****Fall Camp Twitter Thread**** aka the RG44 love fest

What happened to all of the Adam Taylor talk? I thought he was getting more praise over Newby? Now people are saying its Cross and then Newby...did I miss something?

Hype.

Cross is extremely under-appreciated. All 4 will get carries, but based on what I've heard from Ameer, Els, Brown, and Bo, I think the year starts out with Ameer #1, Cross #2. Whether it stays that way the entire year will be up to Newby and Taylor.

Tim Marlowe muffed a punt against Penn St. Late in the 2nd quarter. Led to a Penn St score. He was put back there simply to field the damn thing since everyone else seemed to be having issues. His surehandedness was put to use. And then he couldnt do it either. It was just a mind boggling deal. The punt fielding issue reminded me so much of the '99 fumblitis. Once it got in their heads, it just ran rampant through their heads and no one was safe.

If our offense cuts down on turnovers and penalties this year.... WOAH. They will be top 5 in the country.

I don't see how our Rush defense can't be better against the rush which is really what killed us. Most of our DB's are back and we had a top 10 pass defense last year.

We know we have more athleticism and speed at the LB position... Which will help contain outside runs and closure up the middle. We know we have a beast in Gregory at DE which should help with getting us more pass rush/sacks. We have more depth at DT this year than we did last year (at one point we had 2 healthy DT's... we have 6 now).

We were 90th in Rush Defense allowing almost 5yds per carry.

We sacked the other team's QB 31 times which ranks us at 48th in the country.

Our Opponents converted on 3rd downs 37% of the time which ranked us at 45th in the country.

Our Opponents converted on 4th downs 28% of the time which ranked us at 8th in the country.

We had the 4th best passing defense in the country.

We had the 9th best passing efficiency defense in the country.

We had the 58th best scoring defense in the country.

We had the 35th best total defense in the country.

Our defense wasn't that bad last year... except for the rush defense. Which is what pulled all our total defensive statistics down. We were very good against the pass, and we were very good against 4th down. We were pretty good overall (35th) and we were pretty good at preventing 3rd down conversions. If we can get more sacks and stack up against the run better I think we can be a pretty dadgum good defense this year!

I think we'll see mental mistakes and some big blown plays during the first 3rd of the season... but these guys are going to get better and better each week. By the time we hit conference play, I think we'll be a top 30 defense.

Source:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1042

• Fire 1