2013 NFL Discussion Thread

Mavric

Vick took alot of hits lastnight. And, by the way, the Steelers are going to BLOW this season.

My advice for the Steelers is to lose a lot and get the #1 pick and take Clowney.

Why? Do they want the #1 pick again the next year? chuckleshuffle

Touche. I do think he will make a very good pro. And in all honesty, I can't think of anyone else the Steelers would take. Maybe a RB

Vick took alot of hits lastnight. And, by the way, the Steelers are going to BLOW this season.

My advice for the Steelers is to lose a lot and get the #1 pick and take Clowney.

Touche. I do think he will make a very good pro. And in all honesty, I can't think of anyone else the Steelers would take. Maybe a RB

No way a RB goes with the #1 overall pick. They would follow the recent trend and take the best lineman - probably an offensive lineman which would help their running game a lot more than a RB would.

Apologies if I missed this anywhere in this thread, but any word on why Rex was on INACTIVE the first week ?

Probably because he barely made the roster. I thought his special teams play might get him in the action but it doesn't seem like they have any plans to use him at RB - barring injury, of course.

Apologies if I missed this anywhere in this thread, but any word on why Rex was on INACTIVE the first week ?

Probably because he barely made the roster. I thought his special teams play might get him in the action but it doesn't seem like they have any plans to use him at RB - barring injury, of course.

I didn't mean inactive as a verb. I thought I heard on the Zone that he was on the inactive roster for the first game.??

No way a RB goes with the #1 overall pick. They would follow the recent trend and take the best lineman - probably an offensive lineman which would help their running game a lot more than a RB would.

I know. I was joking because of the lack of healthy RB's they have. Most likely a OL or DL. But who am I kidding? Jacksonville sucks way worse than Pittsburgh so they won't get the #1 overall anyway.

I didn't mean inactive as a verb. I thought I heard on the Zone that he was on the inactive roster for the first game.??

Right. He is their fourth RB at the moment so that makes him a strong candidate to be one of the seven inactives for the week. I thought perhaps his play on special teams would get him on the active roster but apparently not.

Right. He is their fourth RB at the moment so that makes him a strong candidate to be one of the seven inactives for the week. I thought perhaps his play on special teams would get him on the active roster but apparently not.

Gotcha. Thanks.