What they need to do for next year.

Most of mine are for the defense.

1) Improve the speed/athleticism of the RE's.

2) Stonger DT's, depth.

3) Back 7 need to tackle better

4) Faster DB's

5) Take care of the ball offensively.

Don't know who, but we need some staff changes... cough * cotton * cough...

Also maybe some glasses for TMART

Double sided tape for Receivers

Set of balls for EVERY defender

Maybe find out who operated on Adrian Peterson and have him "fix" our speed issues... LOL

2) Stonger DT's, depth.

4) Faster DB's

Maybe find out who operated on Adrian Peterson and have him "fix" our speed issues... LOL

I agree. The D coordinator needs to be fired. As DL coach the DL was bad, and this D stinks. NU has the cash, a top DC should be hired.

O-line is/was terrible

C. Evans was completely outclassed today (I think we were so focused on shutting down the talented RBs and forgot about the WRs....keep in mind those were their 3rd and 4th WRs!)

D-Line needs to learn pass rush moves, especially the inside guys!

I don't agree completely. The OL was horrible at pass blocking and would have looked worse if not for TM's speed, but the OL run blocking was very good.

Offense had nothing to do with this season, nor will it for next. The defense just doesn't have ANY talent. I see the D playing well towards the middle of next season, and us being successful; especially with our schedule. If we can get past UCLA at home early we don't have another 'tough' game until we head to Michigan.

2) Stonger DT's, depth.

4) Faster DB's

I agree. The D coordinator needs to be fired. As DL coach the DL was bad, and this D stinks. NU has the cash, a top DC should be hired.

Bo Pelini is our defensive coordinator, I can assure you he is the one making all decisions and play calls on the defensive side of the ball, JP just has the title of defensive coordinator.

2) Stonger DT's, depth.

4) Faster DB's

Bo Pelini is our defensive coordinator, I can assure you he is the one making all decisions and play calls on the defensive side of the ball, JP just has the title of defensive coordinator.

New Offensive Line coach. The raw talent at skill positions has made up for this under achieving bunch. The offensive line was outclassed today.

Don't agree with this at all. Our offensive line was opening up big running lanes against an elite SEC championship level front seven. Our pass protection was poor, very poor, but our run blocking was good, and the skill positions haven't made up for this underachieving bunch - these walk-ons have overachieved no matter what angle you look at it. All season long our offensive line has worn down a lot of teams. Get some more talent and depth there, and we will be just fine.

As far as my answer to the thread question, I think there are two things we need above all else that will get us over the hump next season.

The first - let our defensive players lose. Not out of control, but just tell them to sic em a little bit moreso. A slight change as opposed to a drastic change could result in a lot of good.

Second - I don't know if it's a scheming thing, a talent thing, an execution thing or what, but our DB's are asked to do too much. They're all immensely talented (you don't have the #1 Pass Defense in the country for no reason), but they're asked to consistently play blanket, one-on-one man coverage on islands all game and that will only work for so long.

There are other little things, but these two are huge in my opinion. For as thin and undersized as we are at defensive tackle, our slow, less-talented guys played pretty damn fine ball today.

Our defense is garbage all the way around. I'm not being a pessimist, just calling it how it is. I hope we find some answers on D next year, because I can't stand watching that pathetic crap.

Why do you think so? They have a really good offense, and we forced them into repeated 3rd and longs. They didn't finish the job, but that doesn't scream "garbage all the way around" to me. That screams close, but lacking something essential. Hell, if the game would have been over after the first half, Murray was going in the Bo Pelini Quarterback Graveyard. That's not garbage all the way around defense.