Tim Brown's comments about BC

Any last minute changes in the Raider offense, especially if they were panicky and pass-based, came from Al Davis, not Bill Callahan.

But I believe Gannon's account. Either way, Gruden gleefully outcoached both Callahan and his ex-boss.

Callahan was already famous that year for telling the press: "this must be the stupidest team in football"

Haha, a couple of veteran malcontents in Rice and Brown. Messed up Raiders team. "Boo hoo, coach did not like me."

It's little wonder that team was so messed up, with a couple of overpaid veterans on the teams who were actually willing to believe their coach wanted to lose the Super Bowl, and are still whining about not being liked ten years later. Much respect to their overall, HoF careers, though.

Cally's play calling evidently impressed Jerry Jones. I heard today that he will be the new play caller at Dallas............

I also heard theyre thinking of hiring an additional "play-calling consultant". what the hell is that?

Don't they have Jason Garrett for that? JJ must really hate Garrett's playcalling.

"The year he took over as offensive coordinator is also the year my reign with the Raiders ended because he made Jerry the No. 1 receiver instead of myself," Brown said. "The year before I made the Pro Bowl and caught [91 passes for 1,165 yards] ... and the year afterwards, the year he takes over, I think I came like 50 yards from catching 1,000 yards in 10 or 11 straight seasons.

"Hey, look, I'm not a selfish player, but come on, if I put the work in, make this happen for me. We had some interesting words about that part of it."

:lol:

Jerry Rice isn't a known malcontent. He's historically a great teammate, good locker-room guy, good overall kind of guy. It's really surprising hearing this from him, but it's not like he's known for being a bad egg. Quite the opposite.

Having said that, it doesn't preclude him from having an opinion that is wrong, or poorly founded.

I simply do not buy the concept that Bill Callahan intentionally threw the Super Bowl. No way a guy does that. A far more likely explanation is that he didn't change the line calls enough to fool the Bucs, and Gruden's team knew what was coming. For those players griping that they didn't run enough - why would you run with a two-score deficit halfway through the second quarter? They gained something like 19 yards on 11 carries in the game. The run game wasn't working. There's zero reason to think that Callahan intentionally sabotaged the game plan - the plan they had didn't work.

BC didn't sabotage the SB, because he was too stupid to come up with his own plays...

He ran Jon Gruden's playbook, so that it wasn't any surprise that my Raiders got the sh*t kicked out of them. I'm trying to find the clip on youtube, where Jon Lynch walks up and tells Gruden, "they're doing everything you said they would"...

Thats not sabotage, that's Callahan being an idiot...

Jerry Rice isn't a known malcontent. He's historically a great teammate, good locker-room guy, good overall kind of guy. It's really surprising hearing this from him, but it's not like he's known for being a bad egg. Quite the opposite.

Having said that, it doesn't preclude him from having an opinion that is wrong, or poorly founded.

I simply do not buy the concept that Bill Callahan intentionally threw the Super Bowl. No way a guy does that. A far more likely explanation is that he didn't change the line calls enough to fool the Bucs, and Gruden's team knew what was coming. For those players griping that they didn't run enough - why would you run with a two-score deficit halfway through the second quarter? They gained something like 19 yards on 11 carries in the game. The run game wasn't working. There's zero reason to think that Callahan intentionally sabotaged the game plan - the plan they had didn't work.

It's Tim Brown not Jerry Rice. Now the quote does mention Jerry (which is presumably Jerry Rice). Tim Brown came off as a hyporcritical d-bag in that quote though.