Combatting the "We Aren't Relevant" Argument

I think there's also a lot of jealous envy from the National media as well of Nebraska. You could really feel it in the 90's when we were on our big run. I think it stems from the fact that all the additional challenges we face in numerous areas should not allow us to be any good, yet Nebraska's found a way to be very good if not great, to even elite for all-except maybe 4-6 years-of the last 5 decades. Nebraska as a program always has to overcome lack of in-state high school talent, lack of population base, lack of a large recruting draw (that's changed recently with the facilities of course) and so on and so on. The other programs simply do not have those challenges to overcome.

Nebraska is the exception to the rules of college football placed by society.... Well said (me not you) :sarcasm

/ wondering if there are threads on the tOSU or MeeChicken boards making fun of this thread....

Their opinions are irrelevant. Fact.

No, I'm pretty sure that's an opinion.

:)

So youre tellin me that the opinions of folks on the message boards of Michigan and Ohio St about the Relevant thread on huskerboard could quite possibly be relevant? When in fact, all opinions are irrelevant. That's why theyre opinions. Only facts are relevant. And the fact that what they think about our relavance is actually opinion proves that such opinions are in fact irrelevant.

My opinions become relevant facts once they leave my lips, imo

/ wondering if there are threads on the tOSU or MeeChicken boards making fun of this thread....

So youre tellin me that the opinions of folks on the message boards of Michigan and Ohio St about the Relevant thread on huskerboard could quite possibly be relevant? When in fact, all opinions are irrelevant. That's why theyre opinions. Only facts are relevant. And the fact that what they think about our relavance is actually opinion proves that such opinions are in fact irrelevant.

Yes, imo.

After MU was 8-5 last year Id hope they were wiser than that.

and they are still more relevant than us.

In part because they have cool helmets and lots of attention from major media markets.

Remember those major media markets tend think the entire state of Nebraska is corn fields, and all the fans are country bumpkin farmers. And how could we possibly have fans in those markets, after all in ESPN online polls no one ever votes for the Huskers.

I think there's also a lot of jealous envy from the National media as well of Nebraska. You could really feel it in the 90's when we were on our big run. I think it stems from the fact that all the additional challenges we face in numerous areas should not allow us to be any good, yet Nebraska's found a way to be very good if not great, to even elite for all-except maybe 4-6 years-of the last 5 decades. Nebraska as a program always has to overcome lack of in-state high school talent, lack of population base, lack of a large recruting draw (that's changed recently with the facilities of course) and so on and so on. The other programs simply do not have those challenges to overcome.

I wouldn't call it jealousy per say, I would say it is a lack of understanding. It doesn't make any sense to most of the national sports media that Nebraska could be good at football because of the disadvantages you mentioned. I don't think they are jealous, Nebraska just doesn't fit into their view of how college sports takes place.

My opinions become relevant facts once they leave my lips, imo

I just shot Windsor out of my nose onto my phone reading that. This is funny, IMO.

I wouldn't call it jealousy per say, I would say it is a lack of understanding. It doesn't make any sense to most of the national sports media that Nebraska could be good at football because of the disadvantages you mentioned. I don't think they are jealous, Nebraska just doesn't fit into their view of how college sports takes place.

Yes. Very good. Nice catch. I agree. Jealousy was the wrong word. Nebraska is good. Probably shouldnt be because of pre-conceived reasons, and they simply dont understand why. Dun.

no one cares about us quite simply because we are a small market team that has not finished in the top ten. when we do play a game of note, we generally get embarrassed.

we can easily breakthrough, but we need to win a game that matters. if we would have beaten osu last year, that would have helped. obviously a conference championship and/or bcs win helps, but i still think we need to finish in the top ten and demonstrate some momentum.

Nebraska is the exception to the rules of college football placed by society.... Well said (me not you) :sarcasm

Correct

Living elsewhere- especially in Texas:

Aggies and Horns fans HATE the fact that NU has had so much more success than them

Even though they have:

27 million Population Base

Unlimited $$$,

Amazing facilities

Payed players

Overpaid Coaches

Access to one of the if not THE biggest and deepest pool of High School football talent

Great weather

AMAZING highly ranked recruiting classes

They hate they cant even BUY their way into championships. Where NU in last 32 years with all it's limitations has won 5 National Championships, done so withoug cheating and just missed on 5 more. In comparison A&M, Texas, Baylor, SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice and Tech have COMBINED for just 1 in the same time period and rarely if ever even in the hunt. Really embarrassing stuff IMO. THEY REALLY HATE THAT

Dont underestimate jealousy and loathing of success, it's the new Amerikan way

When I lived down there- all I ever heard was- yeah but all your other "colleges" are DII- they should all play DI and then the whining about someone like maybe Im Hipp playing for 1 snap in the 4th qurater of some blowout game, silly stuff. Or the old "everyone cheats" thing blah blah blah

Forget that they have 16X our population LOL The net, they are ashamed they couldnt do the same thing with SO MUCH MORE resource wise.

The number three was stated, KST won the conference, played in the Fiesta Bowl. I think Okie Lite, TCU and KState have played in BCS bowls. Leaving the fourth one out. Read kind sir. Those two accomplishments by those three teams are things this program dreams about every single day. Being on par with them, would make this staff a lot more appealing and a lot less stressful around here. IMHO