Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

The odd thing is Bo didn't even seem to yell at Bell the way he's yelled at guys in the past. It looked like he just said something quick and the Bell flipped out and Pelini just kind of ignored it. I honestly can't decide if it was just Bell being an idiot or if Pelini really is losing this team. Probably a combination of the two....

From what I saw, Pelini handled it well. He didn't appear to blow up at Bell, get in his face when Bell flipped out, or anything. I guess some people are wishing he'd pulled a Cheesefries Mangino and grabbed the facemask, yanked his head around, etc?

Agreed. I don't know why people look into this and turn it into a negative. Bell had a NONSENSE penalty, Bo said something to him, which every coach should, and Bell went over board. I hope he has to do some conditioning drills when he gets back to Lincoln for the lack of respect.

If Bo was losing this team, you would see the team give up, and not still play hard. Take away those 3 turnovers, it would have been a different game.

We won the game. This thread is now epic hilarity. Lose the team. That concept is laughable. Cautious optimism. We have numerous problems. It's embarrasing the we were even in that situation in the 4th quarter. But Bo has never EVER "lost" his team. That is a kneejerk reaction to a point in a game that should be reserved for after a game. A team has NEVER quit on Bo since he has been here. That is a fact. I commend that much. But I am speedingly heading towards a negative side in regards to Bo. Not his tyrades. Not his attitude. BUT THE STUPID GOD DAMN CRAP THAT GOES ON ON THE FIELD. TWICE TODAY WE HAD AN OLINEMAN LINE UP TOO FAR OFF THE LINE. 10 YEAR OLDS KNOW BETTER THAN THAT IN MIDGETS. We have serious problems still, and I still havent decided if I'm going to the Michigan game.

I somehow doubt the exchange went along the lines of:

Bo: "You shouldn't have made that mistake!"

Bell: "F*!K YOU HOLD ME BACK!!"

That reaction looked to me like Bo said something that crossed a line.

Regardless of what was said, it looked really bad on TV.

Couple that with Pelini angrily pulling coaches off the sideline shortly before that, and it looked even worse.

I somehow doubt the exchange went along the lines of:

Bo: "You shouldn't have made that mistake!"

Bell: "F*!K YOU HOLD ME BACK!!"

That reaction looked to me like Bo said something that crossed a line.

Regardless of what was said, it looked really bad on TV.

Couple that with Pelini angrily pulling coaches off the sideline shortly before that, and it looked even worse.

Umm, BFD

After watching the 3 big ten games we have talent we just make the other team look great not good but great. The turnovers and peantlies kill us. The 2 line calls for lining up on the line are never called and we are called twice in the same game. NU are they getting the short end of the stick on the calls? I don't know. The Bell's issue BO handled it really cool and this team could have quit on Bo in a number games this year and have not. Bo kept his cool and so did the team in this game maybe we have turned the corner.

Let me ask you all this. Do you think Bo's demeanor is HELPING in any way? Am I the only one that sees a correlation between Bo's behavior towards players and the absurd amount of mistakes we make? Do you guys honestly believe that him chewing out players after they come off the field is HELPING with this?