Next year's schedule

Replacing eight starters from a very mediocre defense should raise all kinds of alarms for next year. I also doubt Pelini will change his defensive scheme, which is his biggest achilles heal. He doesn't have the players to run the two-gap successfully. NU will be able to score some points on offense, and they will need it, cause that defense will be playing mostly new guys. Based on that I make the early prediction of 8-4. Get used to it Husker fans. Like the World-Herald writer stated, "Bo isn't good enough to get over the hump, but he's good enough not to get fired".

Bo haters deserve the second coming of Callyhandjob- when did Nebraska fans become so self entitled?

If TO would have been a coach in today's "Nebraska fan social media circle jerk" Osborne would have been run out of town by a bunch of video-playing "fans" with skinny jeans on

skinny jeans. I hate those things. Why do people have to dress in a way that makes them look as ridiculous as possible, and for one second think it's cool.

Hasn't every generation had those people?

True, but now they either work at the OWH as sports writers, or are about 80% of our current "fan" base

• Fire 2

Not much worse than the baggy, half way down your butt, clad in black with a flat base ball cap, looking to be a gangsta crowd.

Still remember the day I got home from Viet Nam, a little blonde with yellow hip hugger and a white halter top, was the prettiest thing I ever saw. We need those back, and then in LA saw my first micro/mini skirt and decided I liked the new look.

Things change.

I'm actually pretty excited about next year. Sure we are losing a lot of starters on defense, but the d was pretty awful this year. so maybe some fresh blood will spark something good. it honestly can't get too much worse. And with the offense together another year continuing to make strides, i can see a 1-2 loss season going into the conference championship again. hell, might even go undefeated going into the conference championship game if the young defense shows some life.

We will finish unranked and 10-4 this season most likely....10 wins doesn't mean much if you aren't even a top 25 team. Seems like When we were always winning our "9" games a year we were still a top 15 mostly 10 team....How times have changed

20 years ago 9 wins was a good season. With the extra games no 9 wins isn't enough for a program like Nebraska. The standard should be a minimum of a top 20 ranking every year with top 10 at least every 3 years.

Totally agree, if we get by Georgia, we will have attained that this year. The whole season swings on beating Georgia in my mind. We need that win to gain any momentum for next year. Not even a win but a close game with the thought we can win it or lose it in the final minutes would be great, of course a curb stomping of them would be great. Doubtfull but you can dream.

Ah, you kids. (My dad used to say that, sorry.) I remember watching a 21 - 21 tie between the University of Illinois and Nebraska in about 1952 or 3. And then happened to be in the stands for Devaney's first game as NU coach. So, it's been a long ride. And very interesting, to say the least. I understand the DESIRE for the Huskers to be on top of the heap but it's pretty tough to do. I don't get too excited about a season with ten wins or a little less. For one thing, I remember listening to a game with the Sisters of the Poor under Cally when the defense couldn't stop anything. Bo has his faults as does Dr. T and all the coaches and the administration as well. I am convinced they all want to do well and for the most part, seem to be doing pretty well all things considered. The history of college football is LITTERED with teams who fired coaches because they didn't win enought games or didn't win the big ones. Michigan and Tennessee come immediately to mind and there are a WHOLE lot more..

So, feel free to yell at the coach and call his record "unacceptable" and "attrocious" and call for his replacement if you like. But it's till a good university and a pretty good football team with some pretty good players. I'll take that and hope for better days.

• Fire 1

I wonder how many coaches couldn't win 10 games at Nebraska with a schedule like that.

ZING!!!!!!

:moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

UCLA could win the Whack12? If we lose to them, will you go into cry baby meltdown mode and throw the entire coaching staff under the bus?

MSU? MICH? NWSTRN? IOWA? Explain to me how any of these teams are in pushover mode? Penn St?? We need to fill 8 spots on defense and you post that? should win 10 games? srly?? No rly, srly?

This isn't the BIG12 North, chumps. How many nat titles are in our division vs the BG12N? Time to wake up.

8/31 - Wyoming - W

9/7 - Southern Miss - W

9/14 - UCLA - W

9/21 - South Dakota State - W

10/5 - Illinois - W

10/12 - @ Purdue - W

10/26 - @ Minnesota - W

11/2 - Northwestern - W

11/9 - @ Michigan - L

11/16 - Michigan State - W

11/23 - @ Penn State - L

11/30 - Iowa - W

It shall be done.

This is pretty much how I see it with the exception of two games. I'd swap the W's and L's in the UCLA and Penn State games. If this happens, we're pretty much in the same boat next year as this year because more than likely we'll play Ohio State in the CCG. We'll more than likely get curb stomped and end up right back in the same bowl game again.

I wonder how many coaches couldn't win 10 games at Nebraska with a schedule like that.

ZING!!!!!!

:moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

UCLA could win the Whack12? If we lose to them, will you go into cry baby meltdown mode and throw the entire coaching staff under the bus?

MSU? MICH? NWSTRN? IOWA? Explain to me how any of these teams are in pushover mode? Penn St?? We need to fill 8 spots on defense and you post that? should win 10 games? srly?? No rly, srly?

This isn't the BIG12 North, chumps. How many nat titles are in our division vs the BG12N? Time to wake up.

Northwestern and Iowa should never, ever be in consideration for teams that should be able to beat Nebraska. I'd say the same for Michigan State and Penn State (given all their problems), but I know how far we've already lowered the bar.

It won't be long now until winning the "Heroes Trophy" is all that's required in order for a season to be considered successful.