Ranking Big 10 coaches - Bo # 7

I stopped after your first sentence. It's ludicrous. It's not a development issue. It's a recruiting/talent issue. You dont pay much attention to anything outside of gameday do you? Suh? Bo did that. Prince Amukamara? He was a frickin WR when Bo got here. Dennard? That's one of Bo's recruits. Rex? The same. Crick? Hagg? Gomes? O'hanlon? Turner? Allen? LAVONTE DAVID? Taylor Martinez? Kenny Bell? SPENCER LONG?

Yeah. Youre right. Even given talent like any other coach, Bo can't develop sh#t.

Even the great coaches have to have the talent to start with. Bo has not had that the last couple years. His recruiting has improved. That is fact. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh#t.

As far as Nick Saban goes....

His time at Michigan St was a borderline failer. 1 9-win season in 5 (since that seems to be the judging point of which Bo is deemed such a failure in comparison), and that was Nicks 2nd HC job. He tucks tail to the SEC where it's easier to nab top notch talent (it is, dont kid yourself) and all a suddent he's winnin championships. Odd how that happens when you have elite talent at your disposal. But it's Nick cant develop players either :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok, I read the rest out of curiousity. This is not 1995 and it's never gonna be again. It's gonna take time to restore what he had as far as intangibles go within this program. Why cant some understand that it doesnt happen overnight. It's not that the kids are not being developed, it's that everyone else is developing them just as well. We dont have the 3-steps-above-the-rest S&C and psychological programs anymore that gave us that edge with walk-ons. Good grief, why is this so hard to grasp? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It's the same old "back in the 90's yeeda yoo"

Lastly. Winning cures all. It's an ugly fact of life. When Bo finally wins something of substance, all the Bo haters will lining up behind us Bo lovers to kiss his toes just the same.

His time at MSU can't be compared to Bo's time at NU. that is because any coach at NU has better facilities and support at their disposal than anyone does at a school like MSU. That is why there are higher expectations at NU than there is at MSU.

I think Saben developed MSU into a player in the Big 10. They had not been relevant since Daurghty. He took a job at a high end SEC school. Not what you would call a failure..

My biggest problem with this whole thing, some say when he gets it turned around, when this happens, and some of said from the start that it was going to take time. But the ones still saying we have done a great job, are the same ones that predicted we would be in MNC game with in the first two year, that we dominate the BIG.

He has not done what most of the Bo lovers said he would do. He has restored us to being a winning program. He has not brought us championships, nor BCS games. These were promised by some on this board almost instantly.

Now that we are headed into Bo's sixth year, some of those that promised instant success are saying it takes time.

He has done an adequate job. Far better than most first time head coaches, but few ever are handed the reigns of a program like Nebraska as their first gig. He is learning, will he figure it out before he is shown the door is the real question. A lot is riding on this year I think. If we are not a top 5-10 program at the end of the year, we are looking at another two or three to get there. We should be a top ten program, not saying BCS champions or even in the game. But with the facilities, the backing and the money we are paying Bo, this program should see the top ten regularly.

His recruiting is better, but he is not pulling down top recruits. As to whether he develops recruits will not be known until next year. We will see how our draft stock rises with the NFL.

Accountability---I stopped after your first sentence. It's ludicrous. It's not a development issue. It's a recruiting/talent issue. You dont pay much attention to anything outside of gameday do you? Suh? Bo did that. Prince Amukamara? He was a frickin WR when Bo got here. Dennard? That's one of Bo's recruits. Rex? The same. Crick? Hagg? Gomes? O'hanlon? Turner? Allen? LAVONTE DAVID? Taylor Martinez? Kenny Bell? SPENCER LONG?

Yeah. Youre right. Even given talent like any other coach, Bo can't develop sh#t.

Even the great coaches have to have the talent to start with. Bo has not had that the last couple years. His recruiting has improved. That is fact. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh#t.

His time at Michigan St was a borderline failer. 1 9-win season in 5 (since that seems to be the judging point of which Bo is deemed such a failure in comparison), and that was Nicks 2nd HC job. He tucks tail to the SEC where it's easier to nab top notch talent (it is, dont kid yourself) and all a suddent he's winnin championships. Odd how that happens when you have elite talent at your disposal. But it's Nick cant develop players either :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ok, I read the rest out of curiousity. This is not 1995 and it's never gonna be again. It's gonna take time to restore what he had as far as intangibles go within this program. Why cant some understand that it doesnt happen overnight. It's not that the kids are not being developed, it's that everyone else is developing them just as well. We dont have the 3-steps-above-the-rest S&C and psychological programs anymore that gave us that edge with walk-ons. Good grief, why is this so hard to grasp? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It's the same old "back in the 90's yeeda yoo"

Lastly. Winning cures all. It's an ugly fact of life. When Bo finally wins something of substance, all the Bo haters will lining up behind us Bo lovers to kiss his toes just the sam

Just checked the NFL draft. 174 taken, not one from Nebraska. Tell me again how we are recruiting quality players and how Pelini develops players? You could not be more wrong! It is an embarrassing joke.

