Who's not coming? - Players fight?

Are our players being held to a higher standard than those in states where these items are no longer considered illegal?

Yes.

I don't know if it is a higher standard but it has to be a different standard. Just because it is legal in Colorado doesn't give them the all clear to do it in Nebraska. Laws are laws.

No matter how dumb. . .

40+63+1=104

I sense member suspensions are imminent. Fire Marshall says we're over capacity in this thread. Whose party is this anyways?

We have all this traffic because the news media outlets are trying to scoop the others, so they are all here to learn the facts and where better to hear all the real facts then here?

72 guest 34 members 1 anonymous user: I don't know what that represents, must be someone from the verizon network? Ugh!

The NCAA has rules against drugs that would apply here, regardless of living in Colorado or Nebraska.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2013/January/NCAA+committee+adjusts+marijuana+testing+threshold

Those would be pretty toothless rules in the absence of any official criminal charges. However, your link was to an article on permissible threshold amounts of marijuana in NCAA blood tests. Hardly an "any and your done" type of rule. Heck 5 nanograms is a higher limit I believe than what Colorado instituted for driving under the influence.

I don't mean to condone the behavior or to beat this to death before the facts are out but I sense that these "rumor leakers" may be desperate for tasty tidbits and may be anticipating harsher consequences than might be deserved. Or, maybe I'm just being hopeful that is the case.

i agree, jj. right now, expulsion from the team seems harsh. what they allegedly did was bad and there should be consequences, but does it really amount to expulsion?

Thank you. That's all I was getting at. *thinks to self; need to be more succinct*

The NCAA has rules against drugs that would apply here, regardless of living in Colorado or Nebraska.

http://www.ncaa.org/...sting+threshold

Those would be pretty toothless rules in the absence of any official criminal charges. However, your link was to an article on permissible threshold amounts of marijuana in NCAA blood tests. Hardly an "any and your done" type of rule. Heck 5 nanograms is a higher limit I believe than what Colorado instituted for driving under the influence.

I don't mean to condone the behavior or to beat this to death before the facts are out but I sense that these "rumor leakers" may be desperate for tasty tidbits and may be anticipating harsher consequences than might be deserved. Or, maybe I'm just being hopeful that is the case.

I'm not commenting on the punishment or anything like that. I'm just pointing out that there are NCAA rules against marijuana use that stand, regardless of state laws. So there's really no higher standard for Nebraska versus Colorado players.

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently?

Quentin Castille would probably say yes.

As would Major Culbert and Chris Williams who also got kicked off the team for drugs. Bo has a zero tolerance for drugs. Kids who drink a little too much and punch someone every once in a while he can deal with through punishment. But he has a zero tolerance for drugs or sexual abuse. Which is why Avery Moss may not be with the team this fall if he is convicted and has to serve any jail time.

Alcohol, marijuana, paraphernalia, and a fight..... Do any, or all of these even combined, necessarily add up to being kicked off the team permanently?

As would Major Culbert and Chris Williams who also got kicked off the team for drugs. Bo has a zero tolerance for drugs. Kids who drink a little too much and punch someone every once in a while he can deal with through punishment. But he has a zero tolerance for drugs or sexual abuse. Which is why Avery Moss may not be with the team this fall if he is convicted and has to serve any jail time.

I've said it before, Avery will not see the inside of a jail cell because he flashed the D.

sexual assault i agree with, that is a major character flaw. but i struggle to discriminate between underage drinking and weed.

• Fire 1