What country do your favorite musicians come from?

The Brits make the best rock music.

Hands down.

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Who

Black Sabbath

Queen

Iron Maiden

The Clash

Cream

Elton John

David Bowie

I could go on, but seriously, does anything compare to the rock music that the boys from across the pond put out in the 60s-70s?

• Fire 2

Hands down.

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Who

Black Sabbath

Queen

Iron Maiden

The Clash

Cream

Elton John

David Bowie

I could go on, but seriously, does anything compare to the rock music that the boys from across the pond put out in the 60s-70s?

The blues based brit bands really wish they could have been poor southern boys, like Skynard and the Allmans...

Not to mention you're forgetting four important British bands, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Cream, and the Yardbirds...

Thats a nice list, but doesn't compare to what we have here at home (in no particular order)

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

• Fire 2

Hands down.

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Who

Black Sabbath

Queen

Iron Maiden

The Clash

Cream

Elton John

David Bowie

The blues based brit bands really wish they could have been poor southern boys, like Skynard and the Allmans...

Not to mention you're forgetting four important British bands, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Cream, and the Yardbirds...

Thats a nice list, but doesn't compare to what we have here at home (in no particular order)

Muddy Waters

John Lee Hooker

Chuck Berry

The Eagles

CCR

Van Halen

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Metallica

The Ramones

ZZ Top

Allman Brothers

Lynard Skynard

merica-shirt-meme-funny_1.jpg

Most of my favorite band come from GB. That is not to say that I don't like any bands from America. It just happens to work out that way. I really like blues based rock and roll, and a lot of the British bands went more in that direction.

Most of my favorite band come from GB. That is not to say that I don't like any bands from America. It just happens to work out that way. I really like blues based rock and roll, and a lot of the British bands went more in that direction.

I disagree. One of my favorite American Bluegrass bands is "Old and in the Way". You have to dig for American bluegrass based rock but it's there and it's some pretty good stuff. FWIW Jerry Garcia was in the above mentioned band.

I disagree. One of my favorite American Bluegrass bands is "Old and in the Way". You have to dig for American bluegrass based rock but it's there and it's some pretty good stuff. FWIW Jerry Garcia was in the above mentioned band.

I guess I am not following your argument. Many of the great British rock bands are very blues oriented, Led Zep, Stones, Cream, Black Sabbeth, The Who. Even the later wave of British Heavy Metal has that undertone, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Moterhead. I like a lot of American Bands also. Almond Brothers and SRV are great. I also like VH and ZZ Top a lot. Three of those 4 are blues based.

The US and England definitely have the most and biggest influence but Australia and Canada deserve honorable mention if for no other reason than AC/DC and Rush, never mind some of the other artists from those countries. Take those 4 countries out of the equation and you've got absolutely nothing.