Who's not coming? - Players fight?

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently?

Quentin Castille would probably say yes.

As would Major Culbert and Chris Williams who also got kicked off the team for drugs. Bo has a zero tolerance for drugs. Kids who drink a little too much and punch someone every once in a while he can deal with through punishment. But he has a zero tolerance for drugs or sexual abuse. Which is why Avery Moss may not be with the team this fall if he is convicted and has to serve any jail time.

Weed was the least of Major's issues. Williams yes. Avery wont see a cell

It really doesn't matter what any of our personal feelings on drugs and underage drinking are, because Bo Pelini makes the rules for this team. I'm pretty sure all of the guys on the team have to sign some sort of contract that says they know and understand all of those rules before they can become part of the team. If they break them, that's their fault. They were aware of the consequences and if they get kicked off the team for breaking simple rules that their freaking head coach set out for them, good riddance to them.

I agree with this but those are some pretty big "ifs" and "pretty sures". IF they signed a team contract and subsequently didn't live up to their end of the bargain then, as we used to say in the frat "your bags can be found out on 16th street".

I am struggling with a potential zero tolerance policy for underage drinking or marijuana use though. These players are also college students, aren't they? I understand that if they know the rules then shame on them but, if those are the rules, seems a bit stringent to me. IMO, those should be at least 1 or 2 warning offenses before serious repercussions.

Who cares if you're a college student? The law is the law and team rules are team rules. In the military, if you get caught smoking weed, you're going to go to jail, lose rank, lose privileges, and lose money. Getting kicked off a team after repeatedly breaking the rules seems like a pretty light punishment, if you ask me.

Three things here

1. ADS's link is a rag on par with Bleacher Report

2. What's the first rule of Fight Club????

3. This obviously is a sign that NU IS BACK!!!!!!!

Number 3 its for all who are still living in the 90's. Here's looking at you Jason Peter

Don't judge me

• Fire 1

It really doesn't matter what any of our personal feelings on drugs and underage drinking are, because Bo Pelini makes the rules for this team. I'm pretty sure all of the guys on the team have to sign some sort of contract that says they know and understand all of those rules before they can become part of the team. If they break them, that's their fault. They were aware of the consequences and if they get kicked off the team for breaking simple rules that their freaking head coach set out for them, good riddance to them.

I agree with this but those are some pretty big "ifs" and "pretty sures". IF they signed a team contract and subsequently didn't live up to their end of the bargain then, as we used to say in the frat "your bags can be found out on 16th street".

I am struggling with a potential zero tolerance policy for underage drinking or marijuana use though. These players are also college students, aren't they? I understand that if they know the rules then shame on them but, if those are the rules, seems a bit stringent to me. IMO, those should be at least 1 or 2 warning offenses before serious repercussions.

Who cares if you're a college student? The law is the law and team rules are team rules. In the military, if you get caught smoking weed, you're going to go to jail, lose rank, lose privileges, and lose money. Getting kicked off a team after repeatedly breaking the rules seems like a pretty light punishment, if you ask me.

Comparing the Uniform Code of Military Justice to consequences for civilian kids playing football seems like a pretty extreme comparison, if you ask me

I guarantee you they get grace when they slip up the first time for minor offenses. But even though weed is not really that bad... the NCAA has rules against it and if it hits the public that the team smokes weed and the media gets ahold of that Bo would be in trouble. Thus, the NCAA forces it to be addressed.

Comparing the Uniform Code of Military Justice to consequences for civilian kids playing football seems like a pretty extreme comparison, if you ask me

Is it extreme? Yes, it is. I'm just trying to make a decent comparison. The fact is that if these were just some random kids that got caught smoking pot, they'd get put on trial and face legal consequences. If getting kicked off the football team is the only consequence our boys are facing, I'd say they're getting off easy.

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently? I would hope that our football players were above this behavior and smarter than that but I guess I'm missing the critical element that shouts "yeah, somebody's gone". I realize the players get scrutinized more and are held to a higher standard but, so far, it sounds like a typical Friday night from my college days.

With these powers combined, you get Captain Planet

Web+Comics+100+-+Captain+Planet.gif

• Fire 1

Been reading this board for a couple years. This topic made me get a profile and become a member so I wouldn't be "lurking". Thanks guys lol

Shouldn't you be somewhere poking Taylor Martinez's chest?

I am currently trying to figure out how to add a profile pic Bo's index finger. Technologically handicapped, though.