****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

We will have to agree to disagree. If you are going to burn a kids RS, you had damn well better play them. 20-40 touches a year while your #1 is getting 80-90% of the touches is not good roster management. There is a reason why 2 of our 3 highly recruited RBs from a couple of years ago left. And I don’t blame them.

Your right, we will just have to agree to disagree. I see no point at all, to ever RS a RB, unless you can't land them. We can, and that is why we won't waste an extra year of scholarship for no reason, unless it was due to a Medical Hardship. Ok, we will go back to last year, because it was a year where we had Abdullah, Rex, Cross and Heard. Lets see if any of these guys got 80-90% of the carries.

Nebraska Rush Attempts by RB/FB: 458

Abdullah: 226 @ 49%

Burkhead: 98 @ 21%

Cross: 55 @ 12%

Heard: 52 @ 11%

You bring up 2011 and how Burkhead was our workhorse. Sure your correct on that, but what do you expect when your trying to win games and your QB is injured. You go with what works, and that was Rex. He wanted the carries for goodness sakes. Why don't I see people like you saying that T-Mart wasn't a workhorse? He had 189 carries INJURED. Just 100 less than Rex. Average that throughout the season, and that is about 7 less carries a game. We got our freshman and younger guys out there to get their feet wet. That is what you do as freshman/sophomores and when they become more adapt to the game, you play them more. Besides that, Rex only averaged 21 carries a game. That is not many if you ask me. Some games more than others, but its not like he was carrying the ball like this in 3-4 consecutive games. Want to talk about a workhorse, check out what MSU did to Le'veon Bell.

Your statement about Green and Heard leaving. I don't blame them for leaving either when you don't want to be 3rd or further in the depth chart. There were more talented kids in front of them. Green left because he only had 25 carries as a freshman. He would have ended up being 4th or 5th last year. Heard on the other hand, he tried other positions, but once again, more talented players who obviously deserved to be on the field more than him. He, like Green's situation, knew he would be falling in the depth chart. Us as fans knew it as well when the coaches were trying to mix him at WR to get him on the field more. It wasn't a permanent move, but it was a move that was going to get him playing time. Marrow took that to his advantage, and took him to UK with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on subject... Gregory is going to be a BEAST. The players I am most excited to see on defense (front 7), are Gregory, McMullen, Curry, Z Anderson, Afalava, Love and I am excited to see Gerry as well. Its going to be exciting to say the least. I want to see Valentine too, but in the last few months, my interest has fallen. I hope he proves what I have heard wrong, and comes out a monster like I have heard about him before his injury.

Vincent Valentine Jr@TheRealVRVJ 1h

Persistence is key. Grind now, shine later. Every day is just another opportunity to get better. Keep pushing.

Hopefully this means he is getting it. I like hearing this though, just hope we see it on Saturdays.

One of the insiders over on RSS got some texts from an ex-player that was at practice. Said VV was showing a better attitude. Hopefully he's turning a corner.

Also said:

T Newb is FAST

TM's motion looking smoother, ball coming off his hand with a little more pop

Jake Cotton showing plenty of aggression, even without pads

Curry is a blackshirt prototype(whether that means attitude, build, and/or talent I don't know)

Bo's demeanor is becoming more like McBride's, still intense but a little more playful(I'd say that shows some in doing the Harlem Shake video)

• Fire 1

We will have to agree to disagree. If you are going to burn a kids RS, you had damn well better play them. 20-40 touches a year while your #1 is getting 80-90% of the touches is not good roster management. There is a reason why 2 of our 3 highly recruited RBs from a couple of years ago left. And I don’t blame them.

Your right, we will just have to agree to disagree. I see no point at all, to ever RS a RB, unless you can't land them. We can, and that is why we won't waste an extra year of scholarship for no reason, unless it was due to a Medical Hardship. Ok, we will go back to last year, because it was a year where we had Abdullah, Rex, Cross and Heard. Lets see if any of these guys got 80-90% of the carries.

