comments made when taylor fumbled after obviously being down .

I'm pretty sure the comment after TMart fumbled was a joke, because they immediately followed up with the self-aware comment about letting it go.

If it would have been us in that position instead, there would have been crying for weeks on here. And they still probably would have kept going over it. It did seem like a rather egregious call.

I'm glad I was at the game. Didn't hear all that crap. It was intense and nail biting. I had two brothers texting me on the replays. One thought we caught a break, the other thought it was clearly a fumble.

But just like the PI last week. The called it and it stood. Nothing will change that. We won that game in the second half, period. Who says we don't go down and score and win anyway?

If you don't like the announcers, just do what I usually do: Turn the TV on mute and turn on the radio and listen to the announcers that are pretty much pro Nebraska. There is sometimes a little bit of a time delay on things, but at least you don't have to listen to idiots that don't know what they are talking about for the most part. But then, we wouldn't have threads like this because some people wouldn't have anything to complain about :)

• Fire 1

This is a pretty good broadcasting team. I enjoy Spielman's comments and think he could be a good coach if he wanted to do that. Sean is generally pretty good. Outside of beating that deadhorse they did a good job.

Constructive criticism. One thing I want to see less of is OPINION by the play by play guy. That's not your job. Call the game. Watch prime Keith Jackson footage if you want to see how to do it. Let the color guy offer the opinion and them move on. Also want to see the producers do a better job. Stick to the football game. Tired of the constant spotlight on Bo. The football game is your mission, not Bo.

I hate ESPN. Sports is competition not entertainment. Go back to highlights and stop the commentary. They can take the $EC and bite down.

The problem with the announcing is that the disputed play was not indisputable as they thought. There was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. If they had called it a TD, I think it would have stood as a TD.

They problem was that McDonnah "sp" and Spielman wouldn't let it go. They kept hammering that it was the wrong call. That is the problem I have with it.

The problem with the announcing is that the disputed play was not indisputable as they thought. There was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. If they had called it a TD, I think it would have stood as a TD.

They problem was that McDonnah "sp" and Spielman wouldn't let it go. They kept hammering that it was the wrong call. That is the problem I have with it.

cause it was the wrong call. the ball of the nose had already crossed the white line and then when the ball completely over that's when it got knocked out. The booth people messed up. the play is over as soon as any part of that ball crosses the white line.

The way they're crying about the fumble for a touchback makes you think they're from PSU. According to rule, there was NOT indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field, PERIOD.

I had the game on but it kept cutting out, so I had the radio on, too. The local guys mentioned that fumble as a lucky bad call (not in those words, of course) a couple of times.

The truth is, if Nebraska makes a bad play and the announcers make note of it -- as is their job -- thin-skinned idiots on Huskerboard will see nothing but anti-Nebraska bias.

No criticism leveled at Nebraska by the national broadcasting announcers or ESPN is as bad or "venomous" as the average thread on this supposedly pro-Husker bulletin board.

• Fire 1

This is a pretty good broadcasting team. I enjoy Spielman's comments and think he could be a good coach if he wanted to do that. Sean is generally pretty good. Outside of beating that deadhorse they did a good job.

Constructive criticism. One thing I want to see less of is OPINION by the play by play guy. That's not your job. Call the game. Watch prime Keith Jackson footage if you want to see how to do it. Let the color guy offer the opinion and them move on. Also want to see the producers do a better job. Stick to the football game. Tired of the constant spotlight on Bo. The football game is your mission, not Bo.

I hate ESPN. Sports is competition not entertainment. Go back to highlights and stop the commentary. They can take the $EC and bite down.

YES! Ugh! I hate HATE the cut-aways to sideline reactions instead of replays. They're trying to turn it into human interest instead of a sport, and that is not just ABC. I really don't care to see an extended shot of a coach on a sideline while the refs debate something-- show the replay. When they do the split-screen thing like it's a stupid gameshow or something... ugh. Is there really anyone at home clamoring to see more reaction shots and less replay? Was there ever a time when anyone here was watching a replay and yelling, "HEY! LET'S SEE THE COACH!" or "HEY! LET'S SEE THE OFFICIAL WATCHING THE VIDEO OR LISTENING TO HIS HEADSET!!!"? But how many times are we now yelling, "REPLAY!!!!"? Ugh.

If you think Keith Jackson didn't insert his opinion, or that the network cameras never used to cut to the sidelines looking for reaction shots, you either weren't old enough to watch or your memory is getting faulty.

There were some good reactions shots back then. Like Woody Hayes taking a swing at an opposing player and getting fired. Husker fans used to love seeing Barry Switzer's neck veins bulge. I still like seeing Steve Spurrier look like he just drank sour milk.

And you know what? That's part of the story. The sidelines are a huge part of the competition. Ignore it at your peril.

One big difference is that replays take a helluva lot of time, and the announcers have to try to fill it. They don't like the long delays either.

Well I am disappointed in my fellow Huskers fans, I am not sure why you guys can't just admit we got a bad call given to us. It was a clear TD and I do believe there was undisputable evidence. Even though I can see how someone else could have possibly thought it was not undisputable. However that person IMO was wrong. I am glad we got the win, but calls like that make me vomit!!

I thought they did a fairly decent job up until the controversial play. Then numbnuts just wouldn't let it go. And they seemed to get biased after that; comments made when taylor fumbled after obviously being down and showing that clip from MSU game (which was out of context because they didn't show any of the many bad calls that went against us). Personally I don't care if PSU did get screwed on the call as I'm still waiting for the makeup call from 1983. In all honesty, I don't think they could overturn with that camera angle The goal line is running from bottom left to top right on my TV, that tells me the camera was on about the one or two yard line. Anybody who knows just a little bit about geometry, trig, right angles etc. should know that is not indisputable. Did it really cross the plane? Maybe, but they couldn't prove it. The biggest problem is not us or the PSU fans complaining about it, it's the announcer who kept going on and on and on when it quite simply was not that obvious.

Thats what I kept thinking, glad someone finally brought it up. It looked like the camera was moving with the play, not stationary on the goal line. If thats the case there really is no way to determine when it actually broke the plane.

Other than that, I really like Spielman, he obviously knows the game. Several times he would point out something he saw in an alignment or formation that might set something up, which then happened. He did get a little annoying coming back constantly to the fumble, but it was the biggest play in the game. And hey, it's far better than having Brent Musberger in the booth.