2013 NFL Discussion Thread

Mavric

mikemcarthyaaronrodgers.gif

What's the story here?

McCarthy is a f'ing moron and Aaron called him out on it

I seriously can't stand his playcalling or in-game decisions. They're moronic. He has totally lost it as a coach, but since we have Rodgers we're guaranteed to win 9-10 games every year at the very least and he'll never get fired

My view from afar: you guys should probably stop giving so much flak to MM & TT, who have run a highly successful franchise over the last near decade.

MM has earned the benefit of the doubt and retains it with me, at least for now. Same with Thompson, a man I wanted fired during the Favre departure, but the guy knows what he's doing, if McCarthy needs to go he'll handle it. But hey, I'm a pretty weird Packers fan, I wanted Craig Nall instead of Rodgers.

To Zoogies on the flak thing: We have some really entitled fans, fans that don't remember the 80s -they're why Sherman got fired so quickly... probably rightfully so but it is what it is. They're great fans, I think the best in the NFL and I'm not insulting them but we're just so accustomed to success from recent years. Everybody has their standard and some set them extremely high, like Super Bowl every year high. I just ask for two things at a minimum this year: win the North and win at least 3/4 against Min/Chi.

Thursday Night: Bills @ Brown; neither team had a winning record coming in

Sunday Night: 49ers killed listless Texans; 49ers are at least interesting but neither team had a winning record coming in and it was a yawner

Monday Night: No winning records again.

Not the greatest picks for the primetime games this week.

I had a sneaky suspicion that Peterson barley knew the kid (if at all) and thus it wasn't a big deal to him. Hadn't seen it verified until now.

Kind of shows how everyone likes to make a big story about something when there's really nothing there. The boys death was a tragedy and a story. His connection to Peterson was basically meaningless.