The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

None

None

7/177 - James Hawkins

12/306 - Dick Davis

5/158 - Cody Glenn

6/193 - Matt Slauson

7/228 - Lydon Murtha

5/142 - Zack Bowman

5/164 - Carl Nicks

6/197 - Bo Ruud

These are the five worst seasons of the modern era. CBS Sports predicts Eric Martin in 6-7, Kyler Reed and Daimion Stafford in 7, and Maher, Burkhead and Compton as 7-FA.

But look at the year after each of these three recent horrendous drafts. 1970, 2009 and 2010... pretty good results.

004-1.jpg

• Fire 1

None

None

7/177 - James Hawkins

12/306 - Dick Davis

5/158 - Cody Glenn

6/193 - Matt Slauson

7/228 - Lydon Murtha

5/142 - Zack Bowman

5/164 - Carl Nicks

6/197 - Bo Ruud

These are the five worst seasons of the modern era. CBS Sports predicts Eric Martin in 6-7, Kyler Reed and Daimion Stafford in 7, and Maher, Burkhead and Compton as 7-FA.

But look at the year after each of these three recent horrendous drafts. 1970, 2009 and 2010... pretty good results.

004-1.jpg

n/m. my bad.

None

None

7/177 - James Hawkins

12/306 - Dick Davis

5/158 - Cody Glenn

6/193 - Matt Slauson

7/228 - Lydon Murtha

5/142 - Zack Bowman

5/164 - Carl Nicks

6/197 - Bo Ruud

004-1.jpg

Maybe this trend will continue :)

IMO, shows how lacking in talent we truly were. The team and staff did a great job in getting us the wins. In regards to talent, we have been swimming in the shallow end of the pool. I hope this year we get in the deep water. As Zoogies mentioned above, Rex is our top prospect and might go 7 or FA?!

Saw where Michicken and Hoke already have 5 of the 2014 top 150 as commits............

Oh, right. So if all our guys are marginal late round prospects then we might have nobody drafted. Or we could have a bunch. I'm going to guess in the middle and maybe we sneak in three. I do think Rex is #1 though and goes before round 6 surely.. CBS got this one very wrong.

Burkhead-5, Reed-7, Martin-7.

If we get more than 2 players drafted, I will be more than happy. Martin and Burkhead were the two I thought would be drafted. Kickers aren't really ever drafted, but some get the chance.

This year, I don't think Maher will be drafted and will become a FA. His bloopers last year may cost him his shot. Alex Henry went late in the rounds, and he had a better leg, accuracy and almost a flawless season.

Stafford, I just don't see him being picked up, and forced to sign FA if he wants to play. Compton, same thing, even though I believe he would do decent in the NFL. Not your all star LB, but would be good with another star on the team.

If Burkhead can find a way to sneak into the draft, then that will be 4 players which should be OK

Isn't he our top prospect?

Yeah but they probably think he doesn't have much of ceiling and won't get much better. His injury also lowered his draft stock.