Accountability---I stopped after your first sentence. It's ludicrous. It's not a development issue. It's a recruiting/talent issue. You dont pay much attention to anything outside of gameday do you? Suh? Bo did that. Prince Amukamara? He was a frickin WR when Bo got here. Dennard? That's one of Bo's recruits. Rex? The same. Crick? Hagg? Gomes? O'hanlon? Turner? Allen? LAVONTE DAVID? Taylor Martinez? Kenny Bell? SPENCER LONG?

Lastly. Winning cures all. It's an ugly fact of life. When Bo finally wins something of substance, all the Bo haters will lining up behind us Bo lovers to kiss his toes just the sam

Just checked the NFL draft. 174 taken, not one from Nebraska. Tell me again how we are recruiting quality players and how Pelini develops players? You could not be more wrong! It is an embarrassing joke.

Well considering it was Pelini's first ever recruiting class... and the fact he still won ten games with that group of seniors last year... and the fact he won 10 games on a brutally tough schedule... I'd say we should have a better team on the field this year. You're thinking too much if you ask me.

Well considering it was Pelini's first ever recruiting class... and the fact he still won ten games with that group of seniors last year... and the fact he won 10 games on a brutally tough schedule... I'd say we should have a better team on the field this year. You're thinking too much if you ask me.

Rex Burkhead just got picked at 190. He was an outstanding player. Imagine if he would have had a quality line in front of him? The Big 10 was not that tough of a league. That is a given. It should be a whole lot easier for NU from here on out with the new alignment. Considering the Azzz ripping we got in our losses, it brings into question the coaching and the quality of players. 10-4 if you lose games by a touch down or less could be seen as significant. 10-4 and getting embarrassed on national TV is another issue altogether.

Bottom line and back on topic, Pelini is, IMO, not a very good fit for NU. No one can match our facilities. Yet, quality players are choosing other schools. We have had quality players leave the program. Why is that? The answer is obvious. Those players do not want to play for a person who displays himself in a negative manner. Go to a K-State practice some time. You will not hear coaches, especially the head coach, yelling and screaming profanities. You do not dare take your kids to an NU practice. End of story.

Tell me again how players that we recruited in 2008 are representative of the quality of player that we are recruiting now in 2013?

The fact there were that many 'untalented' seniors that started on last year's 10 win team would imply that Pelini is a very good coach. Wouldn't it?

Tell me again how players that we recruited in 2008 are representative of the quality of player that we are recruiting now in 2013?

All you have to do is look at the performance of the players at their positions. It is the pattern that has been Pelini's downfall. Getting top notch players year in and year out is imperative. We had no quality first team starters on the D line, no depth at those positions. Also of note, other schools seem to find a way of putting their freshman with ability on the field. Why? Because they are great players. Pelini cannot do that. Also, there just has to be more than one or two quality kids in Nebraska to recruit.

The fact there were that many 'untalented' seniors that started on last year's 10 win team would imply that Pelini is a very good coach. Wouldn't it?

The Seniors may have had some talent but were not developed. 3-4 star recruits need to be 5 star players by their 5th year. If they were it would have been 14-0 instead of 10-4. You want to remember that the Big 10 was not a very strong league last year. Only two listed in the top 25 of the Coaches Poll, Northwestern (16) and Nebraska (23).

All you have to do is look at the performance of the players at their positions. It is the pattern that has been Pelini's downfall. Getting top notch players year in and year out is imperative. We had no quality first team starters on the D line, no depth at those positions. Also of note, other schools seem to find a way of putting their freshman with ability on the field. Why? Because they are great players. Pelini cannot do that. Also, there just has to be more than one or two quality kids in Nebraska to recruit.

Whatever. I like Pelini. The players like Pelini. Who care's if you don't like him. Done.

tysonreaction.gif

Answer the question please.

How do players that we recruited 5 years ago speak to the quality of players we are recruiting now?

It depends on your standards for quality. Was Nebraska's class better than 5 years ago?

Have we improved on the level of players we have signed.

Are we recruiting kids that are perceived to get us to MNC by any source other than Nebraska Fan.

My take.

We are recruiting better than 5 years ago. Hard not to.

Are we getting better players. Yes

Are we getting kids that will lead this program to a MNC/playoff. Not likely.

Are we getting kids that should improve the win/loss record, to close to call, but we are getting kids that should keep the scores closer against quality opponents. So we are making headway.

They dont get it. No matter what championships or games are won, the sh#t will always be spun to support their preconceived opinion that Bo sucks, and that's the way it's always going to be.

We'll see my friends. We'll see. Some of you are so caught up with wanting to say you were right that youre completely ignoring some simple facts.

Oh lord. The "play the freshman argument". Goody goody. dedhoarse