*** Official Penn State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

We are due one clunker home loss each year to a team we shouldn't lose to. I hope that "tradition" is erased this season, starting with today. One game at a time. NO mistakes and punch them in the mouth for all four quarters with no let up.

Sorry I have selective reading. Nothing to see here.

Penn State is good at a couple things that could allow them to pull off the upset in Lincoln.

1. They take care of the ball. I think I heard somewhere that they are tops in the conference in turnover margin. Seeing that we're the absolute worst in this category, it scares me.

2. They have outscored opponents like 100 to 6 or something in the 1st quarter. So they often get off to good starts and take the home crowd out of the game. This also scares me a little.

For those who aren't sure how we stack up against the Nittany Lions

PASSING

--(NEB) Taylor Martinez : 154/245 (62.9%) - 1,941 YDS | 18 TD - 8 INT

--(PSU) Matt McGloin : 211/340 (62.1%) - 2,436 YDS | 18 TD - 3 INT

RUSHING

--(NEB) Ameer Abdullah : 151 CAR - 826 YDS (5.5 AVG) | 8 TD

--(NEB) Taylor Martinez : 117 CAR - 666 YDS (5.7 AVG) | 8 TD

--(PSU) Zach Zwinak : 117 CAR - 545 YDS (4.7 AVG) | 3 TD

RECEIVING

--(PSU) Allen Robinson : 57 REC - 689 YDS (12.1 AVG) | 8 TD

--(NEB) Kenny Bell : 33 REC - 622 YDS (18.8 AVG) | 6 TD

--(PSU) Kyle Carter : 35 REC - 441 YDS (12.6 AVG) | 2 TD <------Tight End

--(PSU) Brandon Moseby-Felder : 25 REC - 462 YDS (14.5 AVG) | 1 TD

--(NEB) Quincy Enunwa : 28 REC - 337 YDS (12.0 AVG) | 1 TD

We are due one clunker home loss each year to a team we shouldn't lose to. I hope that "tradition" is erased this season, starting with today. One game at a time. NO mistakes and punch them in the mouth for all four quarters with no let up.

Have we lost a home game every year that we shouldn't? Yes. (Iowa St, UT, NW) It this Penn St team good? Yes. They lead the B1G in + turnovers, we are dead last. It will be a tough game. Have we put together a solid 4 quarters yet? Have we gone 6-0 since 2001?

Couldn't think of a better word that "tradition" since it seems like we always lose one. SAYING that I HOPE today if the end of this "streak" "tradition", "anomaly", "reoccurring disappointment" etc......what ever word you want to make yourself feel better.

We are due one clunker home loss each year to a team we shouldn't lose to. I hope that &quot;tradition&quot; is erased this season, starting with today. One game at a time. NO mistakes and punch them in the mouth for all four quarters with no let up.

Have we lost a home game every year that we shouldn't? Yes. (Iowa St, UT, NW) It this Penn St team good? Yes. They lead the B1G in + turnovers, we are dead last. It will be a tough game. Have we put together a solid 4 quarters yet? Have we gone 6-0 since 2001?

Couldn't think of a better word that "tradition" since it seems like we always lose one. SAYING that I HOPE today if the end of this "streak" "tradition", "anomaly", "reoccurring disappointment" etc......what ever word you want to make yourself feel better.

No man there was nothing wrong with what you typed I failed to read home loss and was pointing out I hoped we got that out the way in Pasadena.

Penn State is good at a couple things that could allow them to pull off the upset in Lincoln.

1. They take care of the ball. I think I heard somewhere that they are tops in the conference in turnover margin. Seeing that we're the absolute worst in this category, it scares me.

2. They have outscored opponents like 100 to 6 or something in the 1st quarter. So they often get off to good starts and take the home crowd out of the game. This also scares me a little.

I think it's 76-3. Super impressive, and I hope we are the first team this season to score a TD on PSU in the 1st quarter.

I think it's 76-3. Super impressive, and I hope we are the first team this season to score a TD on PSU in the 1st quarter.

Yep Northwestern was the 1st team to score any points on them in the 1st quarter. Ohio State almost did but ran out of time as they were in FG range.