Penn State?

HANC

During my high school season, I follow Nebraska extremely close (go to all games...at home), and watch all on tv, but I do not do a great job of following many other teams. I pay attention to scores and standings, but most of my time is geared to my own team.

Penn State is obvioulsy playing with a chip on their shoulder and having a season that no one thought they would. What can they do to hurt Nebraska, and what are their weaknesses? Initially, like most, I thought that this was one on the schedule that would be fairly easy, but record tells me otherwise.

Can anyone shed light, so I know what to expect. Thanks

Sorry if this sounds mean, but you could look at their team profile on any number of sites to look up their stats and who they've played.

That being said - they have no impressive wins. The only thing they've done that's more impressive than Nebraska is not let OSU score 60+ points. We've beat better teams than they've beat. They've lost to worse teams than we've lost to.

Sorry if this sounds mean, but you could look at their team profile on any number of sites to look up their stats and who they've played.

That being said - they have no impressive wins. The only thing they've done that's more impressive than Nebraska is not let OSU score 60+ points. We've beat better teams than they've beat. They've lost to worse teams than we've lost to.

Didn't take your comment as "mean", but stats are stats and really don't tell the true picture. Didn't know how many have truly "watched" them play and took what they saw first hand. Looking more for "match up" issues that could hurt us or benefit us....not stats.

I do appreciate your opinion though

• Fire 1

Ohio State showed everyone that when you get pressure on McGloin, he isn't the coveted "Tom Brady" that ESPN makes him out to be. I expect Bo and JP to bring a lot blitzes against Penn St. to rattle McGloin. Plus with it being a home game, its gonna be even more difficult for Penn St. to win.

You might think, well Penn St. is 3 - 1 on the road. Yes, but look who they played against on the road. Virgina, Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue. Nebraska is gonna be the toughest road game this year for Penn St. Nebraska hasn't lost a home game since Northwestern last year. I like out odds to come out on top against Penn St. It may be ugly, but i see win.

I've only watched pieces of a couple games. They obviously got off to a pretty bad start but are playing better now. They seem to have benefited from somewhat of an easy schedule. Their best win is probably Northwestern and they needed 22 fourth-quarter points to do that (sounds familiar). Lost to Ohio St. Don't have Michigan or MSU on the schedule and haven't played Wisconsin yet.

Pretty good defense, not very good offense. As I said last week and posted earlier today, I think our last five games keep getting a little easier. Wasn't sure we could get Michigan but that worked out. Thought MSU was the toughest of the last four. PSU is probably the toughest of the last three. Hopefully being back home will help get us over the top.

• Fire 1

Ohio State showed everyone that when you get pressure on McGloin, he isn't the coveted "Tom Brady" that ESPN makes him out to be. I expect Bo and JP to bring a lot blitzes against Penn St. to rattle McGloin. Plus with it being a home game, its gonna be even more difficult for Penn St. to win.

You might think, well Penn St. is 3 - 1 on the road. Yes, but look who they played against on the road. Virgina, Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue. Nebraska is gonna be the toughest road game this year for Penn St. Nebraska hasn't lost a home game since Northwestern last year. I like out odds to come out on top against Penn St. It may be ugly, but i see win.

I would tend to hope so as well but I thought we'd see more of that today than we did.

While we're talking about Penn State...

As far as going to the game. I haven't been all year, and I've been dying to go. I can't really find any tickets. What would the probability be of me finding tickets if I just game to Lincoln next Saturday and walked around the stadium checking what people have?

While we're talking about Penn State...

As far as going to the game. I haven't been all year, and I've been dying to go. I can't really find any tickets. What would the probability be of me finding tickets if I just game to Lincoln next Saturday and walked around the stadium checking what people have?

I would say about 100%. Always tickets available around the stadium.

After today, and Wisky and UCLA and Michicken, OSU etc...... I have no idea what it will look like Saturday. I simply want a solid four quarters. I expect it to be a dog fight as that really seems to be our norm this year. At least it is at home.

I'd settle for 2-2.5 solid quarters. Baby steps.

The biggest thing that scares me is that they have nothing to lose. There's nothing on the line, nothing to lose, and nothing to gain. Nobody expects anything from them whatsoever, and as a result they are just playing ball and having fun, letting it all hang out. Us on the otherhand, as the wins and weeks tick by, and we get closer to a possible conference championship, the pressure and expectations continue to build. Just another week in the Crazy10(+2) coming up.

• Fire 2

I don't want to hear one thing about "statue QBs" this week w out talking about their running game.

Everyone thought, on this board, we'd won cuz their QB was a statue, without mentioning their running game. Le'veon Bell had a hell of a game.

What does PSUs running game look like? How good is their Oline? Do they have depth at TE and Oline? Who are their backs, and do they run the O or are they complementary?

Nothing is safe, nothing is sound. But I think we're moving into a place where we get a good 3-5 yr foot grip on the B1G, if we can win out.