****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

Matt Davison ‏@Matt_Davison 9m

@Sean_Callahan I like that they have different skill sets. Newby small and quick, Taylor more powerful. Future bright at that spot.

If past practice is any indication, they will both burn their RS this season and see meaningless minutes while Ameer is run into the ground. On the bright side, it will make it much easier for them to transfer in a year or two. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Matt Davison ‏@Matt_Davison 19m

A.J. Natter is "all business" according to some. Could provide depth at Rush End. He and Gregory make that group much better...now.

Uh-huh. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a "rush end." I fully expect these guys to be forced to put on 30+ lbs and be part of the dancing bear show up front. Until that changes, I'll remain skeptical.

Do you pay any attention to what was said in the offseason?

The defense is going to have different looks because we will have more versatile guys. Randy Gregory "accidentally" said it was part of his recruiting speech he received also, because he wouldn't fit into our current scheme all that well at his current size. Said they will drop him back and use him in stand up, etc. Bo has echoed this RECENTLY by saying we can do a lot more because we have people that are more hybrids. A lot of articles lately have mentioned it actually.

And, we won't touch the RB situation. I fully expect them to get carries - if they warrant it.

It was also very well publicized that Aaron Green didn't redshirt because he refused to. Coaches wanted him to. He said no.

I probably pay attention more than most, so I'll put it to you this way. We have been hearing the same song and dance the past few years, yet the product on the field has been status quo for the most part. We don't have Suh, Gomes, Hagg, and Prince anymore. When the staff actually starts tweaking their system to fit personnel, I might buy what they are selling. But they have to prove it to me.

Look, I actually like Bo, a lot. But I've never been a fan of his defensive scheme and I don't think that he is above reproach when it comes to his program, especially the handling of his roster. When he actually starts putting square pegs into square holes, I'll start buying in more. Until then, he'll have to prove it.

What the heck is a square hole? My guess...you are a V

Gregory is a basketball 6'6, not a football 6'6. Those that coach or follow college basketball will understand that. The kid is a freak and honestly, if he had handles and/or a 15 foot jumper, he would be playing for Indiana right now...on the basketball court. He is that kind of athlete.

If past practice is any indication, they will both burn their RS this season and see meaningless minutes while Ameer is run into the ground. On the bright side, it will make it much easier for them to transfer in a year or two. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.

Past practice? Did we run Marlon Lucky into the ground? Rex didn't redshirt his freshman year were all of his carries meaningless (especially when he carried us against Colorado?) Did we run Roy into the ground when Rex almost had 1,000 yards also? Was Aaron Green forced to burn his redshirt or did he demand to play? When Rex was healthy last season did we run him ragged and forget about Ameer?

I guess you'll have to bring me up to speed on what past experience you're referring to...

In 2011, Rex got 284 (I think) carries while we had 3 talented FR backs who could have taken some of the carries from him. He was visibly wore out at the end of the year, or did you forget?

Same with last year, the only reason Rex wasn’t ran into the ground again was because he was hurt. But while he was hurt, they ran Ameer into the ground even though they had Heard who could have taken some of that load. Much like Rex the year before, he was noticeably wore out at the end of the year. Even Ameer said something to the effect of “Braylon at 100% is better than Ameer at 80%.”

• Fire 4

Uh-huh. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a "rush end." I fully expect these guys to be forced to put on 30+ lbs and be part of the dancing bear show up front. Until that changes, I'll remain skeptical.

You're not skeptical; you're a cynic. You also apparently have really poor memory retention; Eric Martin only played last season man.

I know rush ends and Eric Martin was not a rush end, he was a situational pass rusher.

Rush End = Wistrom, Alberts, Tomich, Dwayne Harris, Donte Jones, Rucker, the Kelseys, etc.

When was the last time we RS'ed a RB on a scholarship? To be fair, we have't RS'ed a single RB, and it would be nonsense to do so now. All of them will get some reps. Newby or Taylor may get 20-40 reps throughout the season, but its experience. I can see Ameer going out with an injury and people whining that non of our backups have experience besides Cross. Can't win for losing I guess.

We will most likely always have QUALITY depth at RB here. Hell, we have had A Green and Heard leave in the past two years, and we are still stacked. "Burning RS's" should be done in this position.

We will have to agree to disagree. If you are going to burn a kids RS, you had damn well better play them. 20-40 touches a year while your #1 is getting 80-90% of the touches is not good roster management. There is a reason why 2 of our 3 highly recruited RBs from a couple of years ago left. And I don’t blame them.

What the heck is a square hole? My guess...you are a V

I guess you’ve never seen anything but a perfect circle for a hole? You need to get out more.

Oh, and nice attempt at a personal attack.

@HuskerExtraSip: One practice observer remarked that it looks like Nebraska stole the 6-6, 230-pound Gregory from Georgia's roster, if you know what I mean.

@HuskerExtraSip: If this were the SEC, I might even say, regarding Randy Gregory, it looks like Nebraska got its money's worth. Bada-bing. #Huskers

@HuskerExtraSip: Let's put it this way: Randy Gregory easily moves into top five among #Huskers most-impressive-looking players. For whatever it's worth.

@HuskerExtraSip: Just back from early part of #Huskers practice. Juco-transfer DE Randy Gregory passes eye test in flying colors. Looks ready. We'll see.

Can you say man crush?

Pics or it didn't happen Sip!

As long as the same can be said about his play on the field, crush on!