SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Personally, I would give him the year off. Risking another hit like that doesn't make much sense to me. He has an offer. We have his commitment. Let him get everything right so that he can have a productive career here.

I could not imagine a competitive guy, like Darlington, would want to forgo his senior year. His dad might support him as a father, but as the HC of a program competing for another state title, I am sure he would also have reservations benching his starting QB for the rest off the year.

Personally, I would give him the year off. Risking another hit like that doesn't make much sense to me. He has an offer. We have his commitment. Let him get everything right so that he can have a productive career here.

I could not imagine a competitive guy, like Darlington, would want to forgo his senior year. His dad might support him as a father, but as the HC of a program competing for another state title, I am sure he would also have reservations benching his starting QB for the rest off the year.

They are always competitive. If they weren't, they wouldn't be in the place they are. I am just saying that as a father, if my son had that severe of a hit to the head that he had to be airlifted out, and he had a scholly in hand from a school that you know won't pull it, I would sit him no questions asked. It's a no-brainer.

Wish the young man well and hope his father/coach sits him for as long as it takes to insure he is 100%.

IMO; He had been injured before so if it was up to me, there can't be any question about his health whatsoever before I would play him in HS ball or even CFB!

I think Darlington just got concussed

Their line is not that great. He got hit pretty good a couple times. We'll see if he comes back out here.

They have one of the best OT in next years class, Martez Ivey, according to recruiting sites. I haven't been all that impressed with him as he has gotten beat a couple times.

Really?

They built a lot of the offense around this Lineman

Watch how they formation him to get a play to him

Plenty of good old fashioned G/T blocking, you cant do that without athletic linemen

Watch the "Power Read" (it's power all the way) he's pulling and crushing the LB

Watch the Power Trap- even on that Spinner play, they lead the tackle under the guards trap block to LB, he makes GREAT contact on the LB every play-BURIES HIM

Watch them split him out at TE and have him down block a DE

They said he was up to 280 as a Junior

GReat Speed

Great quickness

GREAT size

VERY aggressive

On an 8 yard hook pass, he ran downfield and crushed guys on the edge of the pile

Great Motor

Darlington says the kid is the real deal. team player, hard worker- so he is. The guy has coached plenty of DI kids

Offers from Bama, OSU etc

AMAZING talent- we would be so fortunate to have him play here

He did block the wrong player on a pass play- other than that he played really well

I think Darlington just got concussed

Their line is not that great. He got hit pretty good a couple times. We'll see if he comes back out here.

They have one of the best OT in next years class, Martez Ivey, according to recruiting sites. I haven't been all that impressed with him as he has gotten beat a couple times.

Really?

They built a lot of the offense around this Lineman

Watch how they formation him to get a play to him

Plenty of good old fashioned G/T blocking, you cant do that without athletic linemen

Watch the "Power Read" (it's power all the way) he's pulling and crushing the LB

Watch the Power Trap- even on that Spinner play, they lead the tackle under the guards trap block to LB, he makes GREAT contact on the LB every play-BURIES HIM

Watch them split him out at TE and have him down block a DE

They said he was up to 280 as a Junior

GReat Speed

Great quickness

GREAT size

VERY aggressive

On an 8 yard hook pass, he ran downfield and crushed guys on the edge of the pile

Great Motor

Darlington says the kid is the real deal. team player, hard worker- so he is. The guy has coached plenty of DI kids

Offers from Bama, OSU etc

AMAZING talent- we would be so fortunate to have him play here

He did block the wrong player on a pass play- other than that he played really well

Ya, he can have all the potential in the world, and he sure looks like he does, but he and his fellow linemates were horribly inconsistent from what I saw.

ONE lineman cant make an entire team go

Apopka was replacing a Center and two guards this year

If you cant recognize how amazing this kid is- I guess your smarter than Saban and Meyer, they have offered- you need to start applying for DI HCing jobs LOL

Amazing feet

Kid was off the charts great- he will be a top 100 overall- not linemen- overall- all players

The blocking schemes they use- very few kids can make those blocks, let alone consistently like this kid, 280 lb Junior and against 8 A Florida Talent and ESPN top 20 High School teams, big boy football

He will be playing on Sundays

If you cant recognize how amazing this kid is- I guess your smarter than Saban and Meyer- you need to start applying for DI HCing jobs LOL

Kid was off the charts great

Are you still arguing with Stumpy? Because I don't see anyone else that is disagreeing with you.

If you cant recognize how amazing this kid is- I guess your smarter than Saban and Meyer- you need to start applying for DI HCing jobs LOL

Kid was off the charts great

Are you still arguing with Stumpy? Because I don't see anyone else that is disagreeing with you.

Some people here just like arguing with themselves, it seems :) No doubt the kid was/is good. Hope this head injury is something that wont affect him down the road. Seems like a good kid.

I was happy to see Bo saying that "whether or not he is able to play this year again or ever, that we still want Zach to be a Husker". Hope for the best with this kid. He seems to have a lot of talent.

+1 Class all the way

Unlike the SEC where they pull scholarships, after youve committed and have nowhere else to go (oversigned) OR after you were already on the team-didnt meet their expectations or got injured

One would think moms and dads and some more mature HS kids would think that is a good thing, the kind of place they would want to be a part of

Zach had a very serious injury his Soph year, but I dont think it was a concussion

Kid plays hard