Predict the 2013 season

KJ.

A lot of people are mentioning who we lose on our awful defense. You do know other teams lose players too?

Are we going to lose to Penn State? Lost best players on both sides of the ball. They don't even know who their QB will be. Sophomore with no experience, a transfer, or a freshman who can't practice until August?

Lose to Michigan State at home? Their awful offense just lost RB La'Veon Bell and TE Dion Sims, the two biggest problems we had. Their defense lost their most gifted player, Gholston.

Gholston declared too?

Yes sir. His was a little quieter.

From MSUSpartans.com:

"Over the last 36 hours, three Michigan State juniors - running back Le'Veon Bell, tight end Dion Sims and defensive end William Gholston- announced that they will forgo their senior seasons and enter the 2013 National Football League Draft. Bell and Sims made their decisions public on Thursday, Jan. 3 while Gholston followed suit late Friday."

http://www.msusparta.../010513aaa.html

Honestly, I didn't even know until I read JTrain's predictions and was contemplating how we would lose to PSU and MSU. So I Googled who each team was losing.

I noticed Nebraska listed 100 to 1 chance to win 2013 national champs. If you're a gambling guy, then put OU (40-1), U$C (60-1) and even Arkansas (500-1) and Auburn (1000-1). Also Texa$$ (30-1). The main reason...... all loaded with 4-5 star players for the past 3-4 years. The weak links, Kiffin, Big Game Bob and Mack is in charge.

BTW, Bama listed 5 to 2.

ODDS

I noticed Nebraska listed 100 to 1 chance to win 2013 national champs. If you're a gambling guy, then put OU (40-1), U$C (60-1) and even Arkansas (500-1) and Auburn (1000-1). Also Texa$$ (30-1). The main reason...... all loaded with 4-5 star players for the past 3-4 years. The weak links, Kiffin, Big Game Bob and Mack is in charge.

BTW, Bama listed 5 to 2.

ODDS

Nooooooooooooo idea where you get your odds, but if you are seeing 100-1, I will wire you some money.

I've seen 28-1 and 33-1.

EDIT: Just saw your link. Not trusting this article. I've been looking at books today.

A lot of people are mentioning who we lose on our awful defense. You do know other teams lose players too?

Are we going to lose to Penn State? Lost best players on both sides of the ball. They don't even know who their QB will be. Sophomore with no experience, a transfer, or a freshman who can't practice until August?

Lose to Michigan State at home? Their awful offense just lost RB La'Veon Bell and TE Dion Sims, the two biggest problems we had. Their defense lost their most gifted player, Gholston.

Gholston declared too?

Yes sir. His was a little quieter.

From MSUSpartans.com:

"Over the last 36 hours, three Michigan State juniors - running back Le'Veon Bell, tight end Dion Sims and defensive end William Gholston- announced that they will forgo their senior seasons and enter the 2013 National Football League Draft. Bell and Sims made their decisions public on Thursday, Jan. 3 while Gholston followed suit late Friday."

http://www.msusparta.../010513aaa.html

Honestly, I didn't even know until I read JTrain's predictions and was contemplating how we would lose to PSU and MSU. So I Googled who each team was losing.

Well, Mich St's done then. They will be 6-6 again next year, and their losses probably wont be as close. You can't replace so much at once and expect to improve.

I scanned through the 2012 predictions and most early posters thought 10-2, with some hedging by saying also possible to be 8-4. Later posters mostly said 9-3. IRA FREAK wins the crystal ball award, by predicting a 9-3 season and playing Georgia in the Capital One Bowl. Pretty damn close!

That said, I think we are going to have a better season in 2013. We will go 11-1, losing to Michigan. I think we go to the Championship game and lose to OSU.

This is exactly what I think will happen. Will it be good enough to get an at-large BCS game?

For the realists out there that realize we will not have a running game and defensive coordinators will adjust for Martinez' shortcomings. And don't forget for a D that will take suckage to another level...

Also, no Arkansas State and Idaho State buttercups.

Wyoming--W

Southern Miss--W

UCLA--L (sorry guys...UCLA will only get better > NU)

SDSU--W

Illinois--W

@ Purdue--W/L (Purdue at home...it's like Jekyll and Hyde with Purdue)

@ Minnesota--L (sorry...Kill will outcoach Pelini)

Northwestern--L (revenge game)

@ Michigan--L

Michigan State--L (revenge game, pt. 2)

@ Penn State--L

Iowa--W

6-6

Heart of Dallas Bowl ;)

This should be an insta-ban!!! LOL

No running game? Ameer, Heard (very good chance he could be a starter or share just as many carries as Ameer) with a dose of Cross. Offensive Line with lose J. Jackson and Choi. Only huge impact IMO, is Jackson. I believe Corey Whitaker would be taking spot of Choi (upgrad IMO), and Pensick will be starting Center next year. Not a drop at all. Rex's words "There won't be a drop off at RB when I graduate". With Brown, I believe that. I also think Rodriguez could lose his position, but only time will tell.

Defensively, we can only get better. We may lack "experience", but we will bigger in size and have even more athleticism on the field, with more play makers and speed. With a better front and speedier LB's, our secondary won't have to be accountable for the run as much and we can protect the backfield like we are use seeing. Only position I am worried about, is Safety. Harvey Jackson or DJ Singleton (doubtful to start coming in as a true freshman) are going to have to play big and be smart. I have heard we have been having Jonathan Rose in this position as well. Not sure if its true, but we did recruit him as a DB/S.

Don't fool pessimism for realism.

What's wrong with Corey Cooper?

IF we can beat UCLA(I hope its at night) at home in the 3rd game we have a great opportunity to be undefeated going to Michigan in November. If we are 8-0 going to Michigan on November 9th we will be ranked in the top 10. That game may be the game that determines if we go to Indy or not. The UCLA game scares me more than the Michigan game but it is at home....I think the season for Michigan rides on their QB Devin Gardner. If he gets hurt Michigan is going to have a much tougher time through the Big 10...

IF we can beat UCLA(I hope its at night) at home in the 3rd game we have a great opportunity to be undefeated going to Michigan in November. If we are 8-0 going to Michigan on November 9th we will be ranked in the top 10. That game may be the game that determines if we go to Indy or not. The UCLA game scares me more than the Michigan game but it is at home....I think the season for Michigan rides on their QB Devin Gardner. If he gets hurt Michigan is going to have a much tougher time through the Big 10...

UCLA's at home.

We're winning that game.

We'll either be 10-2 or 11-1 after the regular season. People might not be able to see it right now, but this team has grown, and limited or gotten rid of some (not all) of the maddening Bo Pelini tendencies during the regular season.

Considering the schedule, 10-2 should be considered a mediocre season and 9-3 would be a disaster.

We'll either be 10-2 or 11-1 after the regular season. People might not be able to see it right now, but this team has grown, and limited or gotten rid of some (not all) of the maddening Bo Pelini tendencies during the regular season.

Considering the schedule 10-2 should be considered a mediocre season.

What if the two losses are close, hard fought games against top 10 teams UCLA and Michigan?

Considering the schedule 10-2 should be considered a mediocre season.

What if the two losses are close, hard fought games against top 10 teams UCLA and Michigan?

Gotta win one of those games against a top 10 team. Say NU wins 10 games against unranked teams and loses 2 to the only ranked teams it faces (given the schedule, this is a very real possibility), I would consider that mediocre.