To this years Seniors:

You guys are a part of a very special senior class that I will remember forever. I was a freshman right there with you when most of you came here. It's going to a harsh reality after the bowl game knowing I won't be able to watch any of you guys don the scarlet and cream again.

There's been some great wins and tough losses and I'm very proud of you all and the effort you've all put forth during your time in Lincoln.

I want to wish all of you the best of luck in the future with whatever each of you decides to pursue.

Thank you, Seniors. When fortunes change in the years ahead, we will point to this class as the one that laid the foundation for the second Renaissance of Cornhusker Football.

And, frankly, let's just cut the s**t right now...we know God damn well that you're the true 2009 Big XII Champions. You *did* win a championship for yourselves and Bo, but it was taken away by greedy, myopic "men". Unfortunately, life works that way...where the good, true, and just are trampled on by those who care not for honor or integrity in their victories.

That doesn't take away all of the great things you did for our University, and I'm certain those great things won't stop with your graduation. Thank you.

Now go kick some ass in your Bowl Game. :)

• Fire 1

Out of all the Seniors, I feel horrible for 4 of them and wish we could have seen more of one of them.

Jackson, Steinkuhler, C. Osbourne and Kreikemier are the 3. Stein and Jackson had to end the season in the most disappointing way you could imagine. Not performance wise, but how it had to end. I hope these guys still get drafted and have a wonderful career. Courtney, I think would have been a complete stud and would have started over Stafford he wasn't so prone to having concussions. I don't see a future football career for him because of this. Kreikenmier was suppose to be a our future standout LB. He was the first scholly player under Bo's tenure, given by Osborne. Its just very unfortunate someone who has never had a football related injury had to tear an ACL in practice before the season, then tear his other one the following year, then ending with surgery on his arm because of him being to not move it. I wish we could have seen the true potential of this Nebraska native. Best of luck with him and the family farm.

All the rest are either academic honor/standouts, or they have had some great highlights this year or throughout their career. I will pray for each one of these players to have a successful and healthy life, outside of college football. I think some will make careers in the NFL and some will do great things for their communities.

Thanks for wearing the scarlet and cream proudly and representing our university in a very classy way. God bless each one of you.

It's been fun watching these guys grow up and improve as players. I wish they could've brought home a conference championship for us, but they've all been a part of something most kids could never dream of getting to do.

Thanks for being :bigredn:, guys. Best of luck in the Capital One Bowl, and wherever life may take you from there. May your memories of being a Husker last forever.