Recruiting plan

You can tell when guys look at a list of names with stars, who have obviously not taken the time to watch a highlight tape or two.

Mosleys going to be an engineer, obviously he's smart. So you can conclude that they worked him out saw him run a legit low 4.3 40 then went over film and asked him about defensive schemes. Being the smart kid he is you can assume he knew his concepts when TJ sat him down in the film room. With that info at hand you can make a reasonable assumption the kid wowed Bo enough or showed the ability to pick up a concept quickly to get an offer on the spot, despite being a tad undersized. Bo's got two CB starting in the NFL in his short coaching career. I will trust his judgement.

No way in the world the kid walked in your average football player and said " ya man I just make sure the guy I'm covering doesn't catch the ball, then tackle him if he does" More likely he showed good zone scheme understanding for a HS kid , doubt TJ would put himself thru the agony offering a kid that had two star potential to try and coach up.

• Fire 2

I feel like Mosley will be a winner and a great CB but other than him, I do wish we were in on more CB's this class with how we're going to empty our cupboard of them soon. That's my biggest gripe and the miss on Priest Willis last year was a tough one so not even being in on any bigger named guys with our history of DB's is a bit bothersome. If you don't agree that's fine, JMO.

I feel like Mosley will be a winner and a great CB but other than him, I do wish we were in on more CB's this class with how we're going to empty our cupboard of them soon. That's my biggest gripe and the miss on Priest Willis last year was a tough one so not even being in on any bigger named guys with our history of DB's is a bit bothersome. If you don't agree that's fine, JMO.

CB is a PON. Mosley was a surprise out of camp and happy to pick him up. The only two CB that I think we have a shot at are Naijiel Hale and Henre Toliver. I would love to have both (and along with Mosley that would just about fill out our CB need for the class). Also, we are good with Dominique Fenstermacher, and he could be slotted at CB. But with TJ and Bo's ability to evaluate and coach up secondary talent, we should feel comfortable that as recruiting pushes into the late fall, the coaches will also be able to uncover some under-the-radar senior standouts.

the nations top teams have a lot of 4 star guys, and a few 5...i believe you cannot win without that on your resume...you will not do it with nr and 3 star guys...my thoughts,,,though kansas state does well.....they have a great coach there too...

the nations top teams have a lot of 4 star guys, and a few 5...i believe you cannot win without that on your resume...you will not do it with nr and 3 star guys...my thoughts,,,though kansas state does well.....they have a great coach there too...

My thoughts are that you haven't watched any film or read Sam Mckeweon's (spelling?) article.

• Fire 2

You're right. Tennessee and Kentucky are leading the recruiting this year. They win a lot of games.

This is why stars aren't the end-all-be-all. I will guarantee you they still won't be any good 3 or 4 years down the road.

you just want the best kids to come here... if they are in the mind of the coaches a couple of 2 or 3 star guys or a 4 or even (gasp!!) 5 star kid... the coaches offer about 200 scholarships this year i believe.... so have they evaluated 200 kids?? I guess so to some degree.... the main thing i think is that unlike other staffs i dont think this staff really sees "stars" unlike other staffs which become adored by them......

To say that we only go after "character" guys and guys that are "good fits" is not even close to the truth. Look at the offers of the Rivals Top-50. You'll see Nebraska's name in the hat of a lot of those guys. To say that we're just better at finding "good fits" and "diamonds in the rough" than the top program who consistently bring in the top talent is a BIT of an exaggeration.

I don't doubt that we put out some offers without vetting the kids for character. The question is whether we continue to pursue some of those guys once we get to know them and get a chance to judge their character.

Judging by how few incidents we've had under pelini and the solid citizens we've seen, I'm inclined to take the coaches' word for it that they emphasize character in recruiting.

You can tell when guys look at a list of names with stars, who have obviously not taken the time to watch a highlight tape or two.

Mosleys going to be an engineer, obviously he's smart. So you can conclude that they worked him out saw him run a legit low 4.3 40 then went over film and asked him about defensive schemes. Being the smart kid he is you can assume he knew his concepts when TJ sat him down in the film room. With that info at hand you can make a reasonable assumption the kid wowed Bo enough or showed the ability to pick up a concept quickly to get an offer on the spot, despite being a tad undersized. Bo's got two CB starting in the NFL in his short coaching career. I will trust his judgement.

No way in the world the kid walked in your average football player and said " ya man I just make sure the guy I'm covering doesn't catch the ball, then tackle him if he does" More likely he showed good zone scheme understanding for a HS kid , doubt TJ would put himself thru the agony offering a kid that had two star potential to try and coach up.

Maybe not so obvious...http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daC1T?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nebraska-cornhuskers-football

“Checked out everything, campus life was great can’t wait to come on back, but NOW ‘I am Officially An Cornhusker’!!!!” read the tweet.
Hmmm....

Maybe not so obvious...http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daC1T?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nebraska-cornhuskers-football

“Checked out everything, campus life was great can’t wait to come on back, but NOW ‘I am Officially An Cornhusker’!!!!” read the tweet.
Hmmm....

You want to dig up improper grammar on a 17 year old's Twitter... congratulations?

• Fire 1

Hmmm....

He wants to be an engineer, not an English teacher.

I've kind of seen Oregon's recruiting to be about the same as Nebraska's over the past few years. If you're looking specifically at stars. Oregon has had I a couple 5 star recruits according to Rivals, but that's it. It's all about evaluating talent. And I think Nebraska rolls with the best of them.

I agree with this, many of the players nebraska has recruited who had many small school offers ended up getting larger school interest after a nebraska offer. An example is Jason Hall. and I have a feeling Trai Mosley who is a two star will end up getting some good offers.