Iowa Coaches AND Fans ready to give up the Black Friday game slot

Why dont we switch Penn State with Iowa.... Penn State or Wisconsin...... or Oklahoma are my choices lol

OU would never go for it. MidGame Bob doesn't want any more obstacles in the way of his hunt for another national 10th place finish.

Move Mich to same div as OSU and Wisky to our division. Then we don't have worry about the teams playing each other a week later in the CC game.

Why dont we switch Penn State with Iowa.... Penn State or Wisconsin...... or Oklahoma are my choices lol

OU would never go for it. MidGame Bob doesn't want any more obstacles in the way of his hunt for another national 10th place finish.

Move Mich to same div as OSU and Wisky to our division. Then we don't have worry about the teams playing each other a week later in the CC game.

Don't want any part of that. Move Michigan to same division as OSU and PSU, and I guarantee our division becomes much like the Big12 North. Most of the talent will reside in the UM, OSU, PSU (after sanctions) triumverant. We'd be in the "forgotten" West division.

Don't want any part of that. Move Michigan to same division as OSU and PSU, and I guarantee our division becomes much like the Big12 North. Most of the talent will reside in the UM, OSU, PSU (after sanctions) triumverant. We'd be in the "forgotten" West division.

Agreed. Michigan State would be a better alternative to switch with Wisconsin, IMO. Sure, they're going to lose a rivalry or two, but that's to be expected when your conference is expanding to 16 team--just make Michigan/MSU the protected crossover game for each school, move Wisky to Black Friday, and move Iowa to FCS. chuckleshuffle

You don't think Wisc and NU can draw enought talent? Wisc, NU, MSU can be 3 pretty talented programs.

Agreed. Michigan State would be a better alternative to switch with Wisconsin, IMO. Sure, they're going to lose a rivalry or two, but that's to be expected when your conference is expanding to 16 team--just make Michigan/MSU the protected crossover game for each school, move Wisky to Black Friday, and move Iowa to FCS. chuckleshuffle

We do that, then we will be down to 15 schools! No more CCG!!! I think we should bring a better team than Iowa in... like Old Dominion :)

On that note, anyone seen Taylor Heinicke play? That kid is an absolute stud and only a sophomore.

I liked the post about "how this is nebby's tradition who cares" or to that extent. Clearly, traditions arise from thin air.

We simply asked them if they wanted to keep our tradition going, they agreed and now they got beat two years in a row, they would rather not do it lol. Thats what it sounds like to me. I like the tradition. If Iowa was to become a better team, this could dramatically improve both teams appearance on a national level.