TM to NY Ceremony: My bet with my pops

I'd say an 8, with some of the reasons mentioned above. Our schedule sets up beautifully for a potential undefeated season heading into the CCG. As someone mentioned, finalist will be determined by then and like another individual stated, as impressive as the stats are the team needs to be successful overall as well. I know there are abnormal cases, RG3, but if he performs like he has lately there is a great shot. I feel that our offense next year will be absolutely deadly, however Abdullah might steal some thunder. Your bet will pan out better than my Arkansas Razorback +8 1/2 on total wins!

He has the speed to produce the sort of signature Heisman moments that look good on the highlight reel.

He has the WR corps to produce really good numbers throughout the year.

He'll have the type of career numbers that help a lot of Heisman candidates in their senior years.

He has the team and schedule to rack up a lot of wins next year and keep a high ranking.

The potential is there.

Heisman is nice. It is a great individual award, and I hope he at least gets a look from the voters.

My eye is really on the Top 10, and I think we have a chance to start the season in the Top 10, or barely out of it. If we take care of business, limit turnovers, play to our potential, we could be talking MNC again. If we are on that conversation, I think Taylor is going to have a good shot at the Heisman. I think, at least for next year for us, the two probably go hand in hand. If we lose 2 or more games, our championship hopes are gone, and so is any chance for a Heisman for Taylor. If we go undefeated, then Taylor has already had and will continue to have the numbers to get serious Heisman consideration.

I think it depends more on how well we are doing and how much of a leader he is to the team. You have to realize that alot of Heisman hope fulls get there just by their team being undefeated or having 1 or 2 losses. At the end of the year that's all the voters really know is how many wins/losses a team has. Aj McCarron was in the running before losing to A&M and now Manziel is in it for the simple fact that his team has a low amount of losses and was a big factor in beating Alabama. To sum it all up, if we go into the bowl season undefeated or with 1 early loss to a good team he has a high chance of going.

The favorite going in every year maybe has a 50% chance of being invited. Maybe. Probably closer to 40%. Look at Phil Steele's predictions before this season:

1. Matt Barkley, USC

Current Odds: 3/1

2. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

Current Odds: 7/1

3. EJ Manuel, Florida St

Current Odds: Longshot

4. Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Current Odds: 16/1

5. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina

Current Odds: 15/1

6. Montee Ball, Wisconsin

Current Odds: 5/1

7. Denard Robinson, Michigan

Current Odds: 11/2

8. Geno Smith, West Virginia

Current Odds: 15/2

9. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

10. Sammy Watkins

Not a single one of these guys will even be invited. The point being, way too many things can happen and way too many guys can come out of the woodwork. Predicting before the season is a total crapshoot. Hell, even predicting before mid-season is tough business. Remember around week four when Geno Smith was head and shoulders and torso above everyone else? Now it's looking unlikely that he will even be in the top ten.

So if Martinez were considered the favorite to win it in 2013 (which he certainly is not) then I would put his odds of being there in December at somewhere around 40-45%. Since he is probably in the 10-15 range in my opinion, I would say his odds of being there around 2% (which would equate to about a 1.2 on your scale). To say anyone, much less Martinez, is over 90% to be there is statistically insane.

Besides, there's a chance he won't even be the best candidate on his own team.