Braylon Heard Transferring...

Man if Braylon Heard is an "electric" player, then I need to re-read that definition. Electric players see the field often. Players with loads of potential but don't want to do the work, get left home on trips to Wisconsin after seeing a bunch of playing time his freshman year up to that point, and don't buy into the program and its wishes for you.....well, usually they transfer.

Again, I liked the kid, but it is becoming pretty clear that was the case, not coaching ineptitude.

Everyone and their mother saw this spring as a Braylon/Ameer battle, and not in the Sam Keller/Joe Ganz sense of the word battle. There was every reason to think it was a coin flip between them. However you describe Ameer, roughly the same can be said of Braylon. Even if he lost the battle, you have a seasoned, talented running back in a run-first offense that is no longer going to be there to 1) play a sizable backup role (whatever that means with our rotation management) or 2) step in if Ameer goes down, even if it's only one quarter when a game is on the line.

Agreed, there is really no way this can be viewed in a positive light. Heard is a big talent at the RB position and I don't necessarily blame him for thinking transfer. His playing time has been poorly managed, right down to the brief move to CB last spring before Aaron Green transferred.

Loved B Heards running style! So fluid and instinctive! His running style conjures up the beauty of Ken Griffey jrs swing! Gonna be missed, was looking forward to him killin it next year.

Let us all take a minute to remember who we do have coming back..... Abdullah (Potential All-Conference/All-American), and Cross (A big back, who seems too have an incredible work ethic).... Oh, and of course, one Taylor Martinez....

Its now coming out that this wasnt supposed to be leaked until after spring ball. He was going to wait thru spring and see if he liked his new position as a slot, rb type of guy like Kenyan Barner. Then he was going to decide. Its not for sure hes leaving, but now that its been leaked, who knows whats going to happen. I dont know why he wouldnt be happy about this, they are just trying to get him on the field. Im guessing he told someone back home that he might transfer after spring and hes not happy and might transfer and someone leaked it. Atleast theres hope he will atleast stick around thru spring and see if he likes his new position.

This kind of story jives more with the report that "sources say he wants to play closer to home." Talking with friends/family about the move and stuff getting leaked.

This does seem to make sense, I would think that he still had a good deal of playing time ahead of him, lets hope that he ends up staying.

Loved B Heards running style! So fluid and instinctive! His running style conjures up the beauty of Ken Griffey jrs swing! Gonna be missed, was looking forward to him killin it next year.

Agreed couldn't have said it better myself. +1

I think he is a fine RB, but am I the only one who thought he ran to upright? Also, he was incredibly fast, but I didn't notice must ability to be elusive.

He is gonna be good, but give me Abdullah every day of the week....

I think he is a fine RB, but am I the only one who thought he ran to upright? Also, he was incredibly fast, but I didn't notice must ability to be elusive.

Abduallah isn't going to be able to handle the 40 carries a game we give our backs. Add in the fact that tempo will be greatly improved, and maybe a few less turnovers and you're looking at 45 carries a game. You keep bringing it back to Ameer - but the fact of the matter is that Heard is MUCH better than Cross when it comes to those other 15-20 carries that Ameer won't be able to handle. He gives us more options offensively (even you said Cross is less than ideal in a number of offensive situations). It's gonna sting. Just like we didn't "need" Castile a few years ago...but I can remember a number of times that season where I kept saying to myself that it would have been nice to have him in there....

Abduallah isn't going to be able to handle the 40 carries a game we give our backs. Add in the fact that tempo will be greatly improved, and maybe a few less turnovers and you're looking at 45 carries a game. You keep bringing it back to Ameer - but the fact of the matter is that Heard is MUCH better than Cross when it comes to those other 15-20 carries that Ameer won't be able to handle. He gives us more options offensively (even you said Cross is less than ideal in a number of offensive situations). It's gonna sting. Just like we didn't "need" Castile a few years ago...but I can remember a number of times that season where I kept saying to myself that it would have been nice to have him in there....

I'm not trying to downplay the impact that Heard would of had, I am simply stating that we are going to still be very, very productive at the position. Not to mention we are getting ready to sign one of the best RB classes in the country. I don't think a Nebraska RB has ever carried the ball 40 times in a game? However, Abdullah has more than proven that he can be the work-horse back in our offense. Heard will be missed, but I personally feel that we will replace him with Cross/Newby/Taylor....

So, it's pretty much confirmed that Mr. Heard is transferring. If you want to bitch about it using inappropriate terms, do it in the Shed. If you have some insightful comment that does not involve ripping the kid's character, post it here. If you cannot control yourself, don't post it at all.