***2015 Recruiting***

I wish we would not bash some of the current players. We will see, but I believe it was the scheme more than the player

Just a clarification if you are gearing that comment towards me. I wasn't bashing any of those three guys I listed.

I like Bando a alot and believe he will have a nice year. We need him to.

Bondi is unfortunately buried and has been beaten out three times during his career at Nebraska. I also think he is gone.

Cross was somewhat hosed last year. He should've been getting more goal line carries. He isn't going anywhere.

Cross was somewhat hosed last year. He should've been getting more goal line carries. He isn't going anywhere.

This isn't the right place for this argument, but why should Cross have gotten more goal line carries? Who would you trust more to get 1 or 2 yards? Ameer or Cross?

Who would've you liked to get their knee destroyed on the goaline against Purdue?

Didn't Imani have about 8 GTG TD's Burkhead's Senior year?

With Kaiwan Lewis and Terez Hall going elsewhere, who is left on the board? Paulo and Talan?

I would expect Talan is in with Hall and Lewis being out and him looking at the depth chart.

Bummed on both Lewis and Hall. Lewis was nothing more than a band aid. Hall isnt as big of a blow with Barry signing on.

Paulo would be a giant get, but not sold we get him over Oregon... this one still feels 50/50 to me.

This isn't the right place for this argument, but why should Cross have gotten more goal line carries? Who would you trust more to get 1 or 2 yards? Ameer or Cross?

Who would've you liked to get their knee destroyed on the goaline against Purdue?

LOL at your 1st question. By that logic, why should we have given the ball to Ameer at all? I mean he could have gotten hurt on every single play.

As to your 2nd question, I fully disagreed with it then. If you need 1 or 2 yards, put the ball in the hands of your best player(s). Not your biggest player(s).

LOL at your 1st question. By that logic, why should we have given the ball to Ameer at all? I mean he could have gotten hurt on every single play.

As to your 2nd question, I fully disagreed with it then. If you need 1 or 2 yards, put the ball in the hands of your best player(s). Not your biggest player(s).

Yeah, first comment was a knee-jerk reaction. Although I 100% agree with giving Imani that carry. I believe we were up 21-0 at that point and we were 100% dominating that game. Our first 4 possessions started inside Purdues 20 yard line. I would've been fine giving Imani that GL carry, although the injury was because of a bobbled snap if I remember correctly.

I agree to an extent, but have no problem with strictly goal-line backs unless we are talking about fantasy football.

I may eat crow about this hire, in fact I hope I do.

Just read an article that MR, is doing a great job with recruiting.

I really really hope this is true.

It's hard to say at this point if you ask me. The staff recognized a need for LBs and managed to find a few quality players in a short period of time. They did a good job of holding the class together, as the kids who did decommit were likely to switch anyway.

However, I don't understand the offer to the long snapper. Reed is an undersized LB, particularly for the Big 10 and Sykes is entering a log-jam at safety (a position we didn't need to take a player in). We also haven't recruited the DE position well, at all, last year and so far this year. Neal is a nice instate player, but flipping the two star DE committed to Georgia Southern is kinda 'meh' in my book.

Basically, we elected to take a scholarship long snapper and two safeties (probably the position with the most depth on the team) and now have to 'cut' players currently on the roster.

• Fire 1

It's hard to say at this point if you ask me. The staff recognized a need for LBs and managed to find a few quality players in a short period of time. They did a good job of holding the class together, as the kids who did decommit were likely to switch anyway.

However, I don't understand the offer to the long snapper. Reed is an undersized LB, particularly for the Big 10 and Sykes is entering a log-jam at safety (a position we didn't need to take a player in). We also haven't recruited the DE position well, at all, last year and so far this year. Neal is a nice instate player, but flipping the two star DE committed to Georgia Southern is kinda 'meh' in my book.

Basically, we elected to take a scholarship long snapper and two safeties (probably the position with the most depth on the team) and now have to 'cut' players currently on the roster.

Unless they know something we dont know. Speed is changing in the Big 10... no, it will never be the big 12 or SEC but how many times did we see our slow LB's kill us last year.

Who knows the depth of positions like safety if a few guys up and transfer.

I am assuming they knew they had X amount of spots and were trying to get the best talent they could.. no matter the position.

Looks to me like they tried very hard to get D-ends and just didnt have much luck.

For the record, Reed was picked up to play Nickel....so undersized LB or big safety fits that role well. The 2-star DE picked up an offer from Pitt and they pushed hard for a visit over Nebraska this past weekend. We weren't the only power 5 school coming for him....he's certainly a project DE and the offer is based on potential of which he has plenty.

Regarding the long snapper, Bo offered and got Gabe Miller last year but the kids back made him quit the game. Both coaches saw the need here and both addressed. You can be mad all you want but it's not just Riley.

I don't see how anyone can the staff hasn't done a heck of job with this class with only 2 months to complete it. Bigger questions is how he does with the 2016 group.

Lost me here. Doesn't look like Reed will be a safety. So we have 5 scholly guys with Sykes:

TrFr: Sykes, Williams.....maybe you count Anderson, but sounds more like he'll be at CB/Nickel.

Soph: Kieron Williams

Jr: Gerry, Alexander

I realize I was setting up a bit of a firestorm by suggesting the recruiting isn't quite as good as we'd like to think. I do think the staff tried to pick up a couple of good DEs and the staff just ran out of luck. The issue is the previous staff had the same issues last year, so those recruiting misses are really going to come back to haunt us.

Staff has done well considering the circumstances, I'm not taking away anything from them. But I also don't believe every recruit we land is a good thing, particularly when the numbers suggest we have to cut current players to take them. Sure, we'd like to think the staff knows something we don't about potential transfers, but I don't immediately buy that. We'll see how it plays out.

The 2016 class has the potential to be pretty good, full judgement will be passed on the staff next year. There are several quality players currently committed and several more excellent targets with Nebraska connections we have a chance to land.