Great Perspective from Shatel

I really enjoyed this perspective. Many of the younger generation Husker fans may not know about this but just ask your parents. They'll tell you how agonizing it was to lose to OU year after year after year. What's worse? Getting the crap beat out of you like we did against Wisconsin or losing by a few points after being in the lead for most of the game like we did against OU during our reign in the Big 8? They both hurt like he!! Can we as a Husker nation be patient? That is THE question.

http://www.omaha.com...ent-will-pelini

I was texting a friend of mine who is a Georgia fan on the night we played Wisc and they Ala. At least on that night he thought it would feel better to get blown out and go on with your night than to get emotionally crushed in a close loss.

Not sure I agree but We got crushed so I can't say.

"Fire the coaches" after a 10 win season is a dangerous game to be playing!

I lived through those games and I feel its better to lose a heart breaker than to get run out by halftime. Nothing destroys your faith in a team than to see them give up. Nothing worst than being with friends and all the excitement that goes along with gameday, only to be turning off the radio or switching channels on your team because you are litterally owned. Fight a good battle till the end. Remember how sad it was to hear Jim Rose's voice go from up HERE to almost mumbling during the Clownahan years? Hope and faith are instilled in you when your battles are close, win or lose. Look at this board, how many threads of death and destruction do you have to start about how UGA is going to try to keep it at 80. That's the type of attitude that festers when your not competetive by halftime. Give me a good ol battle till the end, I'll cheer for 4 quarters.

4 quarter slug fest hands down. Like a lot (maybe) on this board I lived through the Fire Tom days for being unable to win against OU and not ever winning a bowl game. IIRC we dropped like 8 in a row......... Hated it, but never felt like we got "beat". We lost, but never got beat. Even in a loss the team always gave it their all, never quit and I was still proud at the end. Wisky was a beat down. It wasn't a loss. Not even close. We were not competitive from the opening drive to the last. Embarrassing IMO.

Both hurt yes. However in one you are not competitive and are embarrassed. THAT is the difference. 10/10 Times I would rather lose a close game than get destroyed.

You would be just as upset if we lead Wisconsin for 59 1/2 minutes only to piss it down our leg. You would be wanting coaching chances just as bad cuz Bo couldnt "close the deal" Everyone already knows you're one of them people, so dont try to spin reasons.

• Fire 1

Both hurt yes. However in one you are not competitive and are embarrassed. THAT is the difference. 10/10 Times I would rather lose a close game than get destroyed.

You would be just as upset if we lead Wisconsin for 59 1/2 minutes only to piss it down our leg. You would be wanting coaching chances just as bad cuz Bo couldnt "close the deal" Everyone already knows you're one of them people, so dont try to spin reasons.

Incorrect. We didn't even look like we belonged on that field. That was embarrassing as a fan. We didn't even compete in that game. That is how I feel, you can think you know all these things about me...but you don't so feel free to get back on topic instead of worrying about me again.

• Fire 1

I lived through the OU and bowl losses. They were tough losses but respectable losses. In most of the losses you got the sense that the other team was better or had more talent but we gave it our best to make it competitive. Not the case with these blowouts the last couple of years. They don't reflect the relative strength of the teams. Are the players giving up, not preparing properly or being out coached? Bo needs to find the answer in order to keep the faith of the fans. I'm not saying his job depends on this but fewer fans will be willing to travel to risk watching a beat down. That's my perspective.

would you rather see your team get blown out or loose a competitive game they had a shot at winning until the final second? is that really a serious question, who would rather see their team get embarrassed and see the coach with dumb blank stare on his face and all the players with their heads down? come on Shatel i usually like your articles

would you rather see your team get blown out or loose a competitive game they had a shot at winning until the final second? is that really a serious question, who would rather see their team get embarrassed and see the coach with dumb blank stare on his face and all the players with their heads down? come on Shatel i usually like your articles

for me, the wisky loss was much more painful than the 1 seconds loss to Texas in the B12 CCG a few years back.

Tom said something when he fired Callahan. He said it wasnt so much if Cally won his last 4 games, it was how they were played. He stated he wanted a team to play competitive, to not give up. He stated if a team plays hard all 4 quarters and still losses, well thats part of football sometimes and he wouldnt hold that against him. I wonder what he think about our 4-5 blowouts over the last 2 years? (granted cally teams were much worse than whats happened with Bo)

Tom said something when he fired Callahan. He said it wasnt so much if Cally won his last 4 games, it was how they were played. He stated he wanted a team to play competitive, to not give up. He stated if a team plays hard all 4 quarters and still losses, well thats part of football sometimes and he wouldnt hold that against him. I wonder what he think about our 4-5 blowouts over the last 2 years? (granted cally teams were much worse than whats happened with Bo)

Didn't Tom say that if Callahan had won out he'd be fine, if he had won 3 it'd probably be OK, if he won 2 that's getting a little tough to work things out, and if he won only 1 (which was the case) there wasn't much to say?

for me, the wisky loss was much more painful than the 1 seconds loss to Texas in the B12 CCG a few years back.

he probably thinks that 4-5 blowouts over a few years is better than 4-5 blowouts in a row like ol' cally