Post Game Wyoming Tweets

Nobody

Remember 3 years ago when South Dakota St came in here, gashed our D with a power running game and then we had to go play Kstate down there, and the sky was falling here for a few days? Everyone was worried what that Kstate back was gonna do. Well, what happened. Bo has a proven track record of getting teams prepared very well to respond to these situations. I'm gonna take the less stressful approach and just sit back and have a little patience.

Remember the CCG (653 yards and 70 points)

Remember Georgia (608 yards and 45 points)

This is three games in a row. Bo had a proven track record, but he is in a downward trend. Thankfully we don't face much talent other than UCLA, Northwestern and Michigan.

I like what Q and Bell had to say. Definitely something that leaders should say and it makes me happy that they were overall disappointed in what happened tonight. I don't think it will happen again and hopefully those two can talk to t-mart about getting them the ball as much as possible.

Great post....I think they will take care of things in house.

I wish a defensive player has said something. Beck made a couple questionable calls, but the offense wasn't terrible. I can't imagine being a defensive player at NU and taking the field knowing the scheme will not work.

We all figured the offense was going to have to put up a lot of points, and the defense was going to have to just slow the other team down, just enough. Well that's what they did. That said. We are in trouble. I don't think we can get the recruits, the way we once did. If we could, we would see a better product out there. Bo is a great D coach, but even he can't spin straw into gold. The kids played as hard as any other teams we have had,they just aren't the 4 and 5* players it takes to stay an elite team year after year. I still think we will have a good season, just not the one we were hoping for. GBR!!!

Boise and other teams get lower recruiting rankings then us and win and look good doing so. No BO better start looking to improving his staff or someone will improve the whole staff.

agree, he has no real good coaches on the D...lots of rookies, but he picked them....

Our widest margin was 16 points, right? We relied heavily on the run, most of that probably has to do with Taylor's shoulder, clearly it was not ok. I saw a few times where he looked off balanced throwing the ball with that bad shoulder. I thought with that injury it changed our offensive playcalling and tempo. Tim Beck should not have eased off the gas pedal when the Husker offense was in a groove. I thought most of the time the tempo of the offense wasn't as fast as it could have been.

This is a reoccuring theme with Beck, he ALWAYS backs off the throttle and shouldn't be doing that! Our oppenents never do and there are several examples of this over the years. He's too up and down IMO. He needs to mash it to the floor from this point forward............especially with this defense.

I wonder if the turnover prone nature of his qb influences his decisions or not? If he had a Joe Ganz that could actually light it up with our recieving core would he be as conservative?

We all figured the offense was going to have to put up a lot of points, and the defense was going to have to just slow the other team down, just enough. Well that's what they did. That said. We are in trouble. I don't think we can get the recruits, the way we once did. If we could, we would see a better product out there. Bo is a great D coach, but even he can't spin straw into gold. The kids played as hard as any other teams we have had,they just aren't the 4 and 5* players it takes to stay an elite team year after year. I still think we will have a good season, just not the one we were hoping for. GBR!!!

Boise and other teams get lower recruiting rankings then us and win and look good doing so. No BO better start looking to improving his staff or someone will improve the whole staff.

Yeah, they sure looked good against Washington.

Remember 3 years ago when South Dakota St came in here, gashed our D with a power running game and then we had to go play Kstate down there, and the sky was falling here for a few days? Everyone was worried what that Kstate back was gonna do. Well, what happened. Bo has a proven track record of getting teams prepared very well to respond to these situations. I'm gonna take the less stressful approach and just sit back and have a little patience.

Your tone is patronizing bro. Its as if you're suggesting that it's ok to hang around with a team like Wyoming the way that we did. We aren't elite now and we weren't elite then. No matter how much hype that K State got before that game, they still got trounced by us... and then proceeded to get beat by Baylor, AND okie state, AND Misery, AND Colorado AND Syracuse. Big deal, we beat K state. It's a sh**ty win, let's not try and spray perfume on the pig.

My goodness. You really have no clue of the point I was making.

Let me try again. We were all in panic mode cuz our defense couldnt stop the run of a 1-AA team. Then we got to work over the week and got the job done. Youre nitpickin the competition and bla bla and whatever the hell else your trying to do. All I'm doing is comparing situations and saying that a lot can change and get better in a week.

By the way. What does patronizing even mean?

Bo has a proven track record of getting teams prepared very well to respond to these situations.

No he doesn't. Pretty much the opposite, actually.

We are a terrible first half team. We think we've learned a lesson from the previous loss or close call, then come out the next game looking confused, turnover prone and penalty riddled all over again. That recent string of crazy second half comebacks almost make a fan forget this, but if I had one hyphenated word to describe the problem with Nebraska on both sides of the ball it's ill-prepared.

That being said, I do believe this young defense will get better as the season goes along, and could easily play better against UCLA than they did Wyoming. They pretty much have to.

Just don't know if it will be enough.

Please point out to me where the team has failed to respond to adverse situations under Bo, where they greatly underperformed and the sky appeared to be falling. Wait. Ill do it.

