2. We have lots of new guys

3. Gregory looked great

4. Our offense put up tons of yards against a solid* Wyoming D

4. Newby = Heisman

5. Three conference championship game appearances

* solid = in the top 100 nationally

hbkoolaid.jpg

• Fire 3

It's not the fact that nobody cares but there's no reason to panic right now. The end of last season made this a lot harder to take. Now don't call me a sunshine pumper and oblivious to the downward spiral of Nebraska football as we know. I'm not saying Saturday night was acceptable by any means but there are a few things that I think need to be in the back of people's minds. Last year the defense was full of seniors that should have been playing their best football by the time we played Wis. in the Big 10 Championship and Georgia in the bowl game. That didn't happen and it was a disaster. Now for this years defense they should be having their worst performances right now. Many have said it but last night wasn't near as bad as it seemed at the time. In the middle part of the game the D was playing pretty darn well and was in position on a lot of passing plays but Smith was able to put the ball where it needed to be. Also Wyoming had 140 of their yards in the last six minutes of the game. You figure that if our offense could have punched it in instead of throwing a pick that would have been at least cut in half and were talking around 500 possibly even 400 yards given up. Not trying to make excuses but there's no reason at all to call this program mediocre, irrelevant, a dumpster fire, sh*t hole, or laughing stock.

Let me remind you, Mr. Negative Poopy Pants:

1. We always win 9 games

2. We have lots of new guys

3. Gregory looked great

4. Our offense put up tons of yards against a solid* Wyoming D

4. Newby = Heisman

5. Three conference championship game appearances

* solid = in the top 100 nationally

hbkoolaid.jpg

+ 1. That's a pretty slick graphic. Is the huskerfootballzone.com blog yours?

Yes, 'yards per play' is the crucial stat and should always be surrounded by banners and lots of flashy graphics because it means you're giving up an average of yards divided by the number of plays.....very critical!! For instance, if you give up 80 yards on the first play, then your number of yards per play is 80 and that's very bad. Now if you give up 80 yards on 5 different plays but only 2 yards on the other 50 plays then that's....just a second while I get my shoes off.....500 yards and they scored 30 points (was playing a very poor kicking team that missed all the kicks) and that's 9.09 yards per play. Okay, then the next game you give up 6 yards in 100 plays and they score 470 points and you gave up 6 yards per play.....that's not as bad. :sarcasm

No one is going to care when we're winning 10 games a year, making a CCG appearance, and our kids stay out of trouble.

Define "no one".

You don't play the game to make an appearance. You play the game to win.

"No one" as in the ones that would make the call to fire Bo or not.

a complex Defense

If we say this enough, will we start to believe it? Pelini defenses are complex enough that they were learned well in fall camp in 2003 and 2008. Is it possible Pelini recruited poorly and our talent level dropped? I can think of at least two positions now where the returning starter may end up giving way to a more talented underclassman. And yes, the recruiting issue is on Pelini. The good news is swift and immediate corrections seem to have been made.

We cannot allow 400-600 yards allowed to become a standard. Yes, theyr're young but so are alot of other teams. The issue is a young DC trying to make a splash with a complex Defense that even veterans couldn't grasp.

OMG, it looks like a circus around Papuchis...taped fingers, clubs, hearts, spades and diamonds?...Charlie McBride would sh#t his pants if he saw that!

• Fire 2

No one is going to care when we're winning 10 games a year, making a CCG appearance, and our kids stay out of trouble.

Define "no one".

You don't play the game to make an appearance. You play the game to win.

"No one" as in the ones that would make the call to fire Bo or not.

In that sense, I would agree with you.

Not sure how complex it is, Smith seemed to learn it quite well.

I think we have to wait until after the UCLA game to really know what we have. We have young kids out there, that are supposed to be very talented, fast and hungry.

Something that worries me though, is that Hundly (spelling) is now number two QB on the draft list. Supposedly has improved leaps and bounds from last year during our game. If they run all over this defense, put astronomical yards, I think at least part of the experiment is over.

And as to those that make the choices, there are those that are unhappy with the direction. Speaking of the financial backing side. Bo's primary supporter through all of this, is still solidly in his corner. But the word embarrassment has been used in the past.

It's complex enough that Seniors struggled to stop a jet sweep 50x over in last years title game. Id really like to know what the picture of the toilet next to the card suits is SUPPOSED to represent. Right now I have my own opinion.

Don't get me wrong. Having a guy like Papuchis as our seasoned DC would be great, but can we wait that long for better results? 602 yards people, 602. Are we going to become every skill players career day opponent?