The LINOMA Dome

I remember growing up in Omaha, and every few years, someone would say that there should be a dome built halfway between Omaha and Lincoln, so the Huskers could play there. This was brought up in the late 80s/early 90s, which was well before all the improvements (video screens, skyboxes, expansion, etc) was done to Memorial Stadium. Remember, there was that section of the South Stadium that collapsed in the offseason, and a lot of people were unhappy with the state of Memorial Stadium.

Man, I am glad nothing was ever done like that. I love having the Husker games on the campus of UNL.

Hell, get South Stadium renovated next and the place will be pretty damn new all the way around.

What exactly can be done to the South Stadium besides putting skyboxes at the top? I know some people would want a balcony added, but I think that would be a terrible idea. The South Stadium already goes so far up and away from the field, that's the last place that more seats should be added. I would be in favor of a row of skyboxes, but that's about it.

I remember this, and I too am glad that it did not get past the idea stage. Went to school for one semester at SMU (before death penalty) and they played off campus in the Cotton Bowl / old Cowboy stadium. Did not have a good atmosphere (but the beer buses were interesting - legal age was 18 at that time)

I remember this, and I too am glad that it did not get past the idea stage. Went to school for one semester at SMU (before death penalty) and they played off campus in the Cotton Bowl / old Cowboy stadium. Did not have a good atmosphere (but the beer buses were interesting - legal age was 18 at that time)

As a kid, I thought it was cool that SMU played at Texas Stadium. I had no idea how cool it is to play on campus. I am looking forward to seeing Minnesota's TCF Stadium. I am sure they are happy to be out of the Metrodome, and have their own place.

I love Memorial Stadium, but I remember going up to my parents seats in the West Balcony. There were these row of steps that went over the concourse on the floor level. Those steps seemed to go straight up, and I would be so scared walking up those steps. It was such a good feeling to finally get to the ramp of the balcony. Before the skyboxes were built, I would also go up a few rows to the very top and look over the back of the West Stadium. I thought it was so cool to do that. It felt like we were so high up. Now, the new East section is a few stories higher than that!!!

Hell, get South Stadium renovated next and the place will be pretty damn new all the way around.

What exactly can be done to the South Stadium besides putting skyboxes at the top? I know some people would want a balcony added, but I think that would be a terrible idea. The South Stadium already goes so far up and away from the field, that's the last place that more seats should be added. I would be in favor of a row of skyboxes, but that's about it.

I kind of wish the TV camera angle was a bit closer to the action, like the SEC games. You see a little less field and don't feel like you are watching the game from way up in the stadium.

I love Memorial Stadium, but I remember going up to my parents seats in the West Balcony. There were these row of steps that went over the concourse on the floor level. Those steps seemed to go straight up, and I would be so scared walking up those steps. It was such a good feeling to finally get to the ramp of the balcony. Before the skyboxes were built, I would also go up a few rows to the very top and look over the back of the West Stadium. I thought it was so cool to do that. It felt like we were so high up. Now, the new East section is a few stories higher than that!!!

When my dad was coaching there, my older brother and I would run up the east stadium and look over the edge; daring each other to spit or drop our gum. It seemed like a never ending drop down back then. We would then climb over to south stadium and look over that ledge and watch practice from up there. Now we sit all the hell up in the new north stadium to watch games.

Inside of old east stadium there were huge storage rooms of all these old pads from the 60-70s. Arm pads and jerseys and face masks; man I wish I woulda jacked some of that gear, lol.

The huge clock in north stadium and all the pillars that hold up all the stadiums. Wow, so much history.

Never heard of of a dome. Thank god they didn't do that.

I remember growing up in Omaha, and every few years, someone would say that there should be a dome built halfway between Omaha and Lincoln, so the Huskers could play there. This was brought up in the late 80s/early 90s, which was well before all the improvements (video screens, skyboxes, expansion, etc) was done to Memorial Stadium. Remember, there was that section of the South Stadium that collapsed in the offseason, and a lot of people were unhappy with the state of Memorial Stadium

I vaguely remember that (trace of Alzheimer's disease) but if I remember right, this proposed plan was removable roof instead of fixed dome and vicinity of downtown Lincoln.

Tear down, then start from scratch.

• Fire 1

What exactly can be done to the South Stadium besides putting skyboxes at the top?

Tear it down and start over and make it more vertical like it is supposed to be.

This. Imagine rebuilding south stadium so it connects with the east and west finishing out the shoe.

What exactly can be done to the South Stadium besides putting skyboxes at the top?

Tear it down and start over and make it more vertical like it is supposed to be.

This. Imagine rebuilding south stadium so it connects with the east and west finishing out the shoe.

That would look nice, but wouldn't increase revenue any. Wouldn't cost too much to improve the concourse and add another big scoreboard.

I do like the south stadium the way it is, old school just like when I was a kid.