****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

In 2011, Rex got 284 (I think) carries while we had 3 talented FR backs who could have taken some of the carries from him. He was visibly wore out at the end of the year, or did you forget?

Same with last year, the only reason Rex wasn’t ran into the ground again was because he was hurt. But while he was hurt, they ran Ameer into the ground even though they had Heard who could have taken some of that load. Much like Rex the year before, he was noticeably wore out at the end of the year. Even Ameer said something to the effect of “Braylon at 100% is better than Ameer at 80%.”

I will give you 2011. Which is one instance (even though the other backs got about 8 carries per game - not a ton, but definitely much more than none).

However, Braylon wasn't 100% last year. He also had over 50 carries on the season, and Taylor had more as well (throw in 55 carries for Imani as well).

So one season we ran a runningback noticeably harder than we should have. Five we didn't.

When was the last time we RS'ed a RB on a scholarship? To be fair, we have't RS'ed a single RB, and it would be nonsense to do so now. All of them will get some reps. Newby or Taylor may get 20-40 reps throughout the season, but its experience. I can see Ameer going out with an injury and people whining that non of our backups have experience besides Cross. Can't win for losing I guess.

We will most likely always have QUALITY depth at RB here. Hell, we have had A Green and Heard leave in the past two years, and we are still stacked. "Burning RS's" should be done in this position.

We will have to agree to disagree. If you are going to burn a kids RS, you had damn well better play them. 20-40 touches a year while your #1 is getting 80-90% of the touches is not good roster management. There is a reason why 2 of our 3 highly recruited RBs from a couple of years ago left. And I don’t blame them.

What the heck is a square hole? My guess...you are a V

I guess you’ve never seen anything but a perfect circle for a hole? You need to get out more.

Oh, and nice attempt at a personal attack.

Why are you attacking me and my going outness?

I did not attack you!

@HuskerExtraBC: Dimarya Mixon and Marcus Newby still working on eligibility issues. "I don't know what the time frame is on that," Pelini said.

@HuskerExtraSip: Tommy Armstrong not practicing full-go, Bo Pelini says. Had some recent "clean-up work" on his knee. Sounds routine. #Huskers

@swmckewonOWH: TE Jake Long out two weeks. QB T. Armstrong slowed by knee cleanup. M. Collins excused to handle "personal situation" and he'll return Wed.

@HuskerExtraSip: Pelini really, really likes redshirt freshman punter Sam Foltz. "I think he has a chance to be a big-time punter," Bo says. Great hang time.

@HuskerExtraBC: Bo said Johnny Stanton's knee is fine. "He's done a nice job over the first couple days but obviously he has a long, long way to go."

@swmckewonOWH: Bo Pelini: "You guys are the ones concerned about the defense. Not me. We'll be just fine." #huskers

@HuskerExtraBC: "They're going to be playing good football when they kick it off," Bo said of his D. "I have every confidence..." #Huskers

@Sean_Callahan: Bo Pelini: "I think we have a group of guys on this football team that are hungry and I think they are out to look to prove something."

@HuskerExtraSip: Bo Pelini clearly likes his true freshmen defenders. "I think we have some guys who are maybe a little more game-ready than in the past."

In 2011, Rex got 284 (I think) carries while we had 3 talented FR backs who could have taken some of the carries from him. He was visibly wore out at the end of the year, or did you forget?

Same with last year, the only reason Rex wasn’t ran into the ground again was because he was hurt. But while he was hurt, they ran Ameer into the ground even though they had Heard who could have taken some of that load. Much like Rex the year before, he was noticeably wore out at the end of the year. Even Ameer said something to the effect of “Braylon at 100% is better than Ameer at 80%.”

I will give you 2011. Which is one instance (even though the other backs got about 8 carries per game - not a ton, but definitely much more than none).

However, Braylon wasn't 100% last year. He also had over 50 carries on the season, and Taylor had more as well (throw in 55 carries for Imani as well).

So one season we ran a runningback noticeably harder than we should have. Five we didn't.

Gotta agree with 74Hunter on this one. Ameer was overworked last year, and wasn't nearly 100% down the stretch. When he was fresh against Georgia, the difference in his play was shocking, at least to me.

The run at 3:18 in this video - that's Abdullah at 100%. Looks like a small Lawrence Phillips. We need that guy in November/December, and we didn't have that last year. Especially with how loaded the offense is this year and how easy the schedule is, there's no reason for Abdullah to be worn down by the Northwestern game.

• Fire 1

I cringe everytime I hear Bo makes a comment about the D. We see it year and year again, about how it's the best D he's had, the most athletic players, the most experienced players, the best leaders yada yada yada. If I were him I'd say the defense looks like sh#t. Then they are motivated to get up and work hard every single down and then when they perform average, husker nation can be pleased because we came into the season thinking they would be terrible like Bo stated. When he says its a great defense and nothing to worry about, and then they sh#t the bed, well then there's a problem, and we get upset. I think the potential on defense is great this year, but I don't want to be told the same thing year after year and be disappointed. 09 was the only year Bo should have been confident to say he had one of his best defenses.

Gotta agree with 74Hunter on this one. Ameer was overworked last year, and wasn't nearly 100% down the stretch. When he was fresh against Georgia, the difference in his play was shocking, at least to me.

The run at 3:18 in this video - that's Abdullah at 100%. Looks like a small Lawrence Phillips. We need that guy in November/December, and we didn't have that last year. Especially with how loaded the offense is this year and how easy the schedule is, there's no reason for Abdullah to be worn down by the Northwestern game.

Thanks, Herc and I agree with you.

Landlord, even if Heard had 60 carries last year, that's not even 5 per game. You can't ride RBs the size of Ameer and Heard, heck even at Rex's size riding him proved to be detrimental. And, I thought that Braylon was in good health last year, while he was nursing an injury in 2011.

If I recall correctly, the years prior to 2011, there was a pretty good split in RB carries. Some of that was due to the quality of backs we had, some of it was due to injury if I remember correctly. Heck, I forgot that Lucky was even on that 2008 squad. At least Pelini's staff could figure out that Helu was the much, much, much better back and gave him touches over Marlon.

• Fire 1