Projected Starting Line Up

Thad Randle is as healthy as he's ever been, VV and GM are fine injury-wise.

VV fine injury wise...that's not the part of his health we're worried about. D-Line is probably our biggest question mark going into the year. Even without the poor performances last year, this is a pretty thin, inexperienced and young group.

• Fire 1

I am very concerned about the DL. Almost all of them missed the spring game because of injury.

But all did play in the real scrimmage a week prior. Spring game was a joke this year as far as trying to get a bead on what to expect. We seriously knew more about the 2012 team after the 2012 spring game.

I wouldn't say I've written him off, I'm positive he'll contribute. But when Bo says Mitchell and Seisay have separated themselves from the pack, I tend to believe him. I'm thinking they really made an impression on him for him to divulge that kind of info, since usually he just dances around that kind of question. So if I had to bet, my money would be on those two guys taking the first team snaps at the beginning of the season. Obviously a lot can happen between now and then, though.

...separated themselves from a pack that didn't include Green because of the injury. Regardless, this is a great position to be in because I always thought Green was a solid CB. Not at Dennard/Prince level but still one of the top in the league. Evans as well. Throw in 2 others that are that their level and we'll be pretty dominant yet again.

Yep. Fair or not, football players can fall behind in position battles because of injury. Green has been solid, but so good he couldn't be unseated? I don't know about that. We like him because we don't hear his name a lot . . . because he doesn't give up a ton of big plays. Which is fine. But we also don't hear his name a lot because he doesn't make many big plays. If Seisay is a playmaker, I could easily see him taking over the starting job.

But you're right, either way we're in good shape.

I think the thing with Seisy and Mitchell is not as much of a total talent and skill standpoint, but also that it's a very strong combination on top of it. You have a very small and incredibly quick and athletic guy to play the field side, and an absolute physical stud over 6 feet tall to play the boundary. Obviously doing something right plays into it, but it's a combination that is just probably glaringly obvious to the coaches that right now, it's the #1 choice.

I am very concerned about the DL. Almost all of them missed the spring game because of injury.

But all did play in the real scrimmage a week prior. Spring game was a joke this year as far as trying to get a bead on what to expect. We seriously knew more about the 2012 team after the 2012 spring game.

We talked about VV during that scrimmage as well. What is impressive is that Guard is one of the best spots on our offense. Dominating our interior OL is no small order. Nobody did it last year in the conference and that includes Jonathan Hankins from tOSU.

Two questions:

1) Excuse the ignorance... who in the world is Alex Lewis???

2) I don't see Johnathon Rose starting on many people's line-ups... any reasons why?

I've been wondering the same thing. Played 9 games I think as a true freshman for Auburn, was also a top 100 recruit. I know it can be tough to understand Bo's system but this is his second year here.

Two questions:

1) Excuse the ignorance... who in the world is Alex Lewis???

2) I don't see Johnathon Rose starting on many people's line-ups... any reasons why?

Possible transfer from Colorado.

Yeah, what's the deal with that Important Transfer Headed Our Way? Does he walk-on now? Is he done with college football? Is he wearing an orange jumpsuit?

I really hope Charles Jackson is the starting free safety by midseason. Everyone is projecting Harvey Jackson, & it is concerning to me because H Jackson couldn't beat out P.J. Smith for the job last year, who IMO was worse than Cassidy

You could say pretty much the same thing about almost all our linebackers and defensive linemen who are projected to start this year.