You bring up 2011 and how Burkhead was our workhorse. Sure your correct on that, but what do you expect when your trying to win games and your QB is injured. You go with what works, and that was Rex. He wanted the carries for goodness sakes. Why don't I see people like you saying that T-Mart wasn't a workhorse? He had 189 carries INJURED. Just 100 less than Rex. Average that throughout the season, and that is about 7 less carries a game. We got our freshman and younger guys out there to get their feet wet. That is what you do as freshman/sophomores and when they become more adapt to the game, you play them more. Besides that, Rex only averaged 21 carries a game. That is not many if you ask me. Some games more than others, but its not like he was carrying the ball like this in 3-4 consecutive games. Want to talk about a workhorse, check out what MSU did to Le'veon Bell.

A few of the Red-Shirting arguments here are irrelevant by you 74Husker.

1) Green was asked to redshirt and he said no that he wanted to play. I'll bet he feels stupid now as Rex went down and last spring he was really dead even with Ameer. Said that he wanted to go to an offense where he'd be "used in space." Tell me we couldn't get him the football in space.

2) Braylon Heard came to campus in a round about way. He was a full year late. If you redshirt him, he becomes a kid that is a 24 year old 5th year senior. Not unheard of, but very much so unorthodox.

Taylor and Newby are different cases.

Two totally different backs with different skill sets. If they can help, they play.

VV has had a better attitude since J-Mitch put him on blast on twitter and the whole Thomas Brown/Ernest Suttles situation united the team in a way that cannot be put into words. I honestly think that (if) a player decides to talk about it at the end of the season (and we have a good season) that they will mention that as a turning point.

Vincent Valentine Jr@TheRealVRVJ 1h

Persistence is key. Grind now, shine later. Every day is just another opportunity to get better. Keep pushing.

Hopefully this means he is getting it. I like hearing this though, just hope we see it on Saturdays.

One of the insiders over on RSS got some texts from an ex-player that was at practice. Said VV was showing a better attitude. Hopefully he's turning a corner.

Also said:

T Newb is FAST

TM's motion looking smoother, ball coming off his hand with a little more pop

Jake Cotton showing plenty of aggression, even without pads

Curry is a blackshirt prototype(whether that means attitude, build, and/or talent I don't know)

Bo's demeanor is becoming more like McBride's, still intense but a little more playful(I'd say that shows some in doing the Harlem Shake video)

I can see the last one, doubt Bo would've made an idiot out of himself in a Harlem S

This also echoes something I heard a few days ago that Newby was an absolute stud in summer workouts. Quick, shifty, almost untouchable without pads. Don't know how it translates with pads, though. I sent EZ-E a PM about this.

A few of the Red-Shirting arguments here are irrelevant by you 74Husker.

1) Green was asked to redshirt and he said no that he wanted to play. I'll bet he feels stupid now as Rex went down and last spring he was really dead even with Ameer. Said that he wanted to go to an offense where he'd be "used in space." Tell me we couldn't get him the football in space.

2) Braylon Heard came to campus in a round about way. He was a full year late. If you redshirt him, he becomes a kid that is a 24 year old 5th year senior. Not unheard of, but very much so unorthodox.

Taylor and Newby are different cases.

Two totally different backs with different skill sets. If they can help, they play.

I'd say that's code for not accepting staff thought that he should shirt, lift, and be more physical rather than run like he's still in high school. Seems like a good kid, think his hype and things coming so easily in high school just got to his head. AA wasn't the same back in '12, he was killing it when Rex went down, that could've been Green too with patience and AA's great attitude. Hope he's happier close to home and that the past year has matured him some.

VV has had a better attitude since J-Mitch put him on blast on twitter and the whole Thomas Brown/Ernest Suttles situation united the team in a way that cannot be put into words. I honestly think that (if) a player decides to talk about it at the end of the season (and we have a good season) that they will mention that as a turning point.

Goood Gooooood Goooood