Adam Taylor....our very own

Adam Taylor is a grown a$$ man already. Stories about his commitment to strength and conditioning before he even met Dobson are impressive. I personally "like" him more than Newby, with no expert qualifications for making that preference.

I haven't been this excited for a Freshman in a while. I think he could be great. We are setup great with a great Junior role model in Ameer in front of him to learn from. Oh, and rebuilding the Pipeline doesn't hurt either.

• Fire 1

I don't blame Heard at all for wanting to leave.

I don't either, he had better players in front of him and saw what was coming behind him. He took the easy way out. I don't blame him.

It's hard to tell where you stand on the roster when you're continually being asked to change positions. No need to act as if he's a bad guy or unwilling to work because he did what was best for him. He worked his ass off just to get here, and worked his ass off while he was here. In the end, it just wasn't the place for him.

Or you have a Grad Assistant named Vince Marrow feeding you bull sh#t and then comvincing you to transfer to UK.

I don't blame Heard at all for wanting to leave.

I don't either, he had better players in front of him and saw what was coming behind him. He took the easy way out. I don't blame him.

It's hard to tell where you stand on the roster when you're continually being asked to change positions. No need to act as if he's a bad guy or unwilling to work because he did what was best for him. He worked his ass off just to get here, and worked his ass off while he was here. In the end, it just wasn't the place for him.

Or you have a Grad Assistant named Vince Marrow feeding you bull sh#t and then comvincing you to transfer to UK.

That might explain why he ended up where he did, but it doesn't explain why he wanted to leave in the first place.

But anyway, how 'bout that Adam Taylor?

As far as Taylor and Newby go, its says a lot about the multiplicity of our offense that we were able to convince two elite backs with such different styles to come here.... Beck really has something special going....

I really think this is due to us following in line of Oregon's offense. Newby has been quoted saying that he doesn't mind playing in the slot. So for anyone who watched oregon play last year, Taylor= Barner: Traditionally lines up in backfield with the QB getting a good amount of carries. Then Newby= DeAnthony Thomas: Lines up everywhere....slot, backfield, and motions everywhere...basically just get him the ball in space. I would love to see Newby and Taylor on the field together.

It's hard not to respect what these kids (Taylor and Newby) bring to the table. You can't watch their high school film and not see great things coming from them. If you agree that they have impressive athletic ability, then you are "respecting" them. It speaks nothing to the respect you have for their character--but these guys look like they are high character guys as well--but you can't say, "they aren't going to be anything at Nebraska." That's a flat out wrong statement.

I can't wait to see what AT brings to the college level. He's an impressively strong kid, and he and Newby could be our version of thunder and lightning. Behind an improving pipeline, the future looks bright.

There seems to be a whole lot of animosity being directed towards Braylon Heard in these past couple of pages. First of all, I don't blame Heard for leaving. He wasn't getting his playing time here, for whatever reason, so he decided to do what was best for his career. The goal is to get to the NFL, and you don't achieve that by sitting behind two running backs. It sucks that he went to Kentucky (with all the VM garbage), but that's his choice.

• Fire 1

It's hard not to respect what these kids (Taylor and Newby) bring to the table. You can't watch their high school film and not see great things coming from them. If you agree that they have impressive athletic ability, then you are "respecting" them. It speaks nothing to the respect you have for their character--but these guys look like they are high character guys as well--but you can't say, "they aren't going to be anything at Nebraska." That's a flat out wrong statement.

I can't wait to see what AT brings to the college level. He's an impressively strong kid, and he and Newby could be our version of thunder and lightning. Behind an improving pipeline, the future looks bright.

There seems to be a whole lot of animosity being directed towards Braylon Heard in these past couple of pages. First of all, I don't blame Heard for leaving. He wasn't getting his playing time here, for whatever reason, so he decided to do what was best for his career. The goal is to get to the NFL, and you don't achieve that by sitting behind two running backs. It sucks that he went to Kentucky (with all the VM garbage), but that's his choice.

+1

I don't think anyone says they WON'T do anything, and I'm in the camp that thinks Taylor will be amazing, it's more of a they haven't done anything yet so how can they be in higher regard than players who have played. Cross was thought to be a hidden gem that we snagged last year and was gonna shake things up, but now you see people bagging on him left and right (not myself, I love the guy), so you never know how any guy is gonna turn out and that might be where some of the people are coming from.

+1

I don't think anyone says they WON'T do anything, and I'm in the camp that thinks Taylor will be amazing, it's more of a they haven't done anything yet so how can they be in higher regard than players who have played. Cross was thought to be a hidden gem that we snagged last year and was gonna shake things up, but now you see people bagging on him left and right (not myself, I love the guy), so you never know how any guy is gonna turn out and that might be where some of the people are coming from.

I think that's a pointless argument to be making, from both sides. Heard played well, when he was on the field. Cross has played well, when he has been on the field. Abdullah has played well, when he has been on the field. Taylor and Newby played well in high school and they bring a lot of potential to the backfield. Why we are making a distinction between any of them is ridiculous.