I think the ABC announcers do a very good job - give it a rest. They harped on the fumble call because it was an awful call. They didn't blame Nebraska, they blamed the referees. Someone, explain to me how that is "bias"

If I was the head referee last night, I reverse the fumble and give PSU a touchdown. I was streaming the game through standard def on my computer, so I didn't have the highest quality view, but everything I saw suggested PSU had control of the football as the ball was extended over the plane.

That said, Penn State needs to give it a rest and look at the big picture. Maybe you shouldn't give up 14 points in the first six minutes of the half or have your QB get called for intentional grounding in his own end zone.

• Fire 1

I think the ABC announcers do a very good job - give it a rest. They harped on the fumble call because it was an awful call. They didn't blame Nebraska, they blamed the referees. Someone, explain to me how that is "bias"

If I was the head referee last night, I reverse the fumble and give PSU a touchdown. I was streaming the game through standard def on my computer, so I didn't have the highest quality view, but everything I saw suggested PSU had control of the football as the ball was extended over the plane.

That said, Penn State needs to give it a rest and look at the big picture. Maybe you shouldn't give up 14 points in the first six minutes of the half or have your QB get called for intentional grounding in his own end zone.

Suggested being the key word. Nothing indisputable.

To me, it looked the ball was even starting to turn as he extended it out before the Nebraska player even hit the ball. There's a chance he was dropping it before it ran into our player. Because they couldn't say with certainty, the ruling was upheld.

• Fire 1

To me, it looked the ball was even starting to turn as he extended it out before the Nebraska player even hit the ball. There's a chance he was dropping it before it ran into our player. Because they couldn't say with certainty, the ruling was upheld.

Don't get boggled in the semantics of what I said - to me, that was a touchdown. Indisputable. I would've given it to them. It was a bad call.

This is EXACTLY what I saw as well. They kept showing the still shots but if you look at it in slow mo the ball was sideways and turned straight just before it got hit out and as it was crossing the plane.

I thought they did alright aside from replaying that touchdown over and over. Which honestly it probably was a TD but we would have went right back down and scored anyway, thing I don't get is the replay from the Michigan State game. The way they were calling that game that was PI and I was actually pretty shocked that Speilman was so against the call. Oh, well I guess. Still think those two did a pretty swell job

They can think it was a bad call all they want, but they needed to move on from it. Bringing up and showing the PI from the MSU game was going a bit too far.

Look the official makes a judgement call in a split second and calls it a fumble.

If ESPiN thinks Nebraska is getting favorable calls they should do some investigative journalism and an OTL program on it. I say this in jest but seriously if there is favoritism in the B1G I'd like it exposed. I'll stop watching CFB if I feel that it is corrupted by officials. Even if we are one of the beneficiaries.

The problem with the announcing is that the disputed play was not indisputable as they thought. There was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. If they had called it a TD, I think it would have stood as a TD.

They problem was that McDonnah "sp" and Spielman wouldn't let it go. They kept hammering that it was the wrong call. That is the problem I have with it.

cause it was the wrong call. the ball of the nose had already crossed the white line and then when the ball completely over that's when it got knocked out. The booth people messed up. the play is over as soon as any part of that ball crosses the white line.

I agree with NUinID, that call could have gone either way and neither way was going to be overturned by the replay angles they showed on TV. You might "think" the ball crossed the plane but you don't know for sure. Are you Sean McDonough's alter ego?

If you don't like the announcers, just do what I usually do: Turn the TV on mute and turn on the radio and listen to the announcers that are pretty much pro Nebraska. There is sometimes a little bit of a time delay on things, but at least you don't have to listen to idiots that don't know what they are talking about for the most part. But then, we wouldn't have threads like this because some people wouldn't have anything to complain about :)

Sadly, I try...but it always seems to be 10-15 seconds off. And it probably doesn't help being in New Zealand, where it takes the stream some time to get to ;)