I miss the Big XII.

Well you're stuck with us now :P. Don't worry. Give it some more time and it will be better than the Big 12 ever was. You guys just need to build a history with some teams in the B1G. I mean, you're already doing that with Wisconsin (those games between UW and NU have been intense) and hopefully with us. Too bad we are switching divisions, but hopefully that means we'll just meet in the CCG every year from now on!

Intense? We've got curbstomped twice with one narrow victory. My gut feeling is the best (most intense) game in the B1G will continue to be between you guys and Ohio State. It's possible we regain the rivalry status we once had with CU with Iowa, but I highly doubt the implications from that game will ever be as big as the Michigan vs. Ohio State game. I'm probably one of the few who is excited by the addition of Urban Meyer into the conference. He's probably the biggest reason we'll witness a paradigm change within the conference that will put the conference on similar footing as the SEC. He was the catalyst that started the SEC dominance. I'm hoping the B1G will witness something similar in the years to come.

I'm not liking the "country club" feel of the B1G.

Yeah, the "tractor pull" feel of the Big XII was superior.

I always thought the Big 12 felt like a nightclub, while the Big10 felt more like "Green Acres".

What in the hell kind of "nightclubs" are you going to?

I always thought the Big 12 felt like a nightclub, while the Big10 felt more like "Green Acres".

Snipe hunting

I agree. I miss talking football at the bar in KC. While there's an occasional Nebraska/Iowa fan, for the most part this is B12 country. I'm sure it's not a big deal to people in Nebraska...but whether it was at work, the bar, the golf course, etc...football was always the conversation. Now I don't have a horse in the race, so it kind of sucks. Takes away a big part of my enjoyment as a fan.

• Fire 1

The politics aside, I miss the easy road trips. I miss the gameday atmospheres at K-State and at Mizzou. I miss the Thursday night games. I miss NIGHT games period. I miss our rivalries. I'm not liking the "country club" feel of the B1G.

I'm not sure about the country club thing but I agree with everything else that you said. I would probably be a lot less annoyed with the B1G if I didn't think our schedule for the next 2 years was crap.

Also agree with kchusker_chris 100%

The politics aside, I miss the easy road trips. I miss the gameday atmospheres at K-State and at Mizzou. I miss the Thursday night games. I miss NIGHT games period. I miss our rivalries. I'm not liking the "country club" feel of the B1G.

I'm not sure about the country club thing but I agree with everything else that you said. I would probably be a lot less annoyed with the B1G if I didn't think our schedule for the next 2 years was crap.

Also agree with kchusker_chris 100%

More like the next four years

• Fire 1

Hoedowns, obviously.

I don't miss the Big 12 as a whole, but I certainly do miss our old Big 8 brethren...especially Oklahoma! Not only was that game just pure classic college football at it's best, it was also a rivalry game of respect.

Maybe if the dominoes fall correctly in 10 years or so once the grant of rights deals with the current Big 12 run their coarse...maybe...just maybe the Big 10 could go after some of those old Big 8 teams in future expansion. Out of all those old Big 8 teams that could be a target for the Big 10 I definitely think Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma are in play. The sticking point is what do you do with those "in-state rival schools" such as Kansas State and Oklahoma State?

Let me contribute to this. As a Coloradan, I really don't miss the Big 12 very much. I loved our series with Oklahoma and I liked playing Missouri every year, but other than that, what's to miss? I guess the Big 12 Championship location was pretty cool in Dallas, but it also showed that the conference was biased towards the South. I hated how everyone said we were in the weaker part of the Big 12 - to be honest I'm a little nervous that the new Big Ten West will also have this problem. But Colorado is terrible now, KSU was never a super exciting game for me and College Station's atmosphere is gone. I guess the closer connections to Texas for recruiting was nice, but I have loved playing Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State and even Wisconsin (for one game at least).

Hopefully we can keep playing the other four on a more consistent basis with this new alignment there are some great potential rivalries there. I thought the Penn State series was getting pretty good, as well as Michigan and Michigan State. Sucks we don't get to play these teams every year now.

Sorry, I have no desire to be involved in all the drama that was the Big XII ever again. I am perfectly happy with the BigTen. Now, if you want to talk about life before the Texas schools got involved, I'm fine with that. But, it's all in the past and I think we are in a pretty exciting and stable conference.

The Big 8 was pretty stable, but f*ckers got greedy...

I don't miss the Big 12 as a whole, but I certainly do miss our old Big 8 brethren...especially Oklahoma! Not only was that game just pure classic college football at it's best, it was also a rivalry game of respect.

Maybe if the dominoes fall correctly in 10 years or so once the grant of rights deals with the current Big 12 run their coarse...maybe...just maybe the Big 10 could go after some of those old Big 8 teams in future expansion. Out of all those old Big 8 teams that could be a target for the Big 10 I definitely think Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma are in play. The sticking point is what do you do with those "in-state rival schools" such as Kansas State and Oklahoma State?

I'd take Oke St. if it meant we would play OU every year.