A fan gives his review of Bo. Bo takes it well.

knapplc

The audio is much better than the written word.

Printed Article Link

Snippet

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was asked on his call-in radio show Wednesday night about his sideline demeanor. He did not like the topic.

The caller made one point: That players may not respond favorably to that kind of passion. … Pelini’s response: “My players and I are close. I’d run through a wall for them, and they’d run through a wall for me.” He added that his players appreciate his competitive spirit.

I agree. Bo is night and day different than he was 2 years ago. I really think he's made improvements. He handles adversity well. I do believe his players love him... if they didn't then why would guys like Ndamukong, Prince, Roy, and others come back after college to hang out with the players/staff and train at Nebraska when they could train anywhere else in the country. If I recall... one of the reasons the players were so upset after the Ohio State game this year was because they desperately wanted to win it for Bo. If players hate their coach then it doesn't go down like this folks.

I had a football coach who was an ex Marine Corps. drill Sergeant and he made Bo look very tame. We played very hard for the guy and we never lost a game. I wouldn't hesitate sending my son to go play for him. Some people just have it in for Bo, and even if he is more stoic than TO for 10 years, people will still bring this up.

Isn't Bo's response here a refutation of this guy's point? Bo has gone ballistic in the past, sure. But over the last couple of years, anyone thinking Bo is worse than any other coach out there simply doesn't watch much college football. Nick Saban, Will Muschamp, Mark Dantonio, Brian Kelly... the list is long.

who...this guy?

original.gif?1351373695

or this one?

SABAN-MAD.gif

Ha ha! Glad to see (hear) Bo slam that guy to the turf--but in a kindly manner ("my man.") I agree with girlknowsfootball that Bo's demeanor is day and night different than a couple of years ago. Sure, he still gets fiery when he needs to. And that's just fine by me. I don't want a coach who acts like Mr. Rogers on the sidelines.