What they need to do for next year.

This is an open forum and people were asked their opinion so I can't call anyone out for trolling. I don't know how many of the negative comments are due to lost bets or too much alcohol consumption but I was proud of our guys today. They could have rolled over and left without a wimper but they played like a bunch of flint a$$es and played one of the better teams in the country almost even. Sure we need to get better at some positions and deeper at almost all but I'll leave that assessment for this summer. For now I'll sleep well tonight knowing my Huskers played hard vs the best team they have played all year.

This is definitely not the reason why we lost but a big momentum shifter was Abdullah's fumble. We were up by 8 and driving, had it not been for the fumble I think we would have scored, thus making it a two possession game. Instead we fumbled, Georgia recovered and had a big passing play(one of many) and was able to tie it up. I am in no way saying this is the cause for the loss, this falls on the defense. Just thought this was crucial to Georgia's win because we were not the same team after the turnover.

I'm just very curious as to what wasn't to like about the scheme defensively today????

I thought it was a great scheme. I think we all get tired of Bo saying "we need to execute", but the fact of the matter is that he's speaking the damn truth. Our players have the hypothetical ability to execute just fine, but for some reason, and I have no idea what it is, they just fail to in the biggest moments.

There were so many times when we got pressure on the quarterback (yes, can you believe that? Our one-star two-bit washed up undersized defensive line got good pressure in the backfield!) only to have him barely slip out of our grasp, roll out and make a play.

There were so many times when we'd get solid stops on first down. Solid stops on second down. And something happened to let them convert on third down.

There were so many times when we would have nearly flawless, perfect coverage, only to have their receivers make plays and our defensivebacks not.

Everything you just said can be summed up to one thing. Murray is friggin' good. Like first round $30+ million good. Those back shoulder throws looked like Aaron Rodgers out there.

I am upset we didn't pull through, but happy in the effort. I am also completely impressed with Murray. Wow. He is good.

I'm just very curious as to what wasn't to like about the scheme defensively today????

I thought it was a great scheme. I think we all get tired of Bo saying "we need to execute", but the fact of the matter is that he's speaking the damn truth. Our players have the hypothetical ability to execute just fine, but for some reason, and I have no idea what it is, they just fail to in the biggest moments.

There were so many times when we got pressure on the quarterback (yes, can you believe that? Our one-star two-bit washed up undersized defensive line got good pressure in the backfield!) only to have him barely slip out of our grasp, roll out and make a play.

There were so many times when we'd get solid stops on first down. Solid stops on second down. And something happened to let them convert on third down.

There were so many times when we would have nearly flawless, perfect coverage, only to have their receivers make plays and our defensivebacks not.

Everything you just said can be summed up to one thing. Murray is friggin' good. Like first round $30+ million good. Those back shoulder throws looked like Aaron Rodgers out there.

I am upset we didn't pull through, but happy in the effort. I am also completely impressed with Murray. Wow. He is good.

54% completion good?

Everything I have read said he is maybe 2nd round more likely 3rd round pick and he should go back to school

I thought it was a great scheme. I think we all get tired of Bo saying "we need to execute", but the fact of the matter is that he's speaking the damn truth. Our players have the hypothetical ability to execute just fine, but for some reason, and I have no idea what it is, they just fail to in the biggest moments. There were so many times when we got pressure on the quarterback (yes, can you believe that? Our one-star two-bit washed up undersized defensive line got good pressure in the backfield!) only to have him barely slip out of our grasp, roll out and make a play. There were so many times when we'd get solid stops on first down. Solid stops on second down. And something happened to let them convert on third down. There were so many times when we would have nearly flawless, perfect coverage, only to have their receivers make plays and our defensivebacks not.
Everything you just said can be summed up to one thing. Murray is friggin' good. Like first round $30+ million good. Those back shoulder throws looked like Aaron Rodgers out there. I am upset we didn't pull through, but happy in the effort. I am also completely impressed with Murray. Wow. He is good.
54% completion good? Everything I have read said he is maybe 2nd round more likely 3rd round pick and he should go back to school

Well, Tony Dungy said in a tweet after the SEC championship game that the Chiefs should draft him. At #1.

Don't care what you read, I think Tony Dungy's opinion is one I'm going with.

Plus, watch the game for yourself. College QBs don't routinely make the throws he was making. That back shoulder fade he threw 2 TDs on is a very difficult pass especially 25 yards down the field. You can think what you want, I think he will be a first rounder when he decides to come out.