2008-Get the ass whooped by Missouri at home. Things dont look good as we head on the road to face a top 10/5 Texas Tech team. We shoulda won the game. Then later in the season after the butt whoopin to Oklahoma in Norman and sitting at 5-4, the team rattles off 4 straight wins to end the year with a bowl win.

2009-Team responds with 6 wins in the last 7 games after a couple ugly losses.

2010. The team responded nicely to losses against Texas at home(which may be the most dissappointing loss in Bo's tenure to date) and at Texas A&M.

2011. The teams responded by playing pretty well after all their losses.

2012. After UCLA, i remember folks worried about Arkansas St. I remember many people laughing about Bo's proclamation of "winning out" after the Ohio St game. I remember many thinking we should not even bother showing up against Georgia.

In fact, I'm trouble finding an instance where the team didnt respond well to these "sky is falling" situations. Maybe you can fill me in?

Nice! I get as frustrated as everyone else, and may have dropped a expletives on Saturday night...but enjoy the ride boys!! Who knows how this season will go. Are we Alabama? No, but there aren't many FBS teams that can say they are in 'Bama's league right now. I really have no idea how things will go. I can hope for the best, and fear the worst...that is all. GBR!

No he doesn't. Pretty much the opposite, actually.

We are a terrible first half team. We think we've learned a lesson from the previous loss or close call, then come out the next game looking confused, turnover prone and penalty riddled all over again. That recent string of crazy second half comebacks almost make a fan forget this, but if I had one hyphenated word to describe the problem with Nebraska on both sides of the ball it's ill-prepared.

That being said, I do believe this young defense will get better as the season goes along, and could easily play better against UCLA than they did Wyoming. They pretty much have to.

Just don't know if it will be enough.

Please point out to me where the team has failed to respond to adverse situations under Bo, where they greatly underperformed and the sky appeared to be falling. Wait. Ill do it.

2008-Get the ass whooped by Missouri at home. Things dont look good as we head on the road to face a top 10/5 Texas Tech team. We shoulda won the game. Then later in the season after the butt whoopin to Oklahoma in Norman and sitting at 5-4, the team rattles off 4 straight wins to end the year with a bowl win.

2009-Team responds with 6 wins in the last 7 games after a couple ugly losses.

2010. The team responded nicely to losses against Texas at home(which may be the most dissappointing loss in Bo's tenure to date) and at Texas A&M.

2011. The teams responded by playing pretty well after all their losses.

2012. After UCLA, i remember folks worried about Arkansas St. I remember many people laughing about Bo's proclamation of "winning out" after the Ohio St game. I remember many thinking we should not even bother showing up against Georgia.

In fact, I'm trouble finding an instance where the team didnt respond well to these "sky is falling" situations. Maybe you can fill me in?

EZ and I had a similar discussion.

I need a ton more convincing that tOSU last year wasn't a wake up game. Especially after we rattled off 6 in a row.

You're forgetting that we had the wake-up call the week before OSU against Wisconsin.

Or two games before that against UCLA.

But after the OSU game, we had double-digit deficits due to flat play/mistakes on both sides of the ball against:

Penn State

Michigan State

Northwestern

Then we had the Conference Championship Game.

Same thing with Texas in 2010 and Texas Tech in 2009.

In 2009 we lost to Iowa State the week after Texas Tech thanks to a ludicrous eight turnovers. If TT was the wake-up call, they must have hit the snooze button.

In 2010 we barely showed up against Washington. There were injuries, yes, but overall we didn't care to be there, and it showed.

• Fire 1

I agree whole heartily with Enunwa, but I don't know if I like him throwing beck and Co under the bus. Not as a player, not even as a senior..

He didn't throw anyone under the bus. More than one player has said Beck likes to talk openly with players about what plays/calls they like and don't like so he can throw them out or play to their strengths.

Agreed.....not to mention a direct quote from Pelini about the offense not taking enough shots down the field.

The Knapple and EZE exchange pretty much sums up my impression. Several instances where the Huskers got stung and we dubbed it a "wake-up call" but the team actually came out more lifeless in the next game. Some of those games we managed to pull out a win, but the first halves were fairly nightmarish, as if the team hadn't learned a thing. I'll even throw in last year's season ending win against Iowa, a wake-up call that we couldn't overlook anyone and needed to get a lot sharper for the Wisconsin game.

Heck, I'll even throw in Saturday's game. Home game against Wyoming, 92,000 fans in an expanded stadium, bad taste in everyone's mouth after the two 600+ yard defensive meltdowns to end the season. And it was Wyoming who looked ready to play, not the Huskers. Even the offense opened with a couple three and outs, one really bad snap, one fumble and one near-interception that we dodged or things could have been much worse. Oh yeah, and the 100 yards in penalties.

Sometimes we make good in-game adjustments, but it's not a good look when the team comes out looking so shakey, so often. Year after year.

I think Bo had the team well-prepared for the incredibly tense and weird Penn State game in 2011, and for last year's Georgia game when we were such underdogs that the pressure was actually off. But I say wake-up calls aren't Bo's strong suit.