How do you feel about the different Bowl Match-Ups for Nebraska since being the B1G?

Since you now have been in for 2-years in the B1G. How do you feel that a lot of match-ups for the B1G will be against several SEC schools in the Bowls games? Is there a big difference between bowls match-ups from when you were in the Big XII?

Additionally, I love reading the posts from everyone on here...it is like you have always been a member of the B1G. Most of the posters are very knowledgeable about the conference and the teams and are forming new rivalries. The addition of Nebraska, was just something that I will never forget. :horns

Since you now have been in for 2-years in the B1G. How do you feel that a lot of match-ups for the B1G will be against several SEC schools in the Bowls games? Is there a big difference between bowls match-ups from when you were in the Big XII?

Additionally, I love reading the posts from everyone on here...it is like you have always been a member of the B1G. Most of the posters are very knowledgeable about the conference and the teams and are forming new rivalries. The addition of Nebraska, was just something that I will never forget.

:horns

The bowl matchups in the B1G aren't nearly as fair or competitively balanced. Every B1G team seems to go up against a more talented team. However, the coverage can't be topped. The Rose Bowl is the creme de la creme of BCS games (at least in sentiment, if not in actual ratings), and the Capital One and Outback bowls are, at least in my mind, the two highest profile non-BCS bowls played every year, both with B1G teams. I'll take that over the Holiday and Gator bowls any day.

The biggest problem the B1G had this year was that both Ohio State and Penn State were ineligible for bowl games. That meant that every team was pretty much playing up a level from where they would normally have played, and some were playing two levels up. That's why we were underdogs in every single bowl game.

Despite that, the Big Ten fared reasonably well. Michigan should have beaten the Gamecocks, Nebraska was in the Cap One bowl until late in the third quarter (and were, once again, their own worst enemy in the loss), and Sparty and Northwestern fared well.

I like the Cap One bowl, I'm not a tremendous fan of the Rose Bowl but it'll grow on me, I'm sure, and overall I'd say playing the SEC teams is far better than playing cast-offs from the Pac-12 or Big East or ACC.

I like the idea of playing an SEC team in a non-BCS bowl. Especially if it's a team like UGA/Carolina/LSU it's fun to see where we stack against the "all mighty" SEC.

Completely agree. We were all pretty beat up with the news we would have to face the dawgs, but we sacked up and fought hard against a great team. I'd take that over crushing some nobody or even scrapping with an equally talented team for one simple reason - it's going to make us stronger.

Let's speculate this year if Ohio St and Penn St would have been eligible. We play Ohio St for the Big 10 championship game. Let's, for the sake of what we know, say that Ohio St wins that game. Ohio St. plays for National title, yes? I'll just say yes. It would be an ultimate crime if not. Nebraska would be in the Rose Bowl as a replacement. Michigan probably still winds up in the Outback Bowl. Penn St probably takes our place in the Capital One bowl. Wisconsin probably gets bumped to the Gator Bowl, as Northwestern gets whatever the hell that thing that Purdue played in.

I like it. It helps with recruiting. Especially those kids who grow up despising SEC teams and dream of crushing them in bowl games. Honestly, I would love our BCS game to be the Sugar Bowl and move the Big East over to the Rose Bowl, or bring SEC to the Rose Bowl and move Pac 12 to the Sugar Bowl, so its complete neutral territory. Just my thoughts, but I like the competitiveness. Just wish the Rose Bowl was as competitive as the Capital One Bowl.

Since we are directing a fair amount of our recruiting to the South with the help of Terry Joseph, I say we should play as many games, bowls or no bowls, to get more exposure there. I would also welcome games in Texas and California. It was cool to hear that some of these Florida kids came to the bowl practices and we seem to have opened some eyes with the game with Georgia.

All in all, i would say it is what Nebraska needs. It was kind of like playing Miami and FSU every year in the 80's-90's at the Orange Bowl. A lot of Southern kids came up this way to play when that was happening.

Let's speculate this year if Ohio St and Penn St would have been eligible. We play Ohio St for the Big 10 championship game. Let's, for the sake of what we know, say that Ohio St wins that game. Ohio St. plays for National title, yes? I'll just say yes. It would be an ultimate crime if not. Nebraska would be in the Rose Bowl as a replacement. Michigan probably still winds up in the Outback Bowl. Penn St probably takes our place in the Capital One bowl. Wisconsin probably gets bumped to the Gator Bowl, as Northwestern gets whatever the hell that thing that Purdue played in.

Is there a rule where another B1G team would have to be given a BCS spot? If not, I don't see us getting into a BCS bowl especially if Ohio State laid the wood to us like Wisconsin did. I thought there was this discussion with regards to the Pac 12 when it appeared Oregon was headed to the NC game? I do agree Ohio State would be playing Notre Dame in your scenario.