What did we learn?

MLB 51

Good play by the LB's! Way to go Fish! They all played well today. Defense in general played well.

I didn't think Beck called the greatest game today. For some reason he got real conservative late in the first half and it continued for the rest of the game.

Taylor needs to run with more authority. If you run like a girl your going to get hurt.

Bo said they need to cleanup the penalties. Better start with that thumb. I don't want to see another flag on the sideline this year. YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE ANY!!!!!

I learned that we were the better team, with or without Denard Robinson on the field.

That the refs blow. Not only against us, but in general.

That this defense is capable of stopping mobile QBs.

And my gripe of the game:

I learned that Tim Beck is still learning on the job. It has become apparent this year to me that he does not know how to run the ball effectively throughout the game without Rex. This has to change. When we did run the ball today, they weren't quick-hitter runs. Not only that, our runs were too predictable. I want us to add a couple of RB counter plays to the playbook. They are effective but subtle misdirection plays.

+++1 on the counter plays. Look how effective they were for OSU.

I learned that we were the better team, with or without Denard Robinson on the field.

That the refs blow. Not only against us, but in general.

That this defense is capable of stopping mobile QBs.

And my gripe of the game:

I learned that Tim Beck is still learning on the job. It has become apparent this year to me that he does not know how to run the ball effectively throughout the game without Rex. This has to change. When we did run the ball today, they weren't quick-hitter runs. Not only that, our runs were too predictable. I want us to add a couple of RB counter plays to the playbook. They are effective but subtle misdirection plays.

To pile on, we could stand to get more FB carries and add a steady dose of Cross/Heard to soften up the Meatchicken defense sooner. I don't know if they're trying to get Ameer to pick up some power running traits via on the job training, or what...

...but I still say we left 8-12 points on the field because we decided to get 'cute' with our playcalling and not just stick to the run.

I'm glad we won, we did a good job when Denard was on the field, and we won in spite of the officials giving Meatchicken a free FG. It's a good win, but I just hope we don't start acting like we're world beaters. We have a team that, on paper, should win out, but has a penchant for making things difficult on themselves.

Possibly the most complete game so far this season but still had some lapses. We would be scary good if everything clicked perfectly. I was most impressed with our first TD drive (primarily through the air) and our last couple of possessions (mostly on the ground) Defense played great and special teams took care of business. Only things I took issue with was Michigans third down conversion rate when Shoelace was still in and that was due to our coaches not bringing the heat. And the O line seemed a bit off until the very end. All in all a solid performance and important win to keep this seasons goals within reach. Announcers and refs sucked.

Okay, I take total credit for this win. I did not get to watch hardly any of it. So with me out of the viewing audience we won. I have been the problem and vow not to watch another game.

Seriously, Bo did a great job on this game. It helped I am sure that Dennard got knocked out, but listenting when I could sounded like we played a better game than last week, had some mistakes, but some mistakes are always covered up by a win.

Hats off to those that said this would happen, I truly doubted it. Proven wrong, here for the crow.

Great game for Bo, he needed it and delivered. Have to say the offense is pretty darned good. Michigan was supposed to be able to shut us down, Taylor got it done.

Good play by the LB's! Way to go Fish! They all played well today. Defense in general played well.

I didn't think Beck called the greatest game today. For some reason he got real conservative late in the first half and it continued for the rest of the game.

Taylor needs to run with more authority. If you run like a girl your going to get hurt.

Bo said they need to cleanup the penalties. Better start with that thumb. I don't want to see another flag on the sideline this year. YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE ANY!!!!!

The targeting call that precipitated the bench penalty was total BS. I don't blame Bo in the least for that one. The only worse call was the pass interference a couple plays later. What did he do? Give him a dirty look? Cuz he didn't touch him. Officiating like that will beget understandable bench penalties. It was good to see it started a fire rather than a meltdown. Probably helped us in the long run.