Ranking Big 10 coaches - Bo # 7

rankings like that are just meaningless. The better thing would be to list an elite group of the top 5-6 or so --- and not rank them internally within that elite group (how can you with any accuracy?). Then have the next tier --- the next 10 or so... again not internally ranked within that tier just listed. Then do a third tier... say the next 15 or so... unranked in that tier. Then a fourth tier of say 30-40 or so who are your average coaches +/- very little and finally a listing of others and then maybe a listing of "yet to be determined, unproven" grouping.

To numerically rank is meaningless.

Bobby Petrino #8.

Al Golden #19.

Same old Bo garbage.

However, he has also had many uncomfortable (and possibly inappropriate) moments with his players on national television.

Oh yes. I forgot about that quote? Many? How's about 1. Or even 2. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll say 2.

In 5 years.

Bobby Petrino #8.

Al Golden #19.

Same old Bo garbage.

However, he has also had many uncomfortable (and possibly inappropriate) moments with his players on national television.

Oh yes. I forgot about that quote? Many? How's about 1. Or even 2. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll say 2.

In 5 years.

If you're judging by uncomfortable, then sure, two. If you're judging by inappropriate, then zero.

I;m kind of surprised NEB hasn't made a run at Fitz. Seems like he'd fit the tradition and culture well. Like a nicer, smart Bo Pellni? Of course, he may be pulling a Bobby Bowden at Northwestern, though I doubt it.

The reason we never made a run at Fitz is because:

1. We have a good HC

2. He may never leave NW

I think they got to # 35 and said "We forgot about Bo. Ok, we'll put him here instead of messing wt all of our previous work." This list makes no sense at all - just Bo hate. He should be in the top 20 based on record alone. No mention of the mess he inherited and turned around.

Some of the coaches a head of him that don't make sense:

Golden Miami

Mullen Miss State

Dantono MSU

Todd Graham Ariz

Freeze Ole Miss

Gary Anderson Wisc (loosing recored overall)

If you're judging by uncomfortable, then sure, two. If you're judging by inappropriate, then zero.

Not that it matters (especially to this list), but off the top of my head I can think of Snyder incident 2003, VT 2008, Texas Championship 2009, A&M 2010, Taylor episode 2010 (kind of the same thing as A&M...but for A&M i'm think more post-game), Stafford episode 2012. Those were all national news...Stafford slightly less but certainly spotlighted. Texas, Taylor, and A&M all very high profile.

Not that it matters (especially to this list), but off the top of my head I can think of Snyder incident 2003, VT 2008, Texas Championship 2009, A&M 2010, Taylor episode 2010 (kind of the same thing as A&M...but for A&M i'm think more post-game), Stafford episode 2012. Those were all national news...Stafford slightly less but certainly spotlighted. Texas, Taylor, and A&M all very high profile.

The article specifically defined it as moments with his players. Not just moments of him being angry.

The article specifically defined it as moments with his players. Not just moments of him being angry.

I am not sure there is a HC in FBS that doesn't light into a player. Bo's issue is that it gets on film once and then the directors are telling cameras to keep an eye on him forever. As far as I can recall, I didn't see anything about him as a DC at Oklahoma or LSU with this issue. So he had one instance and now they are looking for anything. It's a lot like Paparrazzi.

How dare you upset his hate with your logic.

How dare you upset his hate with your logic.

I think there are a few on this board that have a list of people that no matter what they say they choose the opposite opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Though Brady Hoke may not be the best coach in Michigan football history (Feilding Yost, Fritz Crisler, and Bo Schembechler all probably deserve that honor), I think its asinie to say that he's not a good coach, given the mess the man inherited back in January, 2011. Not only was Michigan coming off a 7-6 season, which included blowout losses to Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl, they were coming off three of the worst seasons in Michigan Football history. Recruiting wasn't up to Michigan standards and the team was unprepaired in most games, especially in conference play. Not to mention, there was division within the program. Michigan football was a total mess.

In one year, Hoke took a team that went 7-6 in 2010, and manage to have a 11-2 season, including a major bowl win. Second year, manage to go 8-5 in one of the toughest schedules in the nation, where they were competitive in every game except one (Alabama, which is no shame, since that team won another National title). Though the team hasn't won a Big Ten title yet, the fact that this team went 19-7 in two seasons, given the roster problems this team had (lack of depth and talent at critical positions), I say Hoke has done a fantastic job with this program. To say Michigan isn't on the rise is inaccurate. Recruiting has picked up considerably over the past couple years, and the team is definately a program on the rise. They should be better in 2013. Just saying.

I say the list ESPN has is accurate. Not a fan of Urban Meyer or Ohio State, but one has to give credit where credit is due.