*****Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread*****

Haspula

Yeah that looks like a questionable draw-up, with Turner blocking out there. It just looked like we had too many black helmets out there to deal with on the slow-developing play.

Hercules, I dunno, I think the OL is doing a fairly decent job on the whole. Better in run blocking than pass blocking. They're setting up a lot of nice runs.

Holy freaking cow it's a good thing Simien can't hit the deep ball, because it's really available to them.

Those last 2 they ran before punting....WRs had the corners beat....1st one I was sure was a reception and TD, but the throw was off...thankfully.

Like the blitz call on 3rd down, didn't like that it was delayed again and that we sent someone slow (Compton?) off the edge. If you're going to bring pressure, BRING IT. Hard and fast. :lol:

And no, the CB's aren't just that slow. They've been running around all day. Bound to get gassed at some point. THey've played terrific this afternoon.

Don't look now, but holy f*ck our D is keeping us in this game.

Third Quarter Impressions:

• 3rd Quarter was mostly defined by DUMB PLAY-CALLING on the offensive side of the ball....except for that final drive.
  • I still like the Speed Option calls, but Taylor needs to understand that it is called the Speed Option for a reason....you have to hit the hole hard & fast.
  • The defense is playing very well except for that trap touchdown run that we gave up.
  • Story of the game so far is the Special Teams turnovers.

Question Heading Into The Final Part of This Season:

• Is Bo Pelini on the hot seat? Yes.
  • Does Bo Pelini deserve another year? Yes.
  • Does Bo Pelini need to make some adjustments to his staff at the end of the year? Yes. I would keep Ron Brown, Rich Fisher, Terry Joseph, & John Garrison. Tim Beck has to prove the rest of this season that he deserves his job back. Papuchis is on the fence.

Like the blitz call on 3rd down, didn't like that it was delayed again and that we sent someone slow (Compton?) off the edge. If you're going to bring pressure, BRING IT. Hard and fast. :lol:

And no, the CB's aren't just that slow. They've been running around all day. Bound to get gassed at some point. THey've played terrific this afternoon.

Don't look now, but holy f*ck our D is keeping us in this game.

I am glad to see the pressure. It is worth the risk. Let's go offense!

Kick the point, you f-cking idiot.

What for? We'd have gained nothing by kicking an XP.

+1 point?

Which does what for us in the grand scheme of things?

Well, it will make it a 7-point game if NW kicks a field goal this quarter. Instead of the 8-point game it would be currently.