I'm surprised how many people are ripping on the O-line after today. I thought they were dominant until Sirles got hurt and Rodriguez came in. We need more depth on the O-line, but I was surprised how well they held up today.

and it wasn't AR's blocking, it was the false starts too. You could feel the steam go out of the O.

When Sirles went out, the wind came out of my sail as well. Definitely changed what the O was doing for sure. False starts followed by missed blocks......

Next year: Actually open up the quarterback race and let another guy actually see some playing time. Oh, wait.....that's never going to happen...

Yay for T/Mart and Pelini!!!!!!

If Bo learned only one thing this year it is that we HAVE TO develop depth at all positions. You just can't go with the first string, try to develop only them and expect guys to come in after an injury and play to an acceptable level.

• Fire 1
Next year: Actually open up the quarterback race and let another guy actually see some playing time. Oh, wait.....that's never going to happen...

The guy in you picture IS the answer. He has IT.

LOL. Yeah, the same guy who made Martinez look like the chump he is in the spring game last year then magically gets demoted to 3rd string this year and then has to switch to wide receiver. You mean that guy?

LOLZ at some of you Husker fans....

Tmart for Heisman 2013!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Yeah, the same guy who made Martinez look like the chump he is in the spring game last year then magically gets demoted to 3rd string this year and then has to switch to wide receiver. You mean that guy?

What are you saying? You saying that Brion is a better QB than Taylor??

The scheme requires too many things to go right to work. If you need 11 players to be perfect things will break down. The scheme needs to allow for some mistakes.

The scheme was set up today for us to win and all but the breakdowns in the secondary, we executed more often than not.

Would just like a few more finer points I would suppose. Could you be more specific?

My point is that the scheme is not robust. All eleven players must read the same thing and behave according to the same reads. It is too sensitive. Someone will always be a little out of position. You cannot count on players making one-on-one tackles every time. Someone will always purse a little too much or bite on a fake, etc. This defense cannot recover from those mistakes. This is why Bo insists on players who understand the system instead of the best athletes. I want the best athletes on the field being very aggressive without excessive thinking that slows them down. If the 8 senior starters are the best athletes NU has then next year is really going to be rough as we will have 8 new starters that are a step below what we had this year.

What are you saying? You saying that Brion is a better QB than Taylor??

No Ron kellog. Why did Kellog not get any meaningful snaps today. You never know when Taylor could go down during winter workouts. Seriously.

• Fire 1

We need to put together a vicious defense.......and yea......offensive line needs to get down right nasty!

:yeah

The main thing Bo needs to do is blow up this defense. No one should be guaranteed anything coming into next season. You want to start...you earn your spot. The guys we have returning are very vulnerable to losing jobs. Why we don't see our "lock-down corners" like Charles Jackson and Mo Seisay on the field is frustrating. Can they be any worse than what we have out there? We turned Aaron Murray into a 5 TD performing Tony Dungy first round NFL QB pick! UGA had a 6th TD pass but their WR dropped it. Our defense is one of the worst in the country and continues to set records for yards given up in major games.

Next year is the year to turn things around. A lot of new defensive players have potential to play. If Bo does not return to a Blackshirts attacking style defense, next year may be his last. I have said all year that the lack of an aggressive attacking playing downhill type of defense has gotten us in this problem. Sure we can beat the Iowa's and the Minnesota's. But when you let teams like Wisky, UCLA, OSU, and UGA run it down your throat or allow the QB so much time to complete it downfield, then you deserve the garbage we are getting (same thing last year vs. Mich., NW, and SCar). Further you can't recruit to this system because top talent at DE and DT want to attack the QB and not play DE contain.

I hope Pelini can turn it around. Next year is the season...we better not see the likes of this defensive product ever again. It is unbearable to watch because a common fan can see the weaknesses most everytime. Is it just me, or did several others of you call an opponents big play before it happened this year? :boxosoap

I love an attacking D. It is great to the the opposing QB rushing and panicking.

Look at what Wisky was doing with their weird stand-up shifting amoeba defense again today. They nearly beat #6 Stanford and had no business doing so. Stanford's QB was under duress all day, blockers didn't know who was coming, Wisky let their D attack and swarm the ball. Throw this in a bit. Our typical 4-3 is easy to block with our slow undersized DL. Stanford would have throttled us. I can't understand why we have been playing no pressure for so long. We let the QB drop big plays on us or wait until the middle clears out and short passes go for big plays. Why we haven't figured this out is mind-boggling.

Because obviously the spring game will show you everything you need to know about how good a player is...