Ranking Big 10 coaches - Bo # 7

On an unrelated note, so 20-30 teams win nine or more? Well there are 120 teams??? So we are in the top 30% at the very least.

If you want to include Marshall, Fresno, Nevada, Louisianna-Laff, UCF, Ark State, San Jose State, Tulsa, Lousiana-Monro, Ball State, Kent State, SD State, Rice, Duke, Toledo, East Carolina, Troy, SMU, Western Michigan, UTSA, Central Michigan, Texas State, UAB, Western KY, Air Force, Middle Tenn, Akron, New Mexico, Navy, Florida International, Temple, Memphis, Army, Miami (Oh), Bowling Green, UNLV, Tulane, Eastern Michigan, Buffalo, Co St, UTEP, Hawaii, North Texas, South Florida, Florida Atlantic, Maryland, Souther Miss, New Mexico State, South Alabama, Wake, Kansas, Kentucky, Mass, etc, etc, etc....

...as PEERs of ours...then yeah, we're in the top 30%. Yay us! Helps when you throw all that garbage into the sample....

How many of those teams have had the schedule we had? That is the main difference between their wins and our wins. You line any of those schools up with our schedule, your looking at a .500 school at best, with the exception of maybe a couple.

Using you more as an example for all of the other posters that think its okay to say moronic things.

Again, I didn't say the moronic thing you said I said. So you're using a made-up moronic argument, crediting me for it (for whatever reason), and using that as an example for all of the other posters that think it's okay to say moronic things.

I think it's because you secretly love me.

These are the double standards I am referring to. I am not saying that Kc_Husker says the following, but how many times have we heard:

1) injuries can't be used as an excuse

2) A lot of teams play with back ups and freshman

3) They found a way to win the game is all the matters

4) A tough schedule can't be used as an excuse

What I see above are a ton of excuses given by Kc_Husker for other coaches. If we

can use the above excuses for other coaches why is Bo held to a standard that surpasses perfection?

Since you were crying about the non-response...

1) Do you really think that if Taylor goes down in the first game of the season we are going to still expect the same outcome for the season as if he'd been in there? Are you insane? No one would. We lose a mediocre DT an the board blames the whole season on it. Not acceptable. Losing your Heisman QB? Probably going to impact a little more. We had no problem using the T-Mart injured excuse through 2010, or the "he's just a sophomore" excuse through 2011...seem like that's all we hear in defense of Bo from people like you.

2) We've been hedging the defense all offseason because of the young players. It's already an excuse and we haven't even played a game yet. I even commented on it in that post above. We know it's an excuse for Bo. We also know it's his issue to deal with. It's not a result of injuries so he should be able to overcome it at least somewhat and not give up 70. That will never be acceptable to anyone here.

3) I'm not sure what this is reffering to.

4) Our schedule did not end up being all that tough. Getting curb stomped by a 7-5 Wisconsin? Getting Michigan and Penn State at home. We played 3 ranked opponents, only 1 in the top 10. Most of the teams above played 5-6. And we have a cakewalk of a schedule next year - so to say it won't factor into the outcome of the season is ridiculous.

These are the double standards I am referring to. I am not saying that Kc_Husker says the following, but how many times have we heard:

1) injuries can't be used as an excuse

2) A lot of teams play with back ups and freshman

3) They found a way to win the game is all the matters

4) A tough schedule can't be used as an excuse

What I see above are a ton of excuses given by Kc_Husker for other coaches. If we

can use the above excuses for other coaches why is Bo held to a standard that surpasses perfection?

Since you were crying about the non-response...

1) Do you really think that if Taylor goes down in the first game of the season we are going to still expect the same outcome for the season as if he'd been in there? Are you insane? No one would. We lose a mediocre DT an the board blames the whole season on it. Not acceptable. Losing your Heisman QB? Probably going to impact a little more. We had no problem using the T-Mart injured excuse through 2010, or the "he's just a sophomore" excuse through 2011...seem like that's all we hear in defense of Bo from people like you.

2) We've been hedging the defense all offseason because of the young players. It's already an excuse and we haven't even played a game yet. I even commented on it in that post above. We know it's an excuse for Bo. We also know it's his issue to deal with. It's not a result of injuries so he should be able to overcome it at least somewhat and not give up 70. That will never be acceptable to anyone here.

3) I'm not sure what this is reffering to.

4) Our schedule did not end up being all that tough. Getting curb stomped by a 7-5 Wisconsin? Getting Michigan and Penn State at home. We played 3 ranked opponents, only 1 in the top 10. Most of the teams above played 5-6. And we have a cakewalk of a schedule next year - so to say it won't factor into the outcome of the season is ridiculous.

1) there are people that would expect the exact same results if Taylor got hurt and we've seen it time and time again. We allow another team to use the "Oh Dennard Robinson got hurt that's why they beat us" excuse, but our team is above losing a very valuable player??. So what are you saying here? Are you saying in 2010 Taylor's injury shouldn't have impacted our team? Are you saying Taylor's inexperience in 2011 shouldn't have impacted our record? I allowed for growing pains. As I do with our head football coach.

2) my expectations for the defense are realistic. I know we aren't gonna come out and allow less than 100 yards of total offense and shut every team out. We are going to have growing pains. My hope and I expect us to be playing very good defense by about week 4 or 5. It's a good thing we will be able to score 50 on anyone.

