Rex's status for the PSU game?

How about just a couple of plays in the RexCat? Even if just as a decoy.

Split Martinez out. Put Rex in motion.

Defense = :ahhhhhhhh

Direct snap to Abdullah.

Putting Rex on the field is a liability, not for us so much, but for him and his future. Not worth taking the chance until he is 100%.

I agree. I don't want him out there. I want him to heal so he can play in the NFL.

Direct snap to Abdullah.

Putting Rex on the field is a liability, not for us so much, but for him and his future. Not worth taking the chance until he is 100%.

I agree. I don't want him out there. I want him to heal so he can play in the NFL.

I wish I could see him in the NFL, and he'll get a look, but he won't be there long.

I wish I could see him in the NFL, and he'll get a look, but he won't be there long.

How do you come up with that assumption? MCL is minor. The only reason its effecting us, is because we haven't allowed him the proper time to heal.

People said the same thing about Helu Jr. 1,019 all-purpose yards he had last year. If it wasn't for an Achilles injury, he would be right up there again.

Direct snap to Abdullah.

this is the same pitch all the sports agents will be using to get Rex to sign with them! :facepalm: come sign with us where our slogan is "you'll get a look from the NFL but you won't be there long!"

I don't think he'll play. He's been very limited in what he's done. Someone added it up on another board and he's played in less than 1/3 of the quarters played. If you had told me that he'd play that little and we'd only have two losses at this point I'd never have believed it.

So...medical redshirt, and he comes back next season is what you're getting at?

No, played in to many games this season.

Thought if we make the B1G CC game and bowl, he'll be under the percentage of quarters necessary for a medical redshirt...?

As much as I'd like to have Rex next year.......I'm not sure how much I'd want to bench Abdullah, given what he's earned, and Heard and Cross, who await their own break-out season.

The running game has not been a problem this year. Thanks to a surprising Abdullah, the tough extra yard has not been a problem this year. No need to rush Burkhead until he's healthy enough to remind people he should be playing in the NFL next year.

Direct snap to Abdullah.

Rex is just as good if not better than Danny Woodhead and he found himself in the league. I love the scene in Hard Knocks when Rex Ryan has to cut Woodhead and he goes nuts because he knows it will come back to bite him and it did when he signed with the Pats!

Direct snap to Abdullah.

Yes he will....