My annual plea for a recruiting CliffsNotes

JTrain

I don't do the year-long emotional roller coaster any more like I used to. The valleys usually seem to overpower the peaks, and even when a good class is signed, you have to wait an average of 20 months before you even see the guys hit the field.

Having said that, I usually try to get an overview of the big stories around this time of year. It's something to follow while the season winds down and I can at least handle the ride for a month or so. If anyone's willing to give me the rundown, it would be much appreciated.

We are in a very good position with a lot of our top guys to land Bo's best class in my personal opinion. We will get at least one big juco DT that can play right away. We should get the top RB in all of Cali, we are in a great spot for a top tier DB, and our chances to add a TE that can play right away are good. I like how our class is shaping up quite a bit. It is crunch time now and we are seeing the staff work really hard at this point in time.

• Fire 2

A few interesting story lines that pop to my head.

QB recruit Johnny Stanton gets called "Johnny Tebow" for his running ability and leadership qualities. The kid has been recruiting like crazy on the west coast for this class.

DE Christian Lacoture Was committed to A&M, then changed to Nebraska, then moved from his HS in Texas to Lincoln, then decommitted, and is now set to go to LSU.

Mike Minter Jr. had an opportunity to make the team and was a pretty well recruited kid last spring, but ended up making bad decision after bad decision and it doesn't look like he has any offers anymore.

• Fire 1

Given that our team is deep in LB's, DB's and RB's I see the biggest need is at OL and DL. Losing our top two TE's also means we need immediate help there.

My list of needs would be this:

1. (2) quality juco linemen.

Hooks and Russell seem to be the best options at this point. Maliek Collins seems like a good high school project.

2. (2) quality Offensive tackles. The big strong guys who can anchor a line and protect a Qb in the Big 10.

David Kneval, Aaron Cochran, (Juco) Matt Finnin, Cameron Hunt (Cal commit) received an offer this week. With Tedford gone he is looking elsewhere. None of these guys are a sure thing so keep your fingers crossed.

3. Tight end.

Beau Sandland looks to be the best juco guy out there and has us high on his list. Some say he is ours to lose but that may not be the case if Vince Marrow leaves for Kentucky. Beau would be an immediate starter if he comes.

Brandon Vandenburg is another juco option who has an offer from us.

2. (2) quality Offensive tackles. The big strong guys who can anchor a line and protect a Qb in the Big 10.

David Kneval, Aaron Cochran, (Juco) Matt Finnin, Cameron Hunt (Cal commit) received an offer this week. With Tedford gone he is looking elsewhere. None of these guys are a sure thing so keep your fingers crossed.

Agreed. This is starting to seem like a bad trend. We have to be able to back up our incredible recruiting at RB (and QB, for that matter) with a great offensive line.

Agreed. This is starting to seem like a bad trend. We have to be able to back up our incredible recruiting at RB (and QB, for that matter) with a great offensive line.

Bo is doin work son!