VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

i dont understand why a coach who is winning 9 plus games a season since his start, is such a hated figure by fans...people make a point to say it would be impossible to fill his position because coaching on pins and needles is far from a dream job, no matter how far the "checkbook" is open. you dont like him or you do, how about just being a faithful fan and supporting a team, win or lose. if the guy wants to leave, i guess you cant blame him..

There are more inaccurate statements in this post that seem possible within the number of words that you used.

Gene Chizik won a NC two years ago, and he's currently out of a job. Bo was brought in with defense specifically in mind, and this year featured some pretty dubious, historically bad defensive performances. (See my past posts about Bo regarding my impression of him. I've been very, very supportive, and remain so.)

So please spare me the nonsense about how coaching at Nebraska is like being trapped in a rusty cage with thousands of snarling, starving words surrounding you for as far as the eye can see. Ridiculous, baseless assertion.

No need for people to act like idiots. Believe what you want. That's the beauty of boards like this. Pelini was in at Arkansas, offer pulled after the B1G championship game. Some may think it sounds ridiculous, but others reporting this are true. He just wants to get out of Lincoln and away from this program

I have no reason to doubt or believe your statement. Being "new" to the board, I can't tell if you are a person "in the know" or just another guy with an opinion. Both are ok.... Personally, I think Bo would be happier somewhere else, but I have been around coaching my entire life, and my family works within the Nebraska family (doesn't make me know anything more or less) than anyone else.

But, I have an extremely hard time believing that Bo had the Arky job "sealed" until the Big 10 game. I laugh at the idea of a D-I school ....SEC at that...operating on the premise that "we will just take the 'winner' of the game. If you hire someone, you don't pull the offer base on one game. It is an entire process. And furthermore, to turn around and give it to the opposing coach, is just NOT how this whole thing works.

Once again, you may be exactly right, but man, I am sorry, I can not sucsribe to that theory, and almost find it comical that anyone woud believe that this type of "play-off" for a coach actually takes place.

This shouldn't be a surprise. I mean if someone can't handle the pressure as a Coach in Big Time Games and has a overly disgusting disappointment face with players during the game, I MEAN HOW DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL TREAT THE FANS when they hold his feet to the fire? Seems to me he really didn't know what he was getting himself into when he became Head Coach at Nebraska. I.E. fan expectations, petri dish he would be in, and ridicule when blowouts occur. Coach speak just doesn't do it it after BLOWOUT LOSSES, niether does non-verbal aggravation, to most fans at least. If Bo goes to another school it wont last. Then he will become the Hot assistant defensive commidity he once was again. Which is one of the solo things he is good at. Face it, Bo isn't a coaching multi-tasker.

I'm so damn confused, so is VolQuest reporting this because of the rumor started here that is spreading, or because he actually "reached out" to them.

I would almost guarantee the answer is yes. Bo isn't leaving. If he does, I'll be shocked. And I'm not often surprised about what happens with this team.

I've said this every year his name comes up during the carousel month. If Bo isn't happy here, then I'm okay with him looking for another job. I like Bo. Always have. Wild mood swings, be damned. Having said that, I too, want someone that wants to be here. If Bo is just biding his time in hopes of landing elsewhere, then it's time our AD step in and help him land somewhere else. It'd be in everyone's best interest.

I'd +100 if I could on this. These are exactly my sentiments.

Yep. I used the only one I could on it too. Could not have summed up my thoughts any better.

It would have been like 6 long, dragging, endless paragraphs. And we've all seen enough of those :lol: (Unfortunately, there will be more to come. Try as I might, succinct expression just continues to elude me.)

*One note: I thought Eichorst coming in could lead us down this path. Wouldn't have bet on it, wasn't even strongly suspecting Pelini may not be the guy going forward after Tom stepped aside...it was more of a whisper in the back of my mind that I filed away. I don't want Bo to leave, but...well...Nexus already said it.

Mine was one paragraph until I remebered how sensitive some Huskerboard people are when it comes to grammatical inconsistencies. I sure wish MLA would produce the Internet Forum Posting Standard. :D

I'm so damn confused, so is VolQuest reporting this because of the rumor started here that is spreading, or because he actually "reached out" to them.

I would almost guarantee the answer is yes. Bo isn't leaving. If he does, I'll be shocked. And I'm not often surprised about what happens with this team.

