Tim Brown's comments about BC

Any last minute changes in the Raider offense, especially if they were panicky and pass-based, came from Al Davis, not Bill Callahan.

But I believe Gannon's account. Either way, Gruden gleefully outcoached both Callahan and his ex-boss.

Callahan was already famous that year for telling the press: "this must be the stupidest team in football"

Actually this comment came the following season when they were terrible and he was let go...

I also am in the camp that callahan just isn't a good HC...

I won't go with stupid. I go with loyal and stubborn. Being a bad coach is a question, being a bad head coach is confirmed. But he has impressed a lot of people with his Oline coaching and OC relations. I forget the players name, but he left Nebraska the same year that BC did and ended up being coached by him at the Jets. Said he loved him as an Oline coach, never learned so much and thought he was in his nitch.

I think he was in over his head, the college game is different, other skills have to be learned. I am glad he is gone, only because of his loyalty to Cosgrove. But we ran Bohl out of town to and he is doing a pretty good job.

These guys are gone, both were our coaches, time to let the hate die down. I think both did the best job they could, just was not good enough.

bc did not need to throw that game to get embarrassed as he did. i still can not comprehend how bill got them there, but he was not going to win that game. especially since oakland kept the same vernacular as when gruden was a coach there.

i will say this, oakland is poison and infects everyone who coaches there.

bc did not need to throw that game to get embarrassed as he did. i still can not comprehend how bill got them there, but he was not going to win that game. especially since oakland kept the same vernacular as when gruden was a coach there.

Nah, it was the overlord that was Al Davis...

He was a visionary 30+ years ago, but couldn't change with the "climate" that was the NFL...

• Fire 1

He was a visionary 30+ years ago, but couldn't change with the "climate" that was the NFL...

i thought about that. i know he is now deceased, but it will take me a while to believe the oakland raiders are a functional franchise.

So true. I really wish he had let someone else run the day to day operations instead of micro-managing the way he did.

i thought about that. i know he is now deceased, but it will take me a while to believe the oakland raiders are a functional franchise.

I'm gonna say it's going to have to be at least another 4 years until they become a "normal" franchise...

That means they'll have an over/under of 2.5 coaches and 1.5 GM's until they get their sh*t back together...

I won't go with stupid. I go with loyal and stubborn. Being a bad coach is a question, being a bad head coach is confirmed. But he has impressed a lot of people with his Oline coaching and OC relations. I forget the players name, but he left Nebraska the same year that BC did and ended up being coached by him at the Jets. Said he loved him as an Oline coach, never learned so much and thought he was in his nitch.

I think he was in over his head, the college game is different, other skills have to be learned. I am glad he is gone, only because of his loyalty to Cosgrove. But we ran Bohl out of town to and he is doing a pretty good job.

These guys are gone, both were our coaches, time to let the hate die down. I think both did the best job they could, just was not good enough.

Was it Matt Slauson who thought highly of BC as OL coach?

My dislike of BC has nothing really to do with his coaching ability or his loyalty to Cosgrove. It has to do with his disdain for anything Husker that came before him and how he treated the program while here. Much of that came from his boss however.

Yup. Might indicate insecurity.