Watching the Michigan State game again

Yes, he's tough.

Also, on Taylor's (last?) td run, it was a great play. It was an actual 'bootleg' run.

... I recently played a 96' SNES college football game on my computer because it's one of the only ones I could find (I was getting really bad 'coaching withdrawal', I think after the OSU game), and it actually has, as maybe one of the 6 run plays in the game, the exact play that Tmagic ran for the score, a bootleg qb run that is based off of a sweep or toss fake.

Needless to say, I played the game as Nebraska all the time and would run it tons. So it was kind of a fun moment to see it play out in 2012, live.

Yes, he's tough.

Also, on Taylor's (last?) td run, it was a great play. It was an actual 'bootleg' run.

... I recently played a 96' SNES college football game on my computer because it's one of the only ones I could find (I was getting really bad 'coaching withdrawal', I think after the OSU game), and it actually has, as maybe one of the 6 run plays in the game, the exact play that Tmagic ran for the score, a bootleg qb run that is based off of a sweep or toss fake.

Needless to say, I played the game as Nebraska all the time and would run it tons. So it was kind of a fun moment to see it play out in 2012, live.

If you're talking about the 71 yarder, it was a zone read.

Yes, he's tough.

If you're talking about the 71 yarder, it was a zone read.

The last one was the 35(ish) yarder and was a bootleg

Watch TM's second pick, their cb totally pulls Enunwa back by the jersey, wouldn't have been in position for the pick otherwise. They should've gotten a flag instead of the ball.

Also, on the big pick return AA got majorly held at midfield, so even if the personal foul doesn't bring the ball almost all the way back the ball should've still been brough back to midfield.

The officiating was hardly lopsided.

Did you notice that on one of Arod's false starts, that the PSU DT on the other side of the line actually jumped off-side and then Arod moved. Looked to me like Arod caught movement out of the corner of his eye and that's why he jumped. That's why Bo was jawing with the ref and pointing at the replay. Could be construed as induced. I agree that the MSU guy had a hold of Enunwa's shirt or hand warmer. That should of been a flag. On the last interference it's a little hard to tell but it did look like he had Bell's arm hooked early. The still picks shown by MSU rags show the play well after the actual issue.

35 yarder in fourth. A first down call right after getting the 4th and 2 with the iso toss to the right. Interesting sequence. Tosses scare me to death on 4th and short. We ran it, got it, then came right back with play action off it to the other side, Taylor keeping it for a score. Pretty creative. We've showed a tendancy all year that when we go to the iso toss, we'd stick with if for multiple plays in a row. Michigan St. was shooting it pretty good on the td run. Numerous defenders ran themselves out of position.

Has anyone noticed when stafford flipped off the MSU bench? I found that pretty funny.

I caught that, but I couldn't tell if it was his index or middle finger.

Early in the game, someone with a headset (asst coach, I assume) on the MSU sideline is calling for a late hit on Eric Martin. Then he suddenly switches to yelling at Martin and clapping. It looks like he's talking sh*t. Anyone else notice this? And why would coaches do that? Looked pretty classless to me. MSU just continues to confirm my opinion that they're one of the dirtiest teams in NCAA - I've thought that since the 2003 Alamo Bowl.

Has anyone noticed when stafford flipped off the MSU bench? I found that pretty funny.

I caught that, but I couldn't tell if it was his index or middle finger.

Early in the game, someone with a headset (asst coach, I assume) on the MSU sideline is calling for a late hit on Eric Martin. Then he suddenly switches to yelling at Martin and clapping. It looks like he's talking sh*t. Anyone else notice this? And why would coaches do that? Looked pretty classless to me. MSU just continues to confirm my opinion that they're one of the dirtiest teams in NCAA - I've thought that since the 2003 Alamo Bowl.

The Sparty fans are all bent out of shape b/c Stafford ran through their drumline and grabbed his crotch toward the Sparty student section. lol. LINK

Watch TM's second pick, their cb totally pulls Enunwa back by the jersey, wouldn't have been in position for the pick otherwise. They should've gotten a flag instead of the ball.

Also, on the big pick return AA got majorly held at midfield, so even if the personal foul doesn't bring the ball almost all the way back the ball should've still been brough back to midfield.

The officiating was hardly lopsided.

I completely agree. I think their were bad calls in favor of both teams. And I don't think they benefited one team over the other. Its just that we got some calls at the end of the game. One of my good friends is an Iowa fan and a Husker-hater, he was just furious at the end of the game and said that Nebraska fans should never complain about calls ever again.

35 yarder in fourth. A first down call right after getting the 4th and 2 with the iso toss to the right. Interesting sequence. Tosses scare me to death on 4th and short. We ran it, got it, then came right back with play action off it to the other side, Taylor keeping it for a score. Pretty creative. We've showed a tendancy all year that when we go to the iso toss, we'd stick with if for multiple plays in a row. Michigan St. was shooting it pretty good on the td run. Numerous defenders ran themselves out of position.

The funny part of this play is that Michigan State covered it perfectly. The safety didn't bite on the run action, the linebacker took the backside TE on a route, and they covered the short pass to the receiver. The backside DE got sucked in just a bit too far and they seemed to forget that Martinez can run. A couple crappy tackle attempts later we have 6!

The funny part of this play is that Michigan State covered it perfectly. The safety didn't bite on the run action, the linebacker took the backside TE on a route, and they covered the short pass to the receiver. The backside DE got sucked in just a bit too far and they seemed to forget that Martinez can run. A couple crappy tackle attempts later we have 6!

I didn't think TM would score until he got to the endzone. MSU looked like they were in position to limit it to a decent gain. In rewatching the game, I think MSU's defense was tired by the 4th quarter.