Next year's schedule

Replacing eight starters from a very mediocre defense should raise all kinds of alarms for next year. I also doubt Pelini will change his defensive scheme, which is his biggest achilles heal. He doesn't have the players to run the two-gap successfully. NU will be able to score some points on offense, and they will need it, cause that defense will be playing mostly new guys. Based on that I make the early prediction of 8-4. Get used to it Husker fans. Like the World-Herald writer stated, "Bo isn't good enough to get over the hump, but he's good enough not to get fired".

Bo haters deserve the second coming of Callyhandjob- when did Nebraska fans become so self entitled?

If TO would have been a coach in today's "Nebraska fan social media circle jerk" Osborne would have been run out of town by a bunch of video-playing "fans" with skinny jeans on

Uh....more self-entitled talk. EVERY fanbase feels entitled.

Put me in the camp of only three returning defensive starters is more of a positive than a negative. Some basic athletic ability and speed is all that would be needed to improve on this side of the ball. To be completely honest, 0 returning would not concern me. Of course I assume the cupboards are not bare and that we might actually have some guys capable of pressuring an opposing QB and tackling correctly; just a couple of the obvious things we struggled with this year.

I agree, and it annoys me to think that Bo didn't put the best athletes on the field this year.

I brought this up last week, and Knapplc said there really is not much there. I do not follow it that closely but if he thinks that, then I am pretty sure that is the situation.

We had a bad two years of recruiting no question, and as anywhere that falls on Bo. But it is a tough job to recruit, train coaches, develop a strategy for the team.

I think he gets another year or two to develop his players. He is winning a lot of games, even though some of us do not really appreciate them like others do.

I wonder how many coaches couldn't win 10 games at Nebraska with a schedule like that.

ZING!!!!!!

:moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

UCLA could win the Whack12? If we lose to them, will you go into cry baby meltdown mode and throw the entire coaching staff under the bus?

MSU? MICH? NWSTRN? IOWA? Explain to me how any of these teams are in pushover mode? Penn St?? We need to fill 8 spots on defense and you post that? should win 10 games? srly?? No rly, srly?

This isn't the BIG12 North, chumps. How many nat titles are in our division vs the BG12N? Time to wake up.

Northwestern and Iowa should never, ever be in consideration for teams that should be able to beat Nebraska. I'd say the same for Michigan State and Penn State (given all their problems), but I know how far we've already lowered the bar.

It won't be long now until winning the "Heroes Trophy" is all that's required in order for a season to be considered successful.

Oops. Sorry Dude.

http://www.profootba...ines-by-school/

Iowa 31 Nebraska 30

Of the top 26 schools

8 are B1G

2 are B12

But I forgot. We joined the push over conference. Later husker cry babies.

I think NU goes 11-1 or 10-2 depending on the UCLA game (which I can see us losing they are loaded with talent, but we are playing at home) and I dont think we stop michigan and gardener in Ann Arbor. What I dont understand is how we had an "average" defense this year when it was # 22 overall in the country, that nobody could hardly throw against (yet again this year) and how its going to be worse off on defense next year when I think we have alot of young talent that is more than capable of living up to their potential. I know that this team was so erratic at times it probably caused a few heart attacks this year, BUT I think the team as a whole has improved pretty much every year since Bo has been the coach. Last year I doubt we win more than one of those games that we made those comebacks in. This team doesnt just give up, they continue to fight and thats something to build on. plus another off season preparing for the BIG will play big dividends this next year like it did this year. We will be a more focused and prepared team next year, that I think will play with a chip on their shoulders. Maybe I am a hopeless optimistic person, but I still believe in Bo and this team.

So go ahead and tear my post apart. Go ahead and say that our defense was average at best and how we were so lucky this year and how bo is a terrible coach and everything else. It doesnt matter because I will always believe that they huskers have a chance to win every game, and that is still one of the premier programs in all of America.

I think NU goes 11-1 or 10-2 depending on the UCLA game (which I can see us losing they are loaded with talent, but we are playing at home) and I dont think we stop michigan and gardener in Ann Arbor. What I dont understand is how we had an "average" defense this year when it was # 22 overall in the country, that nobody could hardly throw against (yet again this year) and how its going to be worse off on defense next year when I think we have alot of young talent that is more than capable of living up to their potential. I know that this team was so erratic at times it probably caused a few heart attacks this year, BUT I think the team as a whole has improved pretty much every year since Bo has been the coach. Last year I doubt we win more than one of those games that we made those comebacks in. This team doesnt just give up, they continue to fight and thats something to build on. plus another off season preparing for the BIG will play big dividends this next year like it did this year. We will be a more focused and prepared team next year, that I think will play with a chip on their shoulders. Maybe I am a hopeless optimistic person, but I still believe in Bo and this team.

So go ahead and tear my post apart. Go ahead and say that our defense was average at best and how we were so lucky this year and how bo is a terrible coach and everything else. It doesnt matter because I will always believe that they huskers have a chance to win every game, and that is still one of the premier programs in all of America.

Your positivity will be the death of you. How dare you.

Your positivity will be the death of you. How dare you.

It's just that easy of a schedule, UCLA and Mechicken on the road are the only really tough games that we have on the schedule next year. NW could be a 50/50 since they won't be dumb and bench their dual threat QB for most of the game this time, but it's at home and Bo's team's play much better at home. So we have 9 gimme wins, 1 50/50 and 2 games where we won't have as much talent as our opponent, with two of those at home. Not to mention 8 home games, so IDK how it can get much easier than that.

8/31 - Wyoming - W

9/7 - Southern Miss - W

9/14 - UCLA - L .....mobile QB......we're screwed

9/21 - South Dakota State - W

10/5 - Illinois - W

10/12 - @ Purdue - W

10/26 - @ Minnesota - W

11/2 - Northwestern - L .... mobile QB......we're screwed

11/9 - @ Michigan - L .....mobile QB......we're screwed

11/16 - Michigan State - W

11/23 - @ Penn State - L

11/30 - Iowa - W

8W-4L plus one loss @ Heart of Assassination bowl

8/31 - Wyoming - W ( mobile QB with top 10 passer rating) but no defense so your alright

9/7 - Southern Miss - W

9/14 - UCLA - L .....mobile QB......we're screwed

9/21 - South Dakota State - W

10/5 - Illinois - W

10/12 - @ Purdue - W

10/26 - @ Minnesota - W

11/2 - Northwestern - L .... mobile QB......we're screwed

11/9 - @ Michigan - L .....mobile QB......we're screwed

11/16 - Michigan State - W

11/23 - @ Penn State - L

11/30 - Iowa - W

8W-4L plus one loss @ Heart of Assassination bowl

fify

Majority of folks said 7-5 or 8-4 for this year.

Link?

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/59129-early-expectations-for-this-year/page__hl__ 2012 prediction

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/57141-bold-nu-predictions-for-2012/page__hl__+2012 +predictions__st__50

There are many, many more examples. For as many sunshine pumpers who predicted a 12-1 season, there were just as many predicting 7,8, or 9 wins.

Majority of folks said 7-5 or 8-4 for this year.

Link?

http://www.huskerboa...s-year/page__hl__ 2012 prediction

http://www.huskerboa...page__hl__+2012 +predictions__st__50

There are many, many more examples. For as many sunshine pumpers who predicted a 12-1 season, there were just as many predicting 7,8, or 9 wins.

And if you sit down and note the posters who predicted/expected 7-8 wins, I would bet that 9 of 10 of them are the same ones wanting heads for the 10 wins we have now.

• Fire 1

And if you sit down and note the posters who predicted/expected 7-8 wins, I would bet that 9 of 10 of them are the same ones wanting heads for the 10 wins we have now.

Did you expect them to just say, "Things were better than I expected, but still below the required standard. Oh well, I guess we can let it slide this time".

If the 'calling for heads' threshold is 11 games it doesn't matter if you won 10, 7, or 0 games - heads will still be called for.