3) more of a joke

4) finished with the 13th toughest schedule in the nation.

If your honestly saying that we lost to Wisconsin because we were out-coached, I would highly recommend you to rewatch that game again. Did you even watch it all? Because I know I am one of the few fans that watched all 60 minutes of that game. That game, the coaches had EVERY player in position. That game was lost, solely on the lack of talent and inability to tackle and make correct cuts. All our coaches can do, is put them kids in position. Its up to the players to make the play, and make the tackle. Out-coached, I don't think so.

Who puts together this team of players who are completely unable to tackle any and all opposing players on an 8-5 team they had defeated a couple months earlier?

How does a head coach brought in for his defensive genius surround himself with less talented and mistake-prone players in his fifth season?

I watched the whole game, chief. I watched the whole UCLA game and Ohio State game, too. Like most Husker fans, I don't miss the big games when the Huskers have put themselves in position to be meaningful again.

When offense, defense and special teams all go out in the same big game and suddenly get the yips, failing at the most simple executions and acting like spectators at their own 31 - 70 thrashing, that goes to the head coach. And Bo Pelini knows that. Less talented teams beat more talented teams all the time. Part of it is strategy and execution, but it's mostly getting a team's head in the game. That's what head coaches do.

I don't hate Bo. I don't love him, either. My money is on the Huskers showing improvement this year and Bo being safe for another three seasons.

But it's pretty silly to keep making these excuses for him.

Bo got out-coached against Wisconsin and UCLA. And a couple games he just got lucky. But there was some scrap to the Huskers last year, and I don't mind him getting credit for that.

Scout had us around 11 last year.

Double standards? I have seen you recruiting "experts" for years saying 'scout sucks.'

Guess they don't suck when they have us the highest of all sites.

Welcome to the board. I've long said that rivals was superior to scout. I truly believe that. However, rivals had things flat out wrong this year. For example, Courtney Love. Not a chance a monster like that is a three star kid. Especially with those types of offers he had.

Using you more as an example for all of the other posters that think its okay to say moronic things.

Again, I didn't say the moronic thing you said I said. So you're using a made-up moronic argument, crediting me for it (for whatever reason), and using that as an example for all of the other posters that think it's okay to say moronic things.

I think it's because you secretly love me.

I suppose exaggerations and sarcasm doesn't transfer well online. Let me rephrase:

You are part of the anti-Bo crowd. It's easy to see. We had this conversation in rumorville several months ago. Some of the posts that you put out there make it sound like you want us to believe that Bo is the worst coach to ever live. You notice how nowhere in that post did I ever say those are your direct quotes??? Within the context of your posts, we can usually conclude that you don't like him. With your anti-Bo agenda and a lot of other people's, comes a lot of double standards I have pointed out and you have admitted to.

I suggest some go back and read their comments when Bo was first hired. Very few on this thread expected what has happened. Most of the Bo ites expected us to be in the MNC that year. That Bo would destroy the Big 10 the first year, due to the speed he recruited.

I am the first to admit, I do not like him. But as far as coaching he has done better than I expected. We have had some luck, a lot last year. He has things to learn. But whether you like him or not. He is where the Buck stops. He is responsible for where the program is at, no one else.

Are we where this group thought we would be at this point in his career? Not even close.

Are we where any of us want us to be? Doubtful.

Can he get us to where we want to be? Possibly

I for one do not want him fired, and really do not think any that are raising the points of his short comings do either.

He needs to do the job he stated he would do, the job he has had several pay raises to do.

Bottom line, he got us to where we are at. Some are happy with the wins he has gotten. Some are happy with them, but see the same mistakes over and over, year after year, and wonder when it changes. Those mistakes do not lead to CCG wins nor BCS games, let alone a MNC. Tougher even though will be making it into the play off next year.

He has done many good things. He has ran a clean program, punished kids when they needed punished. Kept a good reputation for the program. Raised graduation rates. Kids attend class.

I hope this is the year that all the lights come on. I do not expect an undefeated season, but I expect kids that he chose to set last year, make the jump to starters with attitudes, speed and a killer instinct.

Support him, love him, hate him. It makes no difference. This is the year he has to show he can cover every base required to be a very good team.

I truly hope he does.

As to rankings, behind Urban only because he has walked the walk and talked the talk in the past. Not really impressed with their performance overall this year, but went undefeated.

Fitz, is a very good coach. My guess a little better than Bo. Relates well with the kids, and is behind on support, not only university, but fan support. He has done a great job since he got there. It is his home, sometimes you fight harder I think.

Hoke, is a proven head coach, has done well with Michigan, like Bo inheriting players he did not recruit, but has adapted his coaching to fit. Not so sure Bo has done that as well as he could.

Bo is fourth on the list for me. Better than others that are close. But I like how he runs the program, which I never thought he would be capable of. I am more about Nebraska being Nebraska than I am wins and losses. He has the University in a position of respect. I have changed my thinking on him a lot due to his never ending efforts to make the kids better men. The program better. I hope the wins that we really need start for him.

Sorry for the book.

I just do not feel because some are not as passionate about Bo as others, does not make them less of a fan. All on here love this team, the school. May not care for the leader, but he is doing the best he can. I support him, still think we would have been in a better win/loss of major games with one of the others we considered. I hope the allegiance he claims for Nebraska is real. No more blow outs, he can be our coach until he decides differently. More blowouts like last year, I think it will be time to consider another route.