Braylon Heard Transferring...

I bet he can't wait to play in front of those large Kentucky crowds!

A6yazVtCYAExppK.jpg-large_original_display_image.jpeg?1352058847

Say what you want about UK's football tradition but we've been in the top 25 in football attendance 10 of the previous 12 seasons. The BBN has supported a losing program for many years and have done so in large numbers. The pick above was from last year after the fans finally said enough is enough and boycotted the games. That pic is very misleading and certainly not what a typical fall Saturday looks like in Lexington KY! After 2012's boycott Joker was immediately fired and the athletic administration finally approved a 200 million dollar renovation of Commonwealth Stadium. We love basketball but folks here are absolutely starving for a top notch football program as evidenced by over 51 thousand showing up for the spring game this past Saturday. That's right....51K for a practice....2nd best in the country. I believe you guys had the most with 60K but Bama has yet to take the field. UK 2013 strength of schedule is ranked #1, we play in the SEC and we have a huge rabid fan base. Simply put..... we are a sleeping giant! Get your popcorn ready cause there's gonna be a show! http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/

Wasn't there a story a few weeks ago about Kentucky inflating the attendance numbers for their home games? Why would a school administration do this? Eveybody know that SEC schools will basically skirt the rules to give them an advantage. If Kentucky is so desperate for a football program, I wonder what the school administration is willing to do to get it. They have already shown that they don't have much integrity.

_____

http://www.courier-j...?nclick_check=1

The University of Kentucky athletic department has found a creative way around providing actual attendance figures for home football games. It stopped recording it.

Through six home games, the average number of tickets scanned was 32,915. That's an average difference of 17,266 per game from the announced ...

_____

Say what you want about UK's football tradition but we've been in the top 25 in football attendance 10 of the previous 12 seasons. The BBN has supported a losing program for many years and have done so in large numbers. The pick above was from last year after the fans finally said enough is enough and boycotted the games. That pic is very misleading and certainly not what a typical fall Saturday looks like in Lexington KY! After 2012's boycott Joker was immediately fired and the athletic administration finally approved a 200 million dollar renovation of Commonwealth Stadium. We love basketball but folks here are absolutely starving for a top notch football program as evidenced by over 51 thousand showing up for the spring game this past Saturday. That's right....51K for a practice....2nd best in the country. I believe you guys had the most with 60K but Bama has yet to take the field. UK 2013 strength of schedule is ranked #1, we play in the SEC and we have a huge rabid fan base. Simply put..... we are a sleeping giant! Get your popcorn ready cause there's gonna be a show!

Couple of things. Attendance was high at your Spring Game because you have a new coach. That'll generate a lot of interest right there, and it also helps that your tickets are free. For the record, Alabama should have a full stadium and lead that nation in Spring Game attendance once again, but admission to A Day is also free.

Nebraska charges $10 a ticket, $15 for club level seats, and still had 60,000 people in attendance. I imagine if the Tide sold tickets for $10 a pop they'd still have 60k-80k show, to be fair.

Regarding regular-season attendance, Commonwealth Stadium has been in the red seven of the last ten years. Granted, you've gone 52-71 in that stretch, and there are some questions about the legitimacy of those attendance figures, but as has been mentioned here, you guys are in the same situation in football as we are in basketball - it's not your primary sport and you're building interest.

I think you've got a pretty good RB in Heard coming in, but I don't think he's going to light Kentucky Fan on fire or anything. He'll have some highlight reel runs but not nearly as many as you'd need to build interest in the team.

I fail to see anything that Marrow has to do with this particular development... Not anything he hjimself has done at least.

If anyone really thinks Heard going to Kentucky is a coincidence, I have a bridge I can sell you.

Bingo! Marrow was selling the idea of him transferring because of his limited playing time, and basically telling the kid he will see the field much more, WHILE playing in the SEC. My opinion, he started doing this when he found out he was going to Kentucky, and Nebraska wasn't going to give him an official assistant job. Heard didn't see the field much here, and I doubt it had to do with the lack of talent. I strongly believe a lot of it had to do with his academics. Here he has to actually do his school work, while at Kentucky, lets just say its not hard to graduate being an athlete there. Again, these are my beliefs, not facts, but I can't key in on any other reason why he wouldn't have played more when he was healthy.

I'm pretty sure that's what Arizona fans thought too when they first got Stoops, and we all know how that worked out!

Different Stoops, isn't it?

Yea, my bad, I think Mark was the DC and the other Stoops (who's name escapes me right now) was the HC. I now feel like a total ass :hmmph

mike mark they both begin with "m".

I fail to see anything that Marrow has to do with this particular development... Not anything he hjimself has done at least.

If anyone really thinks Heard going to Kentucky is a coincidence, I have a bridge I can sell you.

I'm not saying that nothing shady went on in this situation, but I also won't say that it did. It's all speculation. Educated speculation, but still speculation.

I'm not saying that nothing shady went on in this situation, but I also won't say that it did. It's all speculation. Educated speculation, but still speculation.

...u'r secretly an Auburn fan too huh? :)

Heard<Taylor<Newby<Cross<Abdullah

So who really cares why he transferred. You would of thought we lost an All American and not a guy who could barely find his way onto the field. Even when we had a 180 pound back carrying the ball 30 times.

Lets not act like this isn't a loss of talent. Say what you will, put your "Husker" spin on it...it's a loss, one I'd much rather we didn't have. Saying he barely found his way onto the field is BS. You know he was set to play a much more significant role this season and now we're missing that piece of the puzzle. If Husker fans think we are just "this" close to having it together...then this just puts us slightly farther away. How significant that is w/ this offense...I couldn't say. It's certainly not the end of the world...but lets not treat the situation like some recruit picking an SEC team. Heard would have contributed this season, and plenty next. Can't just brush off the fact that we lost a likely 1250-1500 yards of offense over the next 2 seasons. And we're hoping we replace it with completely unknowns. Plenty of which have not panned out for us in the past. 2 years ago Aaron Green would have been in your list ahead of Heard too. Nothing to say Newby/Taylor/Cross won't follow the same path. Better he's on our team than someone elses.

Taylor: Never played

Newby: Never played

Cross: Barely played

Abdullah: One injury away from not playing.

Now Heard is looking a little better.

• Fire 1

Here's a perfect example. Remember that UCLA game last year, the footrace? The one where our defense held in the second half an our offense imploded?

Towards the end of the 3rd quarter, we were down 3. Here's our rushing production at that point.

Ameer loss of 3 yards

Ammer no gain

Ameer incomplete pass

Ameer 2 yard gain

Ameer 5 yard gain

We come out in the 4th, and Ameer has a long run...then enter Heard...

Heard 9 yard gain

Heard 5 yard gain

Heard 7 yard gain

Ameer 2 yard gain

Marrow -1 (missed field goal)

Then we go 6 passes, all incomplete over the next couple of series inlcuding an interception.

Heard only got 3 rushes that game, averaging 7 yards a carry, down 3...and they could have been the spark that got us a win. Instead, Beck goes full Watson. Perfect example of going away from the hot hand. He countinues to pound Heard that series we're looking at a shorter field goal or a TD. He pounds Heard the next series instead of depending on the pass and we win that game. Heard/Abdullah were a great 1-2 punch. We'll miss that, and it's a complete question mark whether someone else can fill that role. I'd much rather gone w/ the guarentee.