SIGNED DE Randy Gregory

Brouhaha

I see alot of JPP in this kid

I see where you get that, but I see more Jason Taylor and Brian Arakpo in him.

What you guys think now? I can definately see all three of those guys in him and I think it would be interesting to see two things: 1) Where JPP was at this stage in his development 2) What our plans are with him. Do we bulk him up or do we keep him long and lean?

What you think?

Long and lean (probably OOC for both of us). Despite all the talk of the bruising offenses in the B1G, very few live by it. MSU, Penn St., Wiscy and Iowa do the most. Others do some but everyone else does a lot of spread-type offense. Three of those teams we've shown the ability to contain their offenses very well twice already. We need athletes to wreak havoc in the backfield.

I see alot of JPP in this kid

I see where you get that, but I see more Jason Taylor and Brian Arakpo in him.

What you guys think now? I can definately see all three of those guys in him and I think it would be interesting to see two things: 1) Where JPP was at this stage in his development 2) What our plans are with him. Do we bulk him up or do we keep him long and lean?

What you think?

He's perfect just the way he is. The coaches should not do anything with him besides maintaining. His pursuit speed is too good to have him put on weight.

• 4 weeks later...

I just caught the One-on-One with Papuchis and Randy Gregory on N'Side Nebraska. I was watching all of his highlights, that didn't count Michigan, and noticed a ton of sacks. So many sacks that I had to get a list together to figure out how he is tied for the Big Ten lead with only 6.5 sacks.

Wyoming - 0

• Should have got his first if not for the ridiculous penalty

Southern Miss - 0

UCLA - 0

• He tracked down Hundley from behind for a no gain

SDSU - 0.5

• Moss tracked him down and Randy finished him off

Illiniois - 0

• These highlights show a tackle on Scheelhause and announcer screams "Loss of two!"
  • What happened on this play? Penalty? QB run so it didn't count?

Purdue - 2

• Crushes QB
  • Chases down QB for dumb safety

Minnesota - 1

Northwestern - 0

• NW last play of the game, before the FG, was a QB run to the R that was stopped solo by Randy behind the LOS.
  • Again, QB bootleg not counted?

Michigan - 3

Illiniois - 0

• These highlights show a tackle on Scheelhause and announcer screams "Loss of two!"

Northwestern - 0

• NW last play of the game, before the FG, was a QB run to the R that was stopped solo by Randy behind the LOS.

If the play is a designed run, it counts as a Tackle For Loss. Sacks are only on a called pass play.

The NW play was definitely a designed run so a TFL but not a Sack. Don't remember the Illinois play for sure but probably the same deal.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC1m

Randy Gregory: "I'm really surprised at how good I've gotten as far as stats. But I don't think this is the best you've seen of me"

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC2m

Gregory, who arrived at 255, smiled and said he didn't want to say what he's playing at right now. He hasn't set a weight goal for next yr.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC7m

Gregory is constantly eating to keep his weight up. "It's every day all day." Says Kaz calls him to ask if and what he's eating. #Huskers

I just caught the One-on-One with Papuchis and Randy Gregory on N'Side Nebraska. I was watching all of his highlights, that didn't count Michigan, and noticed a ton of sacks. So many sacks that I had to get a list together to figure out how he is tied for the Big Ten lead with only 6.5 sacks.

Wyoming - 0

• Should have got his first if not for the ridiculous penalty

Southern Miss - 0

UCLA - 0

• He tracked down Hundley from behind for a no gain

SDSU - 0.5

• Moss tracked him down and Randy finished him off

Illiniois - 0

Purdue - 2

• Crushes QB
  • Chases down QB for dumb safety

Minnesota - 1

Northwestern - 0

Michigan - 3

Saw on the B1G bottom line the rg44 has 7.5 sacks

Randy Gregory: "I'm really surprised at how good I've gotten as far as stats. But I don't think this is the best you've seen of me"

Gregory, who arrived at 255, smiled and said he didn't want to say what he's playing at right now. He hasn't set a weight goal for next yr.

Gregory is constantly eating to keep his weight up. "It's every day all day." Says Kaz calls him to ask if and what he's eating. #Huskers

Being a beanpole sucks when you are consciously trying to gain weight.

Being a beanpole sucks when you are consciously trying to gain weight.

Yup.