Sorry, Bo ain't leaving. All just a bunch of rumors.

i dont understand why a coach who is winning 9 plus games a season since his start, is such a hated figure by fans...people make a point to say it would be impossible to fill his position because coaching on pins and needles is far from a dream job, no matter how far the "checkbook" is open. you dont like him or you do, how about just being a faithful fan and supporting a team, win or lose. if the guy wants to leave, i guess you cant blame him..

There are more inaccurate statements in this post that seem possible within the number of words that you used.

Gene Chizik won a NC two years ago, and he's currently out of a job. Bo was brought in with defense specifically in mind, and this year featured some pretty dubious, historically bad defensive performances. (See my past posts about Bo regarding my impression of him. I've been very, very supportive, and remain so.)

So please spare me the nonsense about how coaching at Nebraska is like being trapped in a rusty cage with thousands of snarling, starving words surrounding you for as far as the eye can see. Ridiculous, baseless assertion.

i guess you are much smarter than me for chopping my own words, making them into what you wish to read, and then trying to belittle me. dont remember writing anything about coaching here is the same as living in a cage? but whatever ha

• Fire 1

Well if did originate from here and is complete BS there will go the entire credibility of huskerboard. Ouch

Well if did originate from here and is complete BS there will go the entire credibility of huskerboard. Ouch

Nah. This is the best place to be. That sh#t was out there way before EZ-E said anything.

Yep. I used the only one I could on it too. Could not have summed up my thoughts any better.

It would have been like 6 long, dragging, endless paragraphs. And we've all seen enough of those :lol: (Unfortunately, there will be more to come. Try as I might, succinct expression just continues to elude me.)

*One note: I thought Eichorst coming in could lead us down this path. Wouldn't have bet on it, wasn't even strongly suspecting Pelini may not be the guy going forward after Tom stepped aside...it was more of a whisper in the back of my mind that I filed away. I don't want Bo to leave, but...well...Nexus already said it.

For gosh sakes, it took you three paragraphs just to say +100! :lol: It's okay, you have a long way to go to match my long-windedness.

We've had all sorts of stuff from Bo's saltwater aquarium guy posted here, hehe.

Bo was in Orlando tjoday for a CapOne Bowl press conference.

But..... Orlando is closer to Knoxville than Lincoln!

12amwhat.gif

and it's a bit early to be down in Orlando, don't you think. I bet someone saw him in the Atlanta airport and he decided to go to Orlando to cover his tracks. Very convenient......

He really was at a presser of some sort in Orlando today. I heard snippets of it. http://sports.omaha.com/2012/12/06/pelini-richt-speak-in-orlando/

Sorry I had to bring facts into this. It pisses me of when folks do that too.

Bo was in Orlando tjoday for a CapOne Bowl press conference.

But..... Orlando is closer to Knoxville than Lincoln!

12amwhat.gif

and it's a bit early to be down in Orlando, don't you think. I bet someone saw him in the Atlanta airport and he decided to go to Orlando to cover his tracks. Very convenient......

He really was at a presser of some sort in Orlando today. I heard snippets of it. http://sports.omaha....eak-in-orlando/

Sorry I had to bring facts into this. It pisses me of when folks do that too.

Blasphemy!

• Fire 1

Facts are facts people. No one has stated that Pelini has accepted another job, will accept another job, will ever leave Nebraska, or anything of the sort. But the facts are that Pelini is having a tough time being the leader of this program right now. That means nothing other than what it says. Each and every day there are people out there who are not happy with the job they are in, don't like the culture or situation at their job. Being a head football coach is no different. I don't know why it has to be so hard to believe that someone isn't as happy as many would hope or believe them to be. Sure, some of it is because there are many out there who live their lives based on this football program, and try to create a story out of something so small. But the fact of the matter is life isn't as Pelini would like it in Lincoln right now. END OF STORY!

• Fire 1

Facts are facts people. No one has stated that Pelini has accepted another job, will accept another job, will ever leave Nebraska, or anything of the sort. But the facts are that Pelini is having a tough time being the leader of this program right now. That means nothing other than what it says. Each and every day there are people out there who are not happy with the job they are in, don't like the culture or situation at their job. Being a head football coach is no different. I don't know why it has to be so hard to believe that someone isn't as happy as many would hope or believe them to be. Sure, some of it is because there are many out there who live their lives based on this football program, and try to create a story out of something so small. But the fact of the matter is life isn't as Pelini would like it in Lincoln right now. END OF STORY!

how do you know this? it just seems a mix of your perception and what you